Quantcast Oo look at that a Camp-Half-Blood NES - Page 5 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten View Post
cool cool! you guys put so much work into your character forms and I love all of your characters! I like all of the stuff on the reference-y thing that Ena made as well.

are we still having a food fight?
Yeah we totally should, that was a really fun scene
Old 06-20-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
Yeah we totally should, that was a really fun scene
sweet! that was definitely one of my favorite scenes to write from the old NES

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Old 06-20-2019, 03:55 PM

btw how many characters do y'all have? i just got an idea for another character but i feel like i have a lot, especially since only jake and owen really did much in the last NES (tho stella was in that one for a hot second). i'm thinking of just not using ami and then using my new character, but i don't wanna have like way more characters than everyone else.

Waving through a window
Old 06-21-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
btw how many characters do y'all have? i just got an idea for another character but i feel like i have a lot, especially since only jake and owen really did much in the last NES (tho stella was in that one for a hot second). i'm thinking of just not using ami and then using my new character, but i don't wanna have like way more characters than everyone else.
I have like 8 characters do whatever you want
Plus we were still in the beginning, Iíd only used like 4 of my characters, that doesnít mean other characters canít be more important later
Old 06-21-2019, 02:47 PM

okay cool

Name: Jesse Brooks (yes, he's Stella's cousin)

Sexuality: bi but leans toward guys (though he will flirt with everyone)

Appearance: His skin is a few shades darker than his cousin Stella's sun-kissed bronze, and has a similar build to her as well, as he is also tall and athletic. Jesse is 6' 3". He has the same sparkling green eyes as Stella, though his have flecks of brown in them. Unlike Stella, Jesse wears glasses and has terrible vision without them. Jesse's hair is very curly and floofy, and dyed caramel, but it's natural color (like Stella's) is dark brown. He has a few freckles on his cheeks and a perpetual smirk. He typically just wears jeans and t-shirts, but will sometimes wear sweatshirts or flannels. He hates dressing up and most of his clothes look rumpled since he got them off his floor, where they always lay in a heap. Honestly people are surprised his clothes haven't all been stolen yet (his father is the god of thieves, after all).

Personality: Jesse loves to tease people and flirt with them, which can be quite annoying sometimes but he likes to think of as charming. Jesse is fairly charismatic and can be charming when he wants to be (usually) though his joking and generally attitude of mischief can be considered abrasive by some. Jesse loves to pick at people, but would never try to hurt someone's feelings that he is actually fond of (and he would never admit this, but he generally doesn't try to hurt people's feelings at all). However, despite this, Jesse does manage to come off as an asshole sometimes. He hates crying in front of people, or generally showing any sign that he isn't always in a joking, light-hearted mood. He likes to play pranks on people (he and Jake will team up sometimes) and hates being ignored.

Weapon(s): A knife that he keeps on him at all times, but if all else fails, he's pretty good in hand-to-hand combat as well.

Greek/Roman: Greek

Godly parent: Hermes

Powers and Skills: Being a son of Hermes, Jesse doesn't have much in the way of powers. His agility or stealth could be considered powers, but really he isn't super-humanly stealthy or anything, just light on his feet. He is skilled in hand-to-hand combat.

Background (history): tbd

Other: idk

Waving through a window
Old 06-21-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
okay cool

Name: Jesse Brooks (yes, he's Stella's cousin)

Sexuality: bi but leans toward guys (though he will flirt with everyone)

Appearance: His skin is a few shades darker than his cousin Stella's sun-kissed bronze, and has a similar build to her as well, as he is also tall and athletic. Jesse is 6' 3". He has the same sparkling green eyes as Stella, though his have flecks of brown in them. Unlike Stella, Jesse wears glasses and has terrible vision without them. Jesse's hair is very curly and floofy, and dyed caramel, but it's natural color (like Stella's) is dark brown. He has a few freckles on his cheeks and a perpetual smirk. He typically just wears jeans and t-shirts, but will sometimes wear sweatshirts or flannels. He hates dressing up and most of his clothes look rumpled since he got them off his floor, where they always lay in a heap. Honestly people are surprised his clothes haven't all been stolen yet (his father is the god of thieves, after all).

Personality: Jesse loves to tease people and flirt with them, which can be quite annoying sometimes but he likes to think of as charming. Jesse is fairly charismatic and can be charming when he wants to be (usually) though his joking and generally attitude of mischief can be considered abrasive by some. Jesse loves to pick at people, but would never try to hurt someone's feelings that he is actually fond of (and he would never admit this, but he generally doesn't try to hurt people's feelings at all). However, despite this, Jesse does manage to come off as an asshole sometimes. He hates crying in front of people, or generally showing any sign that he isn't always in a joking, light-hearted mood. He likes to play pranks on people (he and Jake will team up sometimes) and hates being ignored.

Weapon(s): A knife that he keeps on him at all times, but if all else fails, he's pretty good in hand-to-hand combat as well.

Greek/Roman: Greek

Godly parent: Hermes

Powers and Skills: Being a son of Hermes, Jesse doesn't have much in the way of powers. His agility or stealth could be considered powers, but really he isn't super-humanly stealthy or anything, just light on his feet. He is skilled in hand-to-hand combat.

Background (history): tbd

Other: idk
Really digging his character!! I need to work on my characters and this is motivating me to do so yeet
Old 06-21-2019, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Really digging his character!! I need to work on my characters and this is motivating me to do so yeet
thanks my dude! :D

Waving through a window
Old 06-21-2019, 08:04 PM

Quote:
for reference, I'm bringing up old plans/ideas and like what things we might want to scrap or keep and we can open discussion about it while everyone works on characters n stuff

**UPDATING, WIP, POST WILL BE EDITED**
  • In the beginning people won't know about it, only the strange happenings that are occurring. We're going to send them on minor quests that happen to be connected all to Tartarus, and the final one will be the main quest to stop Tartarus. This was the original plan and I think it's still a good idea for the main villain/stakes
  • I've always sort of just had this headcanon in my mind that because fate has in store the rising of Tartarus, fate has also decreed (to the gods' knowledge or not) that there will be more powerful children of even more minor gods, in preparation for future threat.
  • In order to make sure the Romans join the Greeks in the quests,the plan was for Rachel (the Oracle) to give some sort of vague prophecy to ensure that the Romans and Greeks stick together. I'm sure there are other ways to make them stay but I think this is the strongest reason.
  • In the old NES, the reason a delegation of Romans is even around the Greeks in the first place is because of Eloise (Sravani's character). We could change the reasoning for the initial encounter between Greeks and Romans if we wished, and Eloise's plotline is Sravani's decision.
  • I have like a whole 3000 words of Zeke's perilous journey to camp, which I think is almost like a catalyst. Not to say that Zeke is more important than others, but perhaps that Zeke is specifically involved in some destiny or prophecy, which is fun because he would absolutely love not to be. He's a son of the titan Astraeus and on his journey to camp he is specifically and personally targeted so I'm thinking he must be important to some prophecy. I'd like to keep his plotline of coming to camp, it can be spliced into the story wherever it fits.
  • The battle with the nymphs was a big thing going on in the old one, which I think we should tone down but could still be incorporated if we like or even trashed if we don't.
  • Oh I'd like to keep the part where Zeke arrives at camp on his birthday, April 1, so we can structure the timeline around that
  • Some weird stuff will happen when Lucca gets claimed b/c his mother is Minerva and she's not supposed to have kids; this is going to be some plot-related mess. Emmerich will be protective over Lucca, standing up for him against Jupiter and his own father, BELIEVE IT. I'd definitely like this incorporated.
  • The general timeline of this within the Riordanverse has always been that Percy and all the other peeps are old enough to have gone to college and stuff, so they might visit sometime but probably aren't around much. Some nebulous future past the end of HoO.
  • Besides Tartarus, parent-child conflict! Cuz like the Olympians really like ignoring all their kids until they need them and expect a bunch of teenagers to always save the world and all that. Plus, tragic backstories, general parental issues and resentment.
  • One of the planned side quests / plot points is the gods having major disagreements a la The Lightning Thief because The Gods Always Do That and like could we focus on the real problem guys (BUT the gods don't know at all about the impending threat either so), this is also when it's planned for Lucca being a son of Minerva to be revealed
  • Me and Sravani are probably going to be wanting to bring back Athena's character Sierra, who could maybe be like a group character. She's important to some of our character's arcs and stuff and she was pretty central in the old nes. Sigh I also miss Athena rip.
  • How long is it going to take to defeat Tartarus overall? a year or two? i mean, we're going to have multiple quests leading up to the "boss battle" and all, and it will be awhile before the characters even figure out that Tartarus is the mastermind behind all of the stuff that's been happening. in the original percy jackson and the olympians series, it takes several years and several novels to defeat kronos, and similarly takes five books to defeat gaea (and the giants). it's not a particularly rushed or urgent matter, but it requires discussion at one point or another.

Sorry for going overboard!! We've just been really excited about this for a really long time and we're really dedicated to the concept we've built, but of course new ideas and suggestions for characters, plotlines, tweaks, and everything are welcome! We'll find a balance that works for everybody.
ding ding ding

in the selected parts is where everyone's favorite 12-year camp member Pastel Easter comes along

she's got her own prophecy thing going on we can probably somehow fit in with the plot

by the way my child has died and come back to life but that's irrelevant

Quote:
Jupiter: you shouldn't exist
Lucca: ♫♫ how bout i do anyway ♫♫
*forcefully exhales bill wurtz*
Old 06-24-2019, 06:42 AM

I really wish I could post the story abt Pastel and her friends that I wrote with my friends but not all the fonts would load in, I just know it.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werty View Post
I really wish I could post the story abt Pastel and her friends that I wrote with my friends but not all the fonts would load in, I just know it.
Still, you should post it on the main site!

Tags
hoo, i am stupid, kayla was here, pjo