Quantcast Ascendance - Nes - Page 6 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 01-05-2019, 11:10 PM

Default Beck

Though when Dierdre had taken some of the food he was holding he pretended too reach for it with an amused eye roll, he stopped when her tone became more serious. "Thanks," he said simply. "I'm really so glad that I have a friend like you. I just want you to promise me something." He took a deep breath, willing himself to have the strength to go on. "If--if I die, in the Struggle, will you tell my family that I love them? I know I could just say it myself, but they always seem to lose whatever I say in the all of the words constantly filling their heads. Overthinking seems to be a family trait as much as teleporting and dark hair, sometimes."

He was looking at the floor, avoiding her eyes. He didn't have a ton of hope that he would win--that he really stood a chance against people who had probably already figured out his weaknesses and had stronger powers and everything--but he clung so desperately to the notion that he had to win. That he would not, could not die in the Struggle--for his family, for his friends (not that he had many), and for all of the East. He hadn't admitted his private fear to anyone until now and he felt horribly vulnerable. He didn't do vulnerable. He didn't do emotions, period, but apparently the pressure had gotten to him somehow. He just hoped that he had put his trust in the right person.

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Old 01-05-2019, 11:21 PM

Default Dierdre

“You’re not going to die Beck,” Dierdre said firmly. But she softened a moment later and gently rested her hand on his shoulder. “But if you die- and you won’t- I swear to you, I’ll get it through their thick skulls how much you care about them, even if I have to beat it into them.” She offered him a weak, joking smile. “Careful though- If you die, I’m going to kick your ass when I join you in the afterlife.”
Old 01-05-2019, 11:29 PM

Default Beck

Beck smiled wanly. "You definitely would," he replied, brightening just a little. "Sorry for being so...serious. My family just never seems to listen, and I think it's because they're as scared as I am that it won't work out." He began to fidget with his clothes (a nervous habit that he had) before looking Dierdre in the eyes and offering a slightly more genuine smile.

"Anyways, on a less serious note, did you see the Baronness of Aksor tonight? She should not be dressing like that when she is like a thousand years old!" He smirked. "Luckily she didn't see me or I'd have had to dance with her and she always tries to flirt with any boy unlucky enough to meet her gaze!" He chuckled slightly. Gossiping about random nobles helped him take his mind off of himself. Aksor was a town not too far from the capitol, so he saw the Baronness far more often than he would have liked.

Waving through a window
Old 01-05-2019, 11:38 PM

Default Dierdre

“You’ve got every right to be serious.” She said, then bit back a snort. “Now that’s the real danger. Forget the other champions, I bet if you danced with her, she’d fall over and die on you, crushing you beneath her wrinkly, disgusting body. Imagine the headlines Beck- Dashing, youthful prince crushed while dancing with bag of skin and prunes. Incredible. What a way to go.”
Old 01-05-2019, 11:47 PM

Default Beck

Beck snorted. "I imagine that you'd be too busy laughing at me to kick my ass for that one," he said with a smirk. "It's certainly a unique death. Or there's Lord Bruntley, who is prone to bore me to death with all of his stories about when he was my age. Or the Countess of Aftmire, who seems to think I have the hots for her, despite her having two left feet! Be glad that you're a girl--so many of the noblewomen are destroying what's left of my precious sanity." Technically, he'd never danced with Lord Bruntley, but the man loved to sit next to him at fancy dinners for some odd reason.

Waving through a window
Old 01-05-2019, 11:54 PM

Default Saelia

Saelia's ears perked up at the elegantly charming voice of a stranger nearby. His pristine, well-kept figure seemed too illustrious, even for this kingdom. Kinshirrin had places for men like this, and it was nowhere near the North. Saelia wished to express this, but it seemed the conversation--a waltz of words--had already begun.

"I suppose I am the Competitor of the North," she agreed, sauntering over to him. "Even though the Struggle is some months to come, I still have to do everything that a princess must do. Fancy balls, gowns and parties, oh my! The audacity Golgaroch possesses! My father must be in a hassle for her daughter to stop crooning and start fighting." Sarcasm oozed out of her voice like rich honey. Truly, the nerve of this kingdom to believe she could be prepared for the Struggle so quickly!
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Old 01-05-2019, 11:55 PM

Default Dierdre

Dierdre laughed. "Pah! Glad that I'm a girl? Oh please. I've got more wrinkly perverts chasing after me than you've got bones in your skinny little body! Honestly, if i weren't more restrained" she said, seemingly forgetting that 'restrained' wasn't exactly a good fit for her personality. "I'd have most certainly have been locked away for assaulting about fifty different noblemen." She sighed solemly, grinning at him from behind another bite of food. "Someday, when you're king, you may very well have to sign my execution orders- there's no way I'll last another decade without killing one of those jerks."
Old 01-06-2019, 12:06 AM

Default Beck

Beck shrugged. "Okay, fair enough," he replied with a snicker. "Personally, though, I wouldn't mind a few of those guys going missing. The only decent ones seemed to dwarf in comparison to the crazies and jerks." He took a big bite of food thoughtfully. "I think it's just because they're entitled, they think that they have a right to be perverts, or obnoxious, or rude. The stable hands are much better. They don't make comments about how I should act or stare at people like they're constantly sizing them up."

Recently he hadn't talked to his friends who weren't nobles as much, since he had the Struggle so frequently on his mind. But one could make more than friends in the stables with nothing more than horses and hay to keep them company.

Waving through a window
Old 01-06-2019, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten View Post
Beck shrugged. "Okay, fair enough," he replied with a snicker. "Personally, though, I wouldn't mind a few of those guys going missing. The only decent ones seemed to dwarf in comparison to the crazies and jerks." He took a big bite of food thoughtfully. "I think it's just because they're entitled, they think that they have a right to be perverts, or obnoxious, or rude. The stable hands are much better. They don't make comments about how I should act or stare at people like they're constantly sizing them up."

Recently he hadn't talked to his friends who weren't nobles as much, since he had the Struggle so frequently on his mind. But one could make more than friends in the stables with nothing more than horses and hay to keep them company.
(wow i love beck okay)
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Old 01-06-2019, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
(wow i love beck okay)
(yes me too and I'm lowkey rooting for him to win tbh even though i have my own champion haha)

Tags
beck can like get it, beck for the win, i love angst, lorelei more like lorebye, luna was here, saelia?? is??? pure????