Quantcast Ascendance - Nes - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2018, 09:22 AM

Default Ascendance - Nes

Three shall fight, but one shall reign.

So has been the prophecy for over a hundred generations. The Empire of Kinshirrin has not changed its laws ever since, and so it will remain. Whether it be King or Queen, the owner of the High Throne will wield the Ultimate Power, an indestructible possession that claims them rule over the entire empire. However, even despite this, the three shall compete for the throne. They shall fight to the death, regardless of their distance from one another. They shall battle it out in a war against the odds to determine who shall rise as victor and who shall fall as conquered.

Among the Empire of Kinshirrin, however, is a dark magic that is festering across the kingdoms: an ancient, raw power that threatens to devour the land itself and is slowly creating a blight over the world as the emperors and their divine monarchy know it. What is this dark power? Who rises from the ashes as a villain? Who will be the High Throne ruler?

Okay! Hi! Essentially there will be 3 people who will have one character each (one of which being mine) who will fight to the death against each other in a battle to determine who will claim the High Throne. The two catches are: each of the 3 people live in different sectors: one North, one South, one East; and the other? Each Competitor for the throne will possess a power of your choosing, however it cannot be too OP such as "godlike time-travel". The Western Lands belong to the origins of the dark power we will explore later on in the NES. Open characters also include royal servants, maids, mistresses, nobility, chefs, what have you. Any other ideas or suggestions for roles in the NES, please tell me! I'm always willing to incorporate new ideas into the storyline.

If anyone is confused by anything that I decide might happen in the story, let me know and I'll clear things up with you!

Characters:
  • Competitor 1: CLOSED
  • Competitor 2: CLOSED
  • Competitor 3: OPEN
  • Servant: OPEN
  • Nobility: OPEN
  • Nobility: OPEN
  • Maid: OPEN
  • Librarian: OPEN
  • Farmer: OPEN
  • Worker: OPEN

I'll start my character form here (no need to be too detailed!).

Name: Saelia Ryenns
Appearance: Blonde hair, beautiful blue eyes, slim figure, dainty yet not scrawny, fair maiden, quite tall
Personality: Can often be quite self-destructive with her power, however she tries not to be. Assertive, bossy, yet has a very friendly manner to her beneath all of the mean facades she plays.
Power: Emotional manipulation (negative and positive emotions)
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains

Last edited by maxi; 12-12-2018 at 05:25 AM.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:32 PM

Oh yesss I love semi medieval stories!! I don’t really want to be one of the big three but I’ll totally make a couple of support characters in the future :3
Old 10-11-2018, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
Oh yesss I love semi medieval stories!! I donít really want to be one of the big three but Iíll totally make a couple of support characters in the future :3
Yusssss!!! No worries, there are still many options to choose from! And you can make random one of your own if you so wish.
Taking best guesses
Before all the stains
Old 10-11-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
Yusssss!!! No worries, there are still many options to choose from! And you can make random one of your own if you so wish.
Yeah Iíll just wait until at least one other person has joined so I have more to build off of
Old 10-12-2018, 04:20 PM

I'm rly busy today but can i reserve a spot for a competitor? I'll make a form this week while i attempt to think of a character.

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Old 10-14-2018, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten View Post
I'm rly busy today but can i reserve a spot for a competitor? I'll make a form this week while i attempt to think of a character.
Yeah no problem!
Taking best guesses
Before all the stains
Old 01-03-2019, 07:41 PM

oh shoot i completely forgot about this! It's still okay for me to jump in, right?

Name: Lorelei Mardens

Appearance: She has tan skin and lovely glossy chestnut hair, which falls about midway down her back in gentle waves. Her eyes are a brown so dark it feels that they could swallow light itself. She is lean but very well-muscled, 5í7, and although her steps and gestures are quiet something in the way she holds herself demands to be respected.

Personality: Bitter and contemplative, she is always yearning for a life that canít be hers. She has no taste for the politics and fighting she has been so reluctantly dragged into, but will fight for her people until her final, bloody breath. She is not the most sociable, but so long as you donít bore her she wonít actively avoid you. She burns with a fire inside, and she welcomes any chances she gets to release it- whether through debates, sparring, or a shock of her powers. She is quiet, fierce, but beneath it all she is warm, like the wildfire that licks through her veins.

Power: She can summon and control fire, but she avoids it as much possible as she hates the destruction it wreaks on her surroundings, even though keeping it within her burns her from the inside. Because she avoids using it, she has yet to get a solid grasp on control of her powers.

Hey so if any of you have a spot for a servant, friend, etc i'd be psyched to make some mini characters to interact with yours!
Old 01-03-2019, 08:42 PM

Fire. It’s always the fire.

She watched it from her seat at the large banquet table. They were celebrating something, though Lorelei wasn’t sure what. She could never pay attention to their words, their feasts and balls and masked sneers. The fire, it drew her attention, forever and always. Fire, she thought, could never be a good thing.

It was, for others, that thing which seduced them, drew them forward endlessly in a search for warmth, power, a beautiful future, like moths toward a flame. They would fly to it blindly, mistaking its cruelty for warmth, and would inevitably be swallowed up in its burning tendrils. To Lorelei, however, it was the lighthouse, steering her away from the rocks. Where there was fire, Lorelei knew to flee.

She saw fire in them, the nobles. They were both the flame and the wood, the hunter and the prey. They danced and swayed and nipped at each other, alluring in their ways but waiting for the moment when they could devour you, and grow upon your ashes. Lorelei avoided the bonfire that was politics. It was easy some days, hard others. But even still, their fire was never as deadly as the one scorching her own skin.

A voice tore her thoughts away from the flickering flames, and she glanced to her left, spots of light lingering in her gaze. She imagined it smoldered them too, to meet her gaze still as hot as a freshly forged blade. Her brother, however, did not flinch. That was fine. He was used to the blaze.

“Lorelei,” he admonished, voice rough as though he had been swallowing down the ashes of those he vanquished in the burning court. “pull yourself together. We’re here to strengthen our influence over the nobles, not chase them away with your frigid glare.”

Frigid, brother? Lorelai laughed in her mind. I could not be one with the ice even if I laid myself to sleep in the snows of the North. Even in death, I have no doubt that magma will spill from my wounds and my body will burn endlessly, even when everything else is gone, and only the heat remains.

Outwardly, she smiled placidly. “As you say, brother.”

The room was filled with the noises of eating. Silverware clinking, drinks sloshing in their glasses, the quiet murmur of a hundred conversations from a hundred nosy nobles. It drove her insane, an endless clatter that clawed at her ears. It was then that she realized her mood was more than just angst and bitterness today. Today was one of those days where the fire rose up and sloshed out of her blood, bubbling up to escape, scrambling to direct itself in any direction. It seemed that Bernard had come to this realization as well, for beneath the table he clasped her fingers in his, and it grounded her, even though she knew his veins burnt with molten too. It felt almost as though the contact was sucking the overwhelmingness of it all out of her, until her skin no longer felt tight and she could pick out individual conversations once more.

He released her hand and stood, straightening the collar of his dressy outfit. His plate is empty, and so Is most everyone else’s. She dimly realized that the whole dinner had passed her by, and couldn’t care to pretend that it upset her. The guests filtered through the door, and she knew therewere many suitors lingering to speak with her, so she hid away on a balcony until Bernard came to fetch her.

“Lorelei,” he says, hesitantly. It’s not like him to hesitate. She knows it, and her arms tense. “Lorelei,” he syas again, voice quiet but worried. “mother has asked me to travel to the North. She wants me to meet the competitor there, and gather some intelligence. But I know that day is approaching, and I know how you get. If you need me... that is to say, if you’d like me to stay...”

She cut him off with a firm but silent wave of her hand. They both know he is lying through his teeth. Regrdless of how supportive he does or doesn’t want to be, her twin, favored as he is, wouldn’t dare try to argue with the monarch.

“Go,” She said, and they both pretended her tone isn’t laced with venom. “Run along on mother’s little errand. I have no need of you here.” It’s not true, of course, but she says it anyway. Anything to get him to leave her alone already. His warmth, while admittedly comforting in that stuffy room, now sucks away the cold crisp air that she had been enjoying.

He left and she sucked in another breath, the fresh air coaxing memories to the front of her mind. Wet moss beneath her feet, branches tangled in her hair, a laugh bubbling from somewhere within the trees. She shook her abruptly, disrupting the flow. No, not yet. She would not allow herself to fall apart yet. That day, that anniversary was fast approaching, but she would not crumble until that day, when she would inevitably burst into phoenix flames once more.

She gazed up at the stars, and wondered if it would finally be colder when she reached them.

(I started writing in first person by accident halfway through and had to rush to fix it so sorry if its icky)

(also I’m really sorry it’s probably not great, I'm kind of rusty at writing in general and I haven’t written something like this before. Looking forward to it though!)
Old 01-03-2019, 11:10 PM

(Hi Norah! I like the idea of mini character interactions, and I'd be cool with you making someone for Beck to interact with and you want I'd like to make someone for Lorelei to interact with as well! Actually, I'd be cool to do a minor character for both Saelia and Lorelei to interact with until our characters meet each other! I'm so pumped for this NES!)

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Old 01-03-2019, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten View Post
(Hi Norah! I like the idea of mini character interactions, and I'd be cool with you making someone for Beck to interact with and you want I'd like to make someone for Lorelei to interact with as well! Actually, I'd be cool to do a minor character for both Saelia and Lorelei to interact with until our characters meet each other! I'm so pumped for this NES!)
Sweet, sounds good. Any particular kind of person youíd like/would be easy to make interact with him? Like personality and position wise

Tags
beck can like get it, beck for the win, i love angst, lorelei more like lorebye, luna was here, saelia?? is??? pure????