Quantcast Eating Disorders and Self-Image - Page 6 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
no I'm not talking to the people who are legitimately looking for support, I'm looking at the people who are posting descriptive details about their eating disorders and appear to be asking for support for their eating disorder. I'm also talking to the people who are just kind of dabbling their feet in the eating disorder thing and need to get. out. I realize it's unfair to expect anyone with an eating disorder to just "stop it", but if you have an eating disorder you need to get help, not post something about how fat you are on a children's writing website. It also is emotionally unhelpful for me and for I'm sure other people to see people posting their exact measurements and saying how fat they are, especially because this inspires more and more people to talk about how fat they think they are, and even if you didn't have a body image thing before, seeing that might not be the best idea. I'm sorry if I'm generalizing everybody on this thread, but the last post that I saw, reviving the thread, and also all the people posting all their measurements caught me off guard. If you do have an eating disorder and you need help with it, please get help. I don't want to punish anybody for having an eating disorder; I want people to get the support they need and not look for it in inappropriate places. I'm scared that this will become a pro-anorexia thread because I've seen this happen on the cutting thread where people started talking about it and encouraging each other in their harmful behaviors.
Okay, I am really sorry to have reacted so strongly. I heard that you are in therapy for anorexia, and I wish the best for you. No one deserves to go through this, and I am sure you're a wonderful person. Just in the particular comment I replied to, it seemed like you were criticizing people for having eating disorders.

I understand where you're coming from though. I haven't been on the cutting thread, but it does sound like if people are encouraging others to engage in harmful behavior, it should be shut down.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluzzle View Post
hi esther is currently in therapy for anorexia
I know, I found out and now I feel really bad for accusing her.
Old 02-24-2015, 06:42 PM

You guys are all good

The thing is that nobody deserves the emotional turmoil of having an eating disorder so it really scares the shit outta me when I see you guys dipping your toes in it. I really just want everybody to love themselves, and I know that's not a realistic expectation, but I really do love all of you and I wish you felt the same way about yourselves.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 02-24-2015, 06:58 PM

Quote:
You guys are all good

The thing is that nobody deserves the emotional turmoil of having an eating disorder so it really scares the shit outta me when I see you guys dipping your toes in it. I really just want everybody to love themselves, and I know that's not a realistic expectation, but I really do love all of you and I wish you felt the same way about yourselves.
I get why you said what you said. Seeing as you've been through anorexia, you probably don't want anyone else to have to deal with it as well.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:07 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse

Quote:
You guys are all good

Agreed

Hey AA look at the new thread I made WE CAN WATCH MOVIES TOGETHER
Old 02-24-2015, 07:25 PM

*applauds*

well said, AA. i've gone through this as well, and honestly i think this thread should be deleted. there's enough negativity in the world.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabes View Post
*applauds*

well said, AA. i've gone through this as well, and honestly i think this thread should be deleted. there's enough negativity in the world.
Thank you. *bows*

I'm always on hand to cuss about something or other.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 02-25-2015, 10:57 PM

Quote:
no I'm not talking to the people who are legitimately looking for support, I'm looking at the people who are posting descriptive details about their eating disorders and appear to be asking for support for their eating disorder. I'm also talking to the people who are just kind of dabbling their feet in the eating disorder thing and need to get. out. I realize it's unfair to expect anyone with an eating disorder to just "stop it", but if you have an eating disorder you need to get help, not post something about how fat you are on a children's writing website. It also is emotionally unhelpful for me and for I'm sure other people to see people posting their exact measurements and saying how fat they are, especially because this inspires more and more people to talk about how fat they think they are, and even if you didn't have a body image thing before, seeing that might not be the best idea. I'm sorry if I'm generalizing everybody on this thread, but the last post that I saw, reviving the thread, and also all the people posting all their measurements caught me off guard. If you do have an eating disorder and you need help with it, please get help. I don't want to punish anybody for having an eating disorder; I want people to get the support they need and not look for it in inappropriate places. I'm scared that this will become a pro-anorexia thread because I've seen this happen on the cutting thread where people started talking about it and encouraging each other in their harmful behaviors.
^^^^ i second this

Tags
dieting, eating disorders, i hate myself, self image, weight, yeah me too, you are not alone