forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 06:30 PM

Exclamation ╬Jaeger╬

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
Name: Jaegar "Jae" Arimatri
Appearance: curly black hair, Mediterranean complexion, square jaw, muscular, average height. Hunter green eyes.
Personality: somwhat surly and serious, as well as antisocial. He's blunt and sarcastic and a bit of a loner, but a great friend when you get to know him.
Year at Camp: 2
Cabin [1-20 are the 8-10 year olds, 21-40 are 11-13 year olds, 41-60 are the 14-16 year olds, and 61-70 are the 17 year olds. Unrealistic, but I don't care. XP): 22, right next to Draxx.
Team, Subteam: Dawn Eagles
Activities, Week 1: Archery, Sketching, Track
Activities, Week 2: Ropes Course, Woodshop, Basketball
Activities, Week 3: Guitar, Boating, Outdoor Survivor
Activities, Week 4: Poetry, Glass Fusing, Hiking
Other: Er... nothing I can currently think of.
A pair of ultramarine blue eyes stared at Jaegar Arimatri as he walked into Cabin 23, the cabin next to his own home-for-a-month, Cabin 22. It couldn't hurt to introduce himself, right?

"Um. Hi," Jae said, never having been the most talkative.

"...Hi?" the other boy replied a bit uncertainly.

"I'm Jaegar Arimatri."

"I'm Draxx Barden. Welcome to the Weird Names Club."
Old 12-14-2012, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
Yeah. Another NES. Well, I love NESes. Onwards...

We will pretend everyone's winter break is somehow 1 month long (I don't care if that's unrealistic! ), and the camp is also one month long. I will format this as the camp's website.

Welcome to Evergreen Winter Camp

Most camps are summer camps. Well, Evergreen is a WINTER camp, to attend during month-long winter break. Our camp is located in California.

Evergreen is a 4-week camp (only 1 session) for both boys and girls ages 8-17. Feel free to explore our website.

(Not part of the website, back to me now.)
Activities include ropes course, hiking/outdoor survivor, various sports, archery, boating (no actually getting in the water, of course-- it's winter), various arts and crafts, and whatever else you can think of. XP

There's also Camp Comp (Camp Competition). You are either on Team Dawn or Team Twilight. Each cabin # is part of one of the teams, with an animal sub-team (Ex., Twilight Wolves, Dawn Eagles). If you'd like to sign up, fill out this form (with my first character as an example):

Name: Kastoria "Kast" Veroia Korce
Appearance: curly black hair that falls in ringlets to the bottom of her shoulder blades; triangular face, tan complexion, lean and tall; light hazel eyes that look like amber.
Personality: Sarcastic, witty, friendly enough, aggressive, competitive, fiery spirit, mischievous, obdurate, tenacious, strong-willed, loyal friend, creative, athletic, imaginative. (And more. ^_^)
Year at Camp: 1
Cabin [1-20 are the 8-10 year olds, 21-40 are 11-13 year olds, 41-60 are the 14-16 year olds, and 61-70 are the 17 year olds. Unrealistic, but I don't care. XP): 37
Team, Subteam: Dawn Foxes
Activities, Week 1: Archery, Pottery, Softball
Activities, Week 2: Ropes Course, Woodshop, Track
Activities, Week 3: Hiking, Sketching, Tennis
Activities, Week 4: Outdoor Survivor, Loom Weaving, Basketball
Other: Er... nothing I can currently think of.

NES Guidlines:
1. I will start.
2. I would prefer you posting in your character's POV.
3. Have fun.
4. I'm not a fan of rules.
5. No major controlling of others' characters.

I'll give more info as we go along.

You may join...

Maybe...

Just about...

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

NOW!
Name: Daria Mallery (Dar-ee-a)
Appearance: Fresh chestnut brown hair, long and draping down to her waist. A perfect wave always with side swept bangs. She has large grey-ish blue eyes that swarm an icy cool feel. She has a small upturned nose, a few freckles kissing her strong high cheekbones. She is healthy for her age, skinny, strong legs and muscled arms. She enjoys putting her up in a baseball cap that was given to her by her father. She wears t-shirts that show off her form and nice dark jeans, faded and ripped.
Personality: She is a smart-allic, kind of sassy, and believes she knows everything and has all the answers. She enjoys sarcasm but only uses it for special occasions and on the people who are close to her as a kind of joke. She is athletic in many ways, is know for her perfect archery that she began studying at age 5. She is mostly serious but laughs every so often. Very feminine, enjoys dresses and such, but doesn't mind the muddy tees or the dirty jeans either.
Years at Camp: her 9th, that's why she thinks she knows everything cause she is a senior.
Cabin: 43
Team: Dawn Foxes
Activities, Week 1: Archery, Track, Tennis
Activities, Week 2: Ropes Course, Woodshop, Softball
Activities, Week 3: Hiking, Out Door Survivor *which she is good at*, Pottery
Activities, Week 4: Sketching, Loom Weaving, Basketball
Other: She kind of watches over every one. Is known as the 'general' sort of or 'mother hen' except definitely more strict.

I am one with the wind and sky

Last edited by bookworm1999; 01-13-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:56 AM

So when do I jump into the story with my character?

Old 12-14-2012, 06:05 PM

Just jump in now.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:41 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

Carma Felicity arrived at the camp entrance and glanced up at the sign with uncertainty, but still shrugged and continued walking.
She glanced down at the sheet of paper she'd printed from the computer after signing up for the camp, pushing her layered black hair behind her small ears.
Cabin 25. Got it.
She squinted at the many cabins until she found one labeled 25 and walked up to it, pushing the door open to reveal an empty cabin.
She shrugged, not really caring if she'd be alone. After all, she'd get to choose her bunk!
Carma dumped her bags on the floor and straightened her nerd glasses frames that had no lenses. She exited the cabin, deciding to get ready later, and walked down the steps leading up to the door, taking a stroll through the camp and praying that she wouldn't get lost. After all, it was her first year here.

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 12-15-2012, 03:14 AM

Daria was never one for babysitting, but after seeing the total need and lack of communication going around, the urge stuck to her. Exasperated already by her many floundering pupils, she directed several ten year-olds to their existing cabin. She watched all of them hustle in and squeeze their bodies through the wood carved door before disappearing a crowd of squeals and hugs. Daria stared at her clipboard, dotted with numbers of cabins, names, and scribbles which in all actuality were doodles. She plopped her clipboard to the side of her hip, feeling the cold urge to finish her job. She turned around before colliding with a younger boy. She toppled to the floor, her mess of papers flying with her. As she lay on the ground she turned with a growl at the person who undoubtedly was quite the most ignorant person of life, considering they cant see straight ahead of them. It was teen, like her, but younger, buffer for his age, kind of sore around the eyes, but all the same.... she would have called him and idiot. "Can you not SEE?!" She boomed.
The boy turned to her a smile playing at his lips. "Girls with sass, I like it."
Daria rolled her eyes, her cheeks turning red from embarrassment and annoyance. She swept her caramel chocolate bangs out of her eyes as she commenced turning over every page sprayed with mulch.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:39 AM

Will be making another character XD

Name: Vincent Amata
Appearance: curly black hair short that sort of springs of of his head (not afro, like short but wavy.) Strong, nicely built with curious diamond eyes, blue and nearly white. He has a rugged chin, large white smile, and a strong short nose. He is taller, wide in the sense he is strong.
Personality: he is curious, very much outgoing and witty. He has charm, isn't all that much into flirting, just kind of annoys girls in a flirt-ish way. he isn't very cautious but is very aggressive if it's something he wants. He is smart, in a sense stubborn, and is very much inspiring. He enjoys annoying girls, kind of is a blabber mouth but the guys love him. He is brave, daring, and cunning.
Year at Camp: 2
Cabin: 43 *mehehe*
Team: Dawn Foxes
Activities, Week 1: Archery, Pottery, Paint
Activities, Week 2: Ropes Course, Woodshop, Softball
Activities, Week 3: Outdoor Survivor,Sketching, Tennis
Activities, Week 4: Hiking, Track, Basketball
Other: Last year he came, didn't have such a good time. Was the smart freak, picked on, wasn't good at nothing. But he came back as he changed over the months and is now loved by many pupils

Last edited by bookworm1999; 01-13-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm1999 View Post
Daria was never one for babysitting, but after seeing the total need and lack of communication going around, the urge stuck to her. Exasperated already by her many floundering pupils, she directed several ten year-olds to their existing cabin. She watched all of them hustle in and squeeze their bodies through the wood carved door before disappearing a crowd of squeals and hugs. Daria stared at her clipboard, dotted with numbers of cabins, names, and scribbles which in all actuality were doodles. She plopped her clipboard to the side of her hip, feeling the cold urge to finish her job. She turned around before colliding with a younger boy. She toppled to the floor, her mess of papers flying with her. As she lay on the ground she turned with a growl at the person who undoubtedly was quite the most ignorant person of life, considering they cant see straight ahead of them. It was teen, like her, but younger, buffer for his age, kind of sore around the eyes, but all the same.... she would have called him and idiot. "Can you not SEE?!" She boomed.
The boy turned to her a smile playing at his lips. "Girls with sass, I like it."
Daria rolled her eyes, her cheeks turning red from embarrassment and annoyance. She swept her caramel chocolate bangs out of her eyes as she commenced turning over every page sprayed with mulch.
A page was handed to Daria, covered in dust and dirt. She plucked from his firm hands and looked up with a grimace at the boy. He had curly short black hair, the wind playing with the wavy strands. His eyes bore an icy diamond glare through her sour face. He was tan, nice and muscled and taller. Her cheeks flared as she glared at the pathetic smile playing at his nice thin lips. "Go away, "she ordered.

The boy laughed and stood up as she did. "Where?" he inquired, a hint of sarcasm screaming through the word. She pivoted on her heel, turning to him, her long messy braid flying. "I don't know, where were you before? When you ran into me." Daria's face grew hot as she began a march down the hill toward the center of camp. The idiot remained behind her, annoying her in anyway possible.

"Ya, sorry 'bout that. It was a total accident. I mean you can understand right." He moved in front of her. Her face drooped. "No, I can't."

She pushed past him, crying out mental pleas for him to disappear. "What's you name?" he began, "My name is Victor.
He popped his head out from behind her shoulder. She used her hand to flick him away as he bounced backwards laughing. She halted and turned toward him, her face painted with anger. "Will you not leave me alone?!"

He grinned, not caring if she noticed, "No, why should I?"

"Because, I am kind of busy, and a little irritated right now." She wiped a loose strand from her face.

He stepped closer. "A little?" he cocked his head, a beam in his white eye.

She huffed and set her clipboard on a bench next to her. "You are the most annoying little jerk I have ever met!" Her clipboard clattered on the bench.

He stepped back his grin having the audacity to grow wider. "You barely know me, so you can't say that. Now, I will ask again, what is your name?"

Daria looked around exasperated, flicking her strands away. She put her hand on top of her head, a boiling rage getting to her. She stared him down, his eyes not moving from her petite face. "Daria." She grimaced, her tone set.

He remained his grin, "See that wasn't so hard, now was it?"

Daria laughed and grabbed her clipboard. "Now leave me alone."

Old 12-15-2012, 03:03 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

Carma walked a bit further, only stopping when she saw a girl and a boy in what looked like a fight, though she couldn't be so sure.
I guess this camp isn't all happy happy joy joy, She thought, one side of her mouth pulling up in a sort of smirk or smile.

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 12-15-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvhamsters View Post
Carma walked a bit further, only stopping when she saw a girl and a boy in what looked like a fight, though she couldn't be so sure.
I guess this camp isn't all happy happy joy joy, She thought, one side of her mouth pulling up in a sort of smirk or smile.
Daria glanced around her, Vincent still picking at her nerve's. "-it was all just fun and games afterwards though. They never really would have meant that and all." Daria sighed as he ended his story.
She turned completely ignoring the idiot behind her, that's when she saw a younger girl glaring at them, a lopsided grin at her face. Daria's cheeks turned a crimson red, her jaw clenched tightly as her molars rubbed against each other. Not even comprehending her actions she yelled over, "What!? Amused by what you see, eh? A stupid fool playing with a stupid girl! Laugh it up will ya!" She grabbed a box of ornaments and marched toward a tree, ignoring the pained face of the young girl. Vincent marched behind her, quietly giggling to himself.

Tags
adventure is out there!, calla violet ryan, dariaisdebomb, foodfight, lalala tagging, lol random, lyall_areyel_was_here, never-ending story, omg stalker alert o.o, stalking ur characters, taggedles, thatguy 4eva, who added thatguy 4eva?, who's stalking k d & j