Quantcast Sweet Sixteen? - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 10-12-2014, 06:54 PM

Default Sweet Sixteen?

So my sixteenth birthday is coming up in a month (yes children, I'm an oldie) and I really want to do something but I don't know what to do. I'm not going to have a big Sweet Sixteen party because a) I don't know enough boys (ahahaha or enough girls for that matter) and b) I'm just antisocial and I don't know how to throw a big party. So I want to do something else to make it a special birthday but I don't know what. Any suggestions, kiddos?
Old 10-12-2014, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieS View Post
So my sixteenth birthday is coming up in a month (yes children, I'm an oldie) and I really want to do something but I don't know what to do. I'm not going to have a big Sweet Sixteen party because a) I don't know enough boys (ahahaha or enough girls for that matter) and b) I'm just antisocial and I don't know how to throw a big party. So I want to do something else to make it a special birthday but I don't know what. Any suggestions, kiddos?
I totally understand. Instead of actually having party, though (because i'm becoming really antisocial and all of my friends live super far away) I told my Mom I want to go to Disney World. And she said okay, but it would have to be in the summer or later (I have a spring birthday). But, heck yeah, Disneyworld instead of a party. *dances around* Hopefully, i actually have money by then, but honestly I'd much rather have fun with my family than host an awkward party with a bunch of people I probably don't even know anymore.

But anything with food is nice; or have a "party" at a club meeting/youth group/class that would totally let you do that? or something so that you can just have a slightly special time with your friends and then a super special day for just you and your fam. so that might work.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:07 AM

Do you have a BFF or something (I know that might sound a bit childish)? But you can ask for her help. Honestly, I get your point. I've had many parties but it's getting kinda old at times.

#﹤(^_^﹤)
But then I was like...

(>^#^﹤)
"I'm hungry..."

(>^_^)> So I ate it.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:25 PM

I just turned 16 on the 10th Honestly, I didn't do much. I actually prefer smaller parties to bigger ones because they're more intimate and you don't have to be pressured to invite a large number of people over. Like, you could just do something really special like go skating or bowling or dancing somewhere and take a couple of your friends or something?

No more dreaming like a girl, like a girl so in love...with the wrong world.

Snow White's stitching up the circuitboard...

inside of me.

-quote on dA
Old 10-13-2014, 11:02 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

I had the same problem e.o But I did a little researching on concerts and my favorite band happened to be playing in the city a couple hours away two days later, so we took a day trip there. You could try to find a concert to go to with some friends or something like that c:

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 10-17-2014, 12:58 AM

Ha, I haven't even thought about that. My 16th birthday is coming up in January. Anyway, you could just go somewhere fun and different than what you usually do. Like on my brother and sister's birthday, we went ice skating. Or you could go a play or something. I'm bad with ideas, we usually just do things with friends or family.