Quantcast The Trials - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 07-08-2019, 11:44 AM

Default The Trials

Every year, on the first day of January, every eighteen-year-old in Ember has to undergo a series of tests known as The Trials to see whether they will be allowed into society. The twist? Before being released to The Trials, your memory is taken. You are pitted against every other eighteen-year-old, whether they turned eighteen yesterday or have been eighteen since January 2nd the previous year. You could be going up against your best friend, your lover, or even your sibling and have no way of knowing. Will you ever get your memory back, or will you die trying? And once you reach the end, will your memory even be restored at all, or is everything you’ve ever known a lie?

After much devastation and war, the leaders of Ember decided to rename their broken city and build it back up to be stronger than ever before. They came up with a new motto—“only the strongest survive”—in order to begin a new era of prosperity and victory. The best way to do this, they decided, was The Trials. Many have trained their entire life for them, since the only things they can rely on are physical strength and muscle memory, since all of their normal memories are wiped clean, at least for the duration of The Trials. It was easier that way, the leaders decided. Otherwise people could be so soft. But if you don’t know who you’re up against, you’re willing to be more ruthless. After all, what good is a soft city?

~~~

Alright, Luna here with yet another NES! This time, dystopian themed! So a rules first before I put up the character forms!

1. No more than two characters, unless we have a lack of people joining, then I will allow for more if desired.

2. No killing other people’s characters without their permission.

3. You can have your character have relations to another person’s (i.e. siblings, friends, etc.) as long as they agree to it. But remember, they don’t know they’re siblings or whatever.

~~~

Name (the only thing your character will remember):

Sexuality:

Appearance:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

And that’s all! :)

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window

Last edited by FrostBittenKitten; 07-08-2019 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-08-2019, 04:42 PM

Name (the only thing your character will remember): August Fields

Sexuality: gay

Appearance: Short, curly dark brown hair that has a few natural highlights. August is fairly tall, standing at 6' 1", and has an athletic build. Despite this, people sometimes think he is younger than he actually is, because he has a bit of a baby face. August has warm brown skin and big, doe eyes that look like liquid chocolate. He has long lashes and a perpetual smile with dimples.

Strengths: Making friends/getting people to trust him, he is intelligent, and in shape. He can run quite fast.

Weaknesses: He cares deeply about others, and hates hurting anyone. He is also terrible at hand-to-hand combat, despite being physically fit.

Waving through a window

Last edited by FrostBittenKitten; 07-08-2019 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:05 PM

Name (the only thing your character will remember): Ariana Fields (she’s August’s twin, yes that’s cliche but this whole NES is slightly cliche so why not)

Sexuality: pan

Appearance: Shoulder length curly dark brown hair. She’s a few inches taller than average, at 5’ 7” with a slender (and slightly athletic) build. Ariana has small hands but is very dexterous. Her eyes are hazel and she has long lashes like her brother. She has a small mole on her upper left cheek and full lips.

Strengths: She is a good actress and is good at manipulating people. She is clever and can think outside of the box. She is much better at fighting and hand-to-hand than her brother but isn’t as fast or agile.

Weaknesses: She is insecure, despite acting confident, and much more volatile and fiery tempered than August. She makes decisions on the fly, without much thought sometimes, and acts like she is always right. She doesn’t take criticism well and it is hard for her to warm up to people, but once she does she is fiercely loyal (not all of that was actually even a weakness lol). She is quick to disagree with others for no reason other than to pick a fight.

Waving through a window
Old 07-20-2019, 12:28 PM

Name (the only thing your character will remember): Illyse Freed

Sexuality: Biromantic demisexual

Appearance: shoulder length, straight hair tat she usually wears in a ponytail, because thankfully she has about ten elastics on her wrist at all times. She's got solid, fair skin that is ever so slightly naturally tanned. She looks like a somewhere between a chinese-american and a latin-american. She wears black leggings and sweatshirts and usually has a big smile. She'd had braces for the past three years and had just got them off.
(tell me when this takes place, i can make her less modern if you'd like)

Strengths: she's friendly and keen to get along with people, she's a good laugh and is good at playing a sidekick, so people don't naturally pin her as the enemy. She's observant and can figure people out pretty quick. She's also light and can get around without anybody noticing her.

Weaknesses: She's awkward and isn't used to close friendships with anybody and can push people away if they get too close to her. She's also clumsy around people she has a crush on. She's the kinda person who can't keep a date for long and fully believes herself to be single entering The Trials, just from what she's observed from her personality.
Old 07-21-2019, 06:29 PM

itís supposed to be a lil bit futuristic so modern stuff is fine

Waving through a window
Old 09-20-2019, 05:31 AM

Location: Somewhere in Hogwarts Castle, brewing Polyjuice Potion in my Slytherin robes

Name (the only thing your character will remember): Arina Tyrek

Sexuality: Bisexual

Appearance: Light brown hair, large periwinkle eyes, slim and petite frame. She's one of those people who, no matter how much they eat always manage to stay thin as a pin. She's quite attractive.

Strengths: Although small and unthreatening at first sight, she's athletic and instinctively hits where her opponent is weak. She knows how to get what she wants (SLYTHERIN).

Weaknesses: She is small, as mentioned before, and not very strong. She's a little arrogant as well.

~Lady Lesso, The School for Good and Evil

Last edited by katchyboo; 09-20-2019 at 05:33 AM.
Old 09-23-2019, 03:07 PM

yes! we need more posts on this thread!
luna, come backkkk~
Old 10-10-2019, 05:44 PM

hey guys i'm alive

are you both still interested in this?

Waving through a window
Old 10-10-2019, 07:39 PM

I know I am! recently i've fallen in love with dystopian sci-fi so i'm all the way
Old 10-11-2019, 07:44 AM

Location: Somewhere in Hogwarts Castle, brewing Polyjuice Potion in my Slytherin robes

Yussss I am still interested

~Lady Lesso, The School for Good and Evil

Tags
dystopia, kayla was here, luna was here, nes, oh no kayla