Quantcast Ah.. Some help needed here...About, well, Religion - Page 10 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2012, 01:04 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to chelseki3

Well, religon is something to hold on to in your life. It's something to focus on. ^>^
Old 06-02-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evyn View Post
God does have anger. However, it's not a sinful anger. It's impossible to explain, or even comprehend, but it's so much different than your brother's anger. He'd be angry because, I don't know, say, Person A. took something that was his. He'd get angry because Person A. wronged him, and then he'd go show him that by pitching a fit or whatever. He'd be angry in an attempt to make things fair or deal out judgement. After all, an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, right?
I guess this is one of the differences between our anger and God's. Your brother doesn't have the right to try and make things even. What Person A. did was wrong, but God will hold him accountable for that later. Your brother doesn't need to deal out judgement, because he will also be judged. God, who is perfect and can't be judged by anyone, is the only one with the right to handle stuff like that.

Yeah, I'd rather not get into ANOTHER debate right now. But, once again, I just HAD to say something. *hides in the corner of shame* :P

But it's not fair. In the temple, where they were using it as a marketplace, his anger was justified. It was focusesd. He punished who? The guilty party. It's not that we didn't deserve to die, and it wasn't that God wasn't angry at us. But why should he need to "take out his anger"? There's no problem with God's anger. It's just that it sounds too much like the scenario where there's a little boy who is mad at his mom and whacks his sister instead just because he's angry. Don't say that God is above such laws. He created them. I don't know your God. But my God isn't one that gets angry on us, and then punishes his son instead just because he's angry and needs to punish someone. His son was sent to show us the way to live, and to trample down death by death. God would not punish someone innocent just because he was angry and needed to take it out on something.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run

Last edited by AlgebraAddict; 06-02-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean View Post
God gives us a choice, and in theory, if that 13 year old boy chose not to believe in God, and then died in an accident, then yes he's going to hell. It can seem cruel, but in the end, it's not God's fault, it's ours, for making the wrong choice.
I know this is way back in the thread, but here is my opinon on this. Just because it makes me so mad that you would even say he was going to hell.

One, we don't know if he is going to heaven or hell only God knows. We don't have the right to judge if he is going to hell. And two I don't believe he would go to hell, I think when your young you can't be sure about your decision so I don't think he would go to hell. When your young sometimes you don't even think about religion or God yet, sometimes we are just to young to even know or care about it. So I don't think God would be that cruel as to say he would go to hell just because he didn't think about it yet.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:25 PM

Location: Tulsa with the gang, hanging out at the Admiral and rumbling with the south side socs.

Thats what some people say baptism is for, insurance that children who don't understand religion, will still go to heaven. Also, I wrote that a long time ago, so I'm not completely sure I knew what I was talking about. It was in theory too, so I wasn't really judging if he'd go to hell or not.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
But it's not fair. In the temple, where they were using it as a marketplace, his anger was justified. It was focusesd. He punished who? The guilty party. It's not that we didn't deserve to die, and it wasn't that God wasn't angry at us. But why should he need to "take out his anger"? There's no problem with God's anger. It's just that it sounds too much like the scenario where there's a little boy who is mad at his mom and whacks his sister instead just because he's angry. Don't say that God is above such laws. He created them. I don't know your God. But my God isn't one that gets angry on us, and then punishes his son instead just because he's angry and needs to punish someone. His son was sent to show us the way to live, and to trample down death by death. God would not punish someone innocent just because he was angry and needed to take it out on something.
He didn't "punch his son just to take his anger out on someone." Any sin requires atonement. That's why everyone was sacrificing animals. God was never taking his anger out on the animals, it was just something that had to be done.
So, I guess you could say that Jesus became the sacrifice. He was so perfect, so unblemished, that he atoned for all of our sins.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:25 AM

Life isn't fair. But after death is.

That's what I believe.
will keep on fighting till the end
i
can walk on water
i
can fly
i
will keep on fighting till
i
die
Old 06-04-2012, 02:09 PM

We do not have the authority to tell whoever started this thread how to live her life regarding spirituality.
That's what I believe.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:55 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to chelseki3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaR View Post
We do not have the authority to tell whoever started this thread how to live her life regarding spirituality.
That's what I believe.
We're not telling her how to live her life--we're just giving her options about religions and just giving out advice. :^J
Old 06-04-2012, 03:51 PM

Guys, she's not even here anymore. -__-

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 06-04-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evyn View Post
He didn't "punch his son just to take his anger out on someone." Any sin requires atonement. That's why everyone was sacrificing animals. God was never taking his anger out on the animals, it was just something that had to be done.
So, I guess you could say that Jesus became the sacrifice. He was so perfect, so unblemished, that he atoned for all of our sins.

Sacrificing animals was done as a ritual, giving God the best they had. Jesus came to earth to show us the way to live, and to destroy death forever by his willing death.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run

Tags
i beg to differ, those schillings are mine