Quantcast Character Cafe NES *I know.... it's stupid* - Page 63 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2015, 12:14 PM

Alastair lead the other three towards a table in the center of the room. The four of them slouched down into the wooden chairs around the table and sighed. A waitress walked over, notepad in hand, and kindly asked if they were ready to order.
"I'll take a very hot cocoa." Keane said, her head rested on the back of the chair.
"Coffee, please. Black." Alastair continued the order, "Those two will have the same."
The waitress smiled, and turned on her heel to walk away.
"Ugh you guys are so boring. Black coffee? No mocha or even cream and sugar?" Keane moaned.
Haines put his feet up on the table and leaned his chair back on its back legs. "I just need the caffeine." He said.
"Get your feet off the table." Alastair commanded. Haines gave him a sideways glance, but obeyed him none the less.
Keane leaned forward. "We should go somewhere after this."
"We are somewhere." Ezra finally spoke his first words since they had been in the cafe.
"No I mean like another story. What do you say, Al?"
Alastair thought on it for a moment. "We really need to get back to the house. We left Miles and Blaire there and they'll be waiting for us."
"Psh, it was their choice not to come with us. Their choice to miss out on the fun."
Ezra leaned his elbows on his knees. "What do you mean, go to another story?"
Haines answered, "This is the character cafe, buddy. So once we're here we have access to other people's stories."
Ezra nodded, "Yeah that sounds like fun."
"Fine," Alastair said, "we'll do it, but we'll be quick. We still have training to do."
Me
~I See Fire-Ed Sheeran~

DFTBA
Old 05-20-2015, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toriluv91750 View Post
I actually do want to do this again, except with different characters. Anyone else?
I would love that. I miss this forum, it was one of my favorite things about KP.

(finding neverland)
Old 05-20-2015, 06:13 PM

Ooh I will definitely join up again soon
Old 05-20-2015, 06:25 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to saphiremoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
I would love that. I miss this forum, it was one of my favorite things about KP.
Ditto

Also hELLO FUZZY
Old 05-20-2015, 06:34 PM

"I'm going for coffee in the character café, anyone wanna come?" Maude said loudly as she walked into the lounge.
Chase shrugged. "Sure."
Cember gave a simple nod.
"Do I hear mentions of caffeinated beverages?" Cystenian popped his head into the room, grinning. "Well, you know I'm in!" He turned his head to the boy next to him. "You'll come too, right, Liam?"
"I suppose I would appreciate green tea right now... But it better be damn good green tea, not like that crap we got that one time last semester."
"Yeah, probably shouldn't have gotten tea from a random shop. Thing is, there's waaay to high a number of those here, right?"
"The character café isn't one of them, at the least."
Old 05-20-2015, 06:43 PM

More people were walking in. Great. Kia spotted a group of five kids out of the corner of her eye, but decided not to actually turn her head and look over there because that would look a bit creepy. She didn't intend to check people out, just find out as much as she could about them from only their appearance.

The door opened again and a small boy walked in, about nine years old. Her little brother, Jack, had somehow found his way here. Maybe one of her friends had randomly offered to give him a ride. They all loved him, after all. "Kia!" he screamed, unable to control himself. Silly Jack, always disregarding social norms. He was only nine, after all.

Kia picked up her brother and smiled somewhat sheepishly at everyone else's glares. "Shh... remember what I said about yelling in public? Don't do it." She sat him down next to her. "But because I'm not mad at you yet, I'll still buy you hot chocolate."
Old 05-21-2015, 08:43 PM

"Coffee with obscene amounts of sugar!" Maude and Cystenian toasted, Maude a bit more deadpan, as they both received their drinks.
"Why." Cember gave this quiet and near-toneless mumble as she drank her macchiato, but it was still fairly easy for the other four to notice her disgust.
"Same," Chase said to her, taking a sip of his own untarnished black coffee.
Coffee freaks, Liam thought about all four of them, quite content with his own green tea.
"Sooo, how's that tea?" Cystenian asked. "Probably good, right? You seem happy."
"Well... It's certainly damn good green tea."
"My coffee's great too!" He replied. "You should come here more often with me."
"One, I don't recall asking, and two... ugh. I will regret this. Fine, yes. I will."
Cystenian's bright smile softened a bit. "Thanks."
He turned to look at their other friends, seeing Maude and Cember enjoying their drinks and exchanging words occasionally. Chase was doing what Chase often did: eyes and ears open, quietly observing both his friends and the many others in the character café.

(idk man what is writing)
Old 05-22-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphiremoon View Post
Ditto

Also hELLO FUZZY
hello dear. how have you been? i have missed your writing and your lovely characters as well... hopefully my life will let me stay on often enough to catch up!

(finding neverland)
Old 01-29-2016, 03:48 PM

I hope you don't mind if I arbitrarily revive this.

Character's Name: Arthur Sperator Fairhaven

Book they are from: A Very Important Nothing (has not been posted on KP)

Looks: He's in his late teen years and huge. Very tall and very strong; not obese in the least, but broad. His hair is brown, curly, and has recently been cut. Very pretty hair that everyone privately wants to pet. He's Caucasian but tan, and around his eyes (which are grey) he looks a little native american.

Personality: He is, at first glance, a very quiet and solemn sort of fellow. He doesn't smile all that much, either. Once you get to know him, though, he's a very responsible and mature teenager, comparatively. He's also got a bit more reading under his belt than the usual, being raised by literature lovers. He always seems to be doing something, and although he's very quiet and still, he's never idle.

He can also be eerily perceptive about what people are thinking/feeling. This is because he has low-level telepathic powers. LONG STORY.

He's been raised stringently Byzantine Catholic, and both his family and the people who raised him (LONG STORY HERE ALSO) are very old-fashioned, and a lot of that shows in what he does. He can be rather judgmental of others if their actions are against his beliefs (e.g. if he ever meets a gay/lesbian, he'll be extremely awkward.) However, he also tries to understand people, so even though his first meeting with above character would be extremely awkward for both, he'll probably end up being friends with them. A flip side of this is that he's extremely sensitive and honorable towards ladies, and very honorable in general.

OOH SORRY I NEED TO STOP DESCRIBING

anywho I'mma probably write him post-story, because he's a bit more well-rounded and frankly, less energetic.

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Quietly, the young man with brown curls slipped inside the character cafe, his new laptop under his arm. He stole into a corner seat, and opened to where he was researching something or other for school. His eyes scanned the page but didn't really take in the information as he looked around at the shop.

He had left the town he was born in, left the state he was raised in, to go to school here in this huge town in the south. Appalachian-born Arthur felt trapped, for all that there were parks and trees everywhere. He couldn't walk freely.

There were also so many people. He hadn't realized how even the people back home in Eaton affected him; there were tens at a time for his oversensitive brain to deal with. Here, they were in the thousands.

He wondered again whether he shouldn't go home. He reminded himself that home wasn't what it was, and the nagging feeling of homesickness wouldn't be abated wherever he went. He'd felt at home in the big brown house that had, by law, belonged to him; but now that house was gone.

The people are left, though.

"Hey?" the person at the counter looked at him. "Is it legal to come into a shop and sit there and not buy anything?"

Arthur looked at the woman and shrugged vaguely. "I don't know, but I'll have a mocha frappucino, to be safe. Do you serve food here, ma'am?"

"What?" the woman shouted, "Come closer, I can't hear you!"

Arthur left his laptop and strode closer. As he towered above the woman at the counter, she saw how her eyes turned from kindly and curious to absolutely terrified. "Erm..." she squeaked.

"Do you serve food here, ma'am?" Arthur asked softly and politely, wishing again that he could go places without having to duck in the door and terrify everyone inside. Thanks, Grandpa Nathan, for the tall genes, he thought irritably.

-i found, amber run
Old 01-29-2016, 08:14 PM

ill bring in morr and the others later
might also bring sanna and co back

Tags
cooleoleleo!!! derp, evil authors >:), heheheheheheheheheh, i'dbeleftoutifijoined, kristina and sanna, lyall_areyel_was_here, my socks sing me songs, nes, never ending story, octopusologist, wow what happened