Quantcast KP Bookstore NES - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 07:44 PM

Default KP Bookstore NES

Please join!

TheColorPurple causally browsed the fantasy section of the bookstore, plucking one of the shelves and flicking through it mindlessly. She glanced around, smooshing her left hand in her tweed coat. She walked to the in-store coffeeshop and shakily asked for a small mocha. Taking a seat at a table, she read a book, obvilous to the world around her.

Last edited by Novelist; 11-05-2012 at 09:35 PM. Reason: improvement
Old 11-05-2012, 10:46 PM

(I am. )

The door to the bookstore swung open, and a girl walked in. She had dark hair in a slight bob, pale skin, and dark eyes; she wore jeans, a black leather jacket, and black combat boots. This girl's name was TDC. Well, really she was The Dark Calligrapher, but everyone called her TDC.

Being a fantasy lover, the girl called TDC headed over to that section. Her fingers brushed the spines of the books as she looked at titles to find a good book. Her fingers stopped at a spine with the title "Realms of Darkness: Forests of Twilight" printed on it in swirling, purple calligraphy letters.

She plucked it off the shelf and headed for the coffeeshop. A nice caffeine-filled venti sounded delightful right now.

(TDC is my name on the mainsite. And no, TDC's description is not what I look like.)
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 11-06-2012, 10:34 AM

Kendra better known as bookworm, scanned the last pages of the series hungry for the end. She looked warily from her page to a find a younger girl in leather attire, and black combat boots staring at her, immediately she looked to her coffee. Bookworm then went back to her book soaking up the last pages of the story before putting the book on top of the pile she had made today. She sighed.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:31 PM

So absorbed in her book, as TheColorPurple stood up to throw away a napkin, she bumps into a chair- a girl with a bob and a black leather jacket. TheColorPurple watches in horror as the remmants of her mocha spilled on the jacket.
"Oopsies."
Old 11-06-2012, 02:52 PM

Cherrybomb finished her book and placed it down on the table, smacking her lips with the last few drops of coffee.
"Oopsies!" A girl said. She glanced at the girl as she spilled coffee on someone reading. Cherrybomb grabbed a pile of napkins from the table and threw them at the two girls.
"It's raining napkins!" She giggled as the others looked at her quizzically.
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Old 11-06-2012, 03:37 PM

"Um...okay." TheColorPurple picked one up from the floor as she began cleaning the girl.
"I am so, so sorry." She breathed.

Last edited by Novelist; 11-08-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:15 PM

Lizzie had brought her homework with her, but, being the procrastinator she was, had no intention of beginning it until late that night, or - even better - at the end of the week. She dropped her backpack down next to an armchair and skipped over to a computer and looked up some books. In a few minutes she was sitting in that chair, with a stack of books as high as her knee next to her; some were books she had been intending on finishing for a while, and others were just old favorites. She was quickly lost in her reading.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelist View Post
"Um...okay." TheColorPurple picked one up from the floor as she began cleaning the angry girl.
"I am so, so sorry." She breathed.
"Sure, sure," TDC said, waving the girl off. "It doesn't matter, can't undo it, I'll have to go get this cleaned." She gestured to her jacket, and started drumming her fingers on the table. "I'm TDC."
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 11-07-2012, 05:41 PM

"Um, Hi. I'm Purple. TheColorPurple." TheColorPurple throws the napkins in the trash. "Well, if you really are fine, I guess I can go now. Nice meeting you."
While going to her seat, she slips on a napkin and falls face-flat in the pool of coffee.

Last edited by Novelist; 11-08-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelist View Post
"Um, Hi. I'm Purple. TheColorPurple." TheColorPurple throws the napkins in the trash. "Well, if you really are fine, I guess I can go now. Nice meeting you."
While going to her seat, she slips on a napkin and falls face-flat in the pool of coffee.
TDC almost smiled, but didn't. It was near impossible to tell that she was amused. She proceeded to help the girl called Purple up.
they'd lead me to y o u