Quantcast Ascendance - Nes - Page 8 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2019, 05:50 PM

Default Dierdre

She shook her head regretfully. Sorry. Ill ask around though. Im sure Ill find out something useful, and Ill tell you as soon as I do, she said, smiling. Im really glad youre feeling more confident about this. Ill do everything I can to help you win!
(I will full heartedly sacrifice Lorelei for Becks success rip)
Old 01-06-2019, 06:10 PM

Default Beck

Beck smiled at her; he wasnt full-on beaming (that hadnt happened in a while) but still looking positively peppy, which was a vast improvement on his recent mood. Already, thoughts were racing through his head of strategies and what books the library might contain that would be useful. He knew he shouldnt be so happy about this, seeing as he still knew nothing about his other competitor, but he couldnt stop himself from feeling more optimistic about the Struggle.

He took another big bite of food, gratitude and hope shining in his eyes. Thanks, Dierdre, He said as soon as he swallowed, not sure how to adequately express how much that little tidbit of information cheered him and how much her friendship meant to him. He was the happiest he had been in days, weeks even. Which was dumb, of course, it was only a small bit of information. But Beck still felt a renewed sense of vigor and determination.

(Oh my gosh you dont have to do that lol)
(On an unrelated note, should I give him a love interest?)

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Old 01-07-2019, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
(man i'm dumb as heck so if i misinterpret things just let me know and I will change it, sorry)

A soft passive smiled played across his face, obscuring the sharpness beneath. "Do i anger you, princess? I spoke out of place, though I'm well aware that what I spoke is the truth. I apologize. I had no intention to set you into such a mood."
He seemed amused, and the glint in his eyes seemed to tell that he was reassessing her. "I am the prince of the south- Bernard. It's a pleasure to meet you, competitor."

(i have no clue what i'm doing hhhh)
Prince of the South? Bernard? By the gods, Saelia wished that she had prepared herself more thoroughly for this, and had known about this man's presence beforehand. His soft smile invited butterflies to flutter their shimmering wings around her stomach, painting a canvas of nerves.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, too, Prince of the South," Saelia introduced herself thereafter, "I'm Saelia Ryenns, the Competitor of the North and the daughter of the Northern Lord. I pray that your stay here is welcoming, and that my father does not hassle you around too much. Gods know that I feel that way sometimes. How do you like the kingdom of Golgaroch so far?"
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Old 01-08-2019, 10:05 PM

Default Bernard

(Ah shoot sorry guys homework suddenly piled up)

He laughed softly, a deep and quiet rumble. I should pray so too, though I am here for diplomatic reasons, so perhaps it cant be helped. As for your kingdom, its beautiful, truly. If I hadnt been here before Id scarcely be able to speak from awe of it.
He smiled charmingly at her, though his gaze flitted about her form restlessly. So, where might you be off to today? Ive arrived earlier than expected, so Im afraid Ive found myself with an entire days worth of unoccupied time...
Old 01-08-2019, 10:22 PM

Default Dierdre

Dierdre grinned so wide it hurt a little and bumped her shoulder against his. Of course! She exclaimed. Youre welcome, but theres no need to thank me. You know id Do anything for you. Im just happy to see youre happy. Now, lets leave this subject on a high note. What else shall we discuss?
(I dont have to but I totally would Lolol )
(And ooh yes sure do it or dont idk could be exciting or not, all depends on you haha)
(Im just now realizing Ive only written one post for Lorelei so far oops)
Old 01-09-2019, 04:53 PM

Default Beck

Beck continued to smile. "I don't know, but I read a really good book recently," he replied. "Oh! And there's a new horse in the stables that I absolutely love! His name is Marlo. We should definitely go riding sometime!" He grew more animated as he talked; a fact about that Beck that many people didn't know what that he loved animals and most of the time preferred them to people (though that part wasn't surprising, considering his introverted nature).

(lol)
(hmmm i'm thinking of a possible idea but i'm not sure whether i'll use it so we'll see? and if i do give him a love interest it's definitely gonna create as much angst and drama as possible hehe,, if either of you guys have suggestions or ideas for that i'm up for it)
(tbh I really like Lorelei and Saelia so far!)

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Old 01-11-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
(Ah shoot sorry guys homework suddenly piled up)

He laughed softly, a deep and quiet rumble. I should pray so too, though I am here for diplomatic reasons, so perhaps it cant be helped. As for your kingdom, its beautiful, truly. If I hadnt been here before Id scarcely be able to speak from awe of it.
He smiled charmingly at her, though his gaze flitted about her form restlessly. So, where might you be off to today? Ive arrived earlier than expected, so Im afraid Ive found myself with an entire days worth of unoccupied time...
Saelia truly found the Prince of the South interesting and charming, if not profound. "Ah yes, diplomatic reasons. My father ensured me that many of the guests coming tonight would be of the diplomatic kind. Lords, ladies, duchesses, barons... It's a wonder this kingdom isn't brimming with guests yet," she said, words spilling like an overflowing fountain, and much like her concept of guest-brimming kingdoms. I'm actually going to the library to brush up on some of the neighbouring kingdoms so that I can anticipate any shortcuts around winning the Struggle."

Perhaps that was too abrupt. After all, Bernard hailed from another kingdom and not the same one such as she. Maybe it hadn't been the best idea to spill word of her decision to find out all the conspiracies unfurling from the kingdom of the south.
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Old 01-19-2019, 12:32 AM

I love this story so far! If it's not too late to join I have some side characters

Name: Percival Morgan/Lieutenant Morgan
I was hoping he could be second-in-command to the captain of one of the kingdoms royal armies. Would anyone be open to having him play a bodyguard to one of their champions?
Appearance: 61, scarred, and muscular. He has a slender handsome face, dark brown hair, a beard that can get quite unruly if not maintained, and dark brown eyes.
Personality: Hes a simple man, loves spending a night at the bar with his men and coming home to spend quality time with his wife and child. Those hes close with know hes extremely gentle despite his intimidating appearance. He often forgets to take care of himself and sometimes puts his duty to the royal family above things like his health and his personal life.

Name: Mira Cosima Morgan/ wife of Percival
Appearance: 54, golden brown skin, broad shouldered and slender. She has long black hair, expressive almond eyes, and a heart shaped face.
Personality: Nurturing and warm. She makes friends easily and enjoys social gatherings. She has a very soothing presence that helps with the stress of her husbands work. Shes extremely religious and has a firm belief that everything happens for a reason.
Old 01-19-2019, 05:32 PM

Default Dierdre

(Oh gosh Im so sorry)

Dierdre smiled fondly. Yes, we should. She placed a hand over her heart in mock hurt. If were still friends. Since by the look on your face I almost feel as though Ive been replaced by a horse...
Old 01-19-2019, 05:39 PM

Default Bernard

]

Ah, might I accompany you then? I may be able to provide some insights, my diplomatic position in the kingdom does demand for knowledge of our neighbors after all. He paused for a moment, then laughed. That must sound so treacherous. You neednt worry, Im no viper waiting to strike. Im simply curious, and a little bored I suppose.

Tags
beck can like get it, beck for the win, i love angst, lorelei more like lorebye, luna was here, saelia?? is??? pure????