Quantcast This Kind (A really complicated and hopefully fun NES) - Page 2 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2015, 06:49 PM

Default this is a placeholder

(sorry about the caps, i'm very exhausted now)

Race: Enhanced

Name: Alannis

Appearance: tall and lanky build, with light brown hair and blueish eyes. her skin is pale enough for freckles to show through (she has quite a few on her face).

(For Enhanced) What robotic features do they have?: entire left leg

Weapons:

Personality(Your character's personality traits may depend on their race)

Sexuality (I'll allow any):

Background:

Were they raised in an interracial town/ city/ colony?:

Who's side are they on?

What's their roll in the war?:
Old 06-20-2015, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca View Post
I do want to do this, I'm down for it when we're ready.
Like I am with most NESes when PEOPLE WANT TO GET STARTED
lol I'm sorry about the SONP NES someone else can start if they want but I'll get around to posting... eventually
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 06-21-2015, 04:17 AM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
lol I'm sorry about the SONP NES someone else can start if they want but I'll get around to posting... eventually
(I don't want to start because I'm not one of the original people there and idk. This one, I think it should be the person who created it tbh)
Old 06-22-2015, 06:55 PM

Wow I didn't think there was actually interest in this thread. I'd be more than happy to write here and start it off, especially since I really don't have much to do. I'll throw together a couple of character forms right now and post 'em.
Me
~I See Fire-Ed Sheeran~

DFTBA
Old 06-23-2015, 05:33 PM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toriluv91750 View Post
Wow I didn't think there was actually interest in this thread. I'd be more than happy to write here and start it off, especially since I really don't have much to do. I'll throw together a couple of character forms right now and post 'em.
(Yeah, everyone's got time now so we'd be able to start anytime soon)
Old 07-25-2015, 02:00 AM

Does anybody mind if I join? Since I see we haven't started quite yet. And I don't know if there's a character limit, but I have three humans if nobody minds.

Also I wrote in my background that the war started like 27 years ago? Tell me if that's too long or short or if I shouldn't be taking control of the NES like that. So feel free to correct me or tell me to calm my lil self down or anything like that.

Race: Human

Name: Jemia Lai

Appearance: short, somewhat curly very dark brown hair, raggedly cut with a knife, darker skin (mixed middle eastern and white), dark brown eyes, rough and dry hands from years of outdoor work, muscular, wears very practical clothing, but nothing like armor

Weapons: a hatchet & a small hunting knife

Personality(Your character's personality traits may depend on their race): protective of her family and close friends, distrusting, wary, quick to anger

Sexuality (I'll allow any): straight as an arrow

Background: Read below.

Were they raised in an interracial town/ city/ colony?: She and her younger step-sister were raised in a large, fairly diverse city, until her mother and step-father died in a tragic fire. Her sister Leya was only two at the time, and Jemia was around ten, so providing for her wasn't an option. She was lucky to get an opportunity to work with a farming family outside the city. They adopted the girls temporarily, but seven years later the war reached too close to their doorstep and Jem decided it was in her best interest to move on. After traveling south for some time, they reached a small town of Magi, where Jem worked odd jobs, trying to earn enough to feed her and her sister.Jem had already developed her harsh and rebellious attitude, and was given little sympathy from the local townspeople, but eleven year old Leya won the heart of the woman running the boarding house, so they were given a cheap place to live, where Leya worked as a part-time cleaning maid and was taught to read with the woman's children. After a fling with a human traveler, Jemia had her son, Mathieu, at age 23. Leya was taught basic medical practices by the Magi, and when a human army came through their village looking for healer, she accepted the position. Jemia began to loosen up around the Magi, and raised her son among them until a vicious mob of Crast from a neighboring town came, looking for humans to blame for the war. Jemia and Mathieu were forced to flee from the village and were separated in the process, which leads us to the current moment.

Who's side are they on?: While she feels like she has to support Leya's effort in the military, Jemia is also terrified of the savagery that war continues to bring.

What's their role in the war?: None yet.

Name: Mathieu Lai

Appearance: curly black hair, lighter skin than his mother (mixed middle eastern, white, & asian), brown eyes, fairly strong for his age

Weapons: a hunting knife similar to his mother's, but she doesn't allow him around guns or anything else yet because they haven't needed them

Personality(Your character's personality traits may depend on their race):

Sexuality (I'll allow any): bisexual

Background: read Jemia's one

Were they raised in an interracial town/ city/ colony?: read Jemia's one

Who's side are they on?: He doesn't know who in this conflict is justified and if he wants to take the risk of taking a side, even though he is angry that they were just kicked out of their home by Crast.

What's their role in the war?: None yet.

Name: Leya Lai

Appearance: white, hazel eyes, brown hair, skinny from long months with little food, yet still fit enough to continue her work

Weapons: army issued pistol and medical knife

Personality: compassionate, gentle, caring, patient, charismatic

Sexuality (I'll allow any): pansexual

Background: See Jemia's one. Leya continues to work in the army as a medic, but times have gotten harder and they are running out of supplies. Moral is lowering and Leya's rations have been cut, since her physical strength is not considered as important as that of the soldier. Disease is rampant and widespread.

Were they raised in an interracial town/ city/ colony?: See Jemia's one

Who's side are they on?: Human, but she is not hugely supportive, and is only working for the army in order to heal the wounded.

What's their role in the war?: medic in a faction of the human army

queer power, queer pride.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:06 AM

Hi, can I join too? I know it might be a bit late but nobody's posting yet so.....

Race: magi
Name: Ezekiel/zeke
Age: idk yet I'll probably just decide on whichever age is most common among my fellow writers
Appearance: black hair and (strangely but I'm hoping that maybe since he's kinda an alien/magi then this might be ok)silver eyes. Kind of tall but not by much. His stone is usually kind of obsidian/onyx but occasionally shows a faint splash of color in the middle to show how he feels because he sucks at doing that himself.
It's located on his collarbone like kinda in the little indentation in the middle
Weapons: his magic (of course), knives, a sword or occasionally a bow.
Personality: kind of cold and detached at first but once you get to know him he starts to show some emotion. Always seems kind of angry at himself and sometimes he talks to himself.
Background: mother died when he was young (once we get further in you will find out why and then realize part of the reason of why he's always so angry at himself) and so he has very few memories of her. After his mother died and all the other magi figured out what happened and how he was basically shunned except for in his family but that was no improvement. They abused him and taunted him and pretty much hated his guts. They only people he was ever able to get attached to were his little cousin and best friend but during a raid on his town during the war his cousin was kidnapped and he's not sure what happened to Jay.
Started out in a city but they moved to a slightly smaller town after his mother died
Side: none. Hates everything about the war and just wishes it was over.
Role: no significant role but several people on different sides of the war want because oh his "unique" powers.

Race: human (with faint traces of something else)
Name: Gale
Appearance: dirty blond hair with emerald eyes. Average height and is always wearing black wrist length fingerless gloves
Weapons: sword and shurikens
Background: ok mom I'll get back to this tomorrow, right now I have to eat dinner, watch a movie and then sleep
Old 11-16-2015, 07:34 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to BookKitty

~is this still going on....eh im just going to make a character anyway

Race: magi

Name: Florence

Appearance: choppy blue pixie cut, gray-blue eyes, short, golden skin

(For Magi) What's their stone and where is it on their body? stone looks like jade but more shiny. the stone is located on the top of her back. kind of like this (sorry im su trash)

(For Magi) What color is their magic?: iridescent/pearly

Weapons:
(besides magic) longbow
Personality(Your character's personality traits may depend on their race) overly enthuastic, oblivious, super intelligent but a lot of people don't know that about her

Sexuality (I'll allow any): queer/bi

Background: grew up in a fairly traditional family, two sisters not including her, mother, father. she's the youngest in her family, but everyone always expected a lot of her since her two older sisters (Twins) were invalids and couldn't help out much. she was known for always staying positive, and the only person who knew how much stress she was feeling was her best friend Tam. he is her next door neighbor(and human) and she grew up with him.

Were they raised in an interracial town/ city/ colony?: interracial town

Who's side are they on? don't know yet

What's their roll in the war?: none yet
Old 12-06-2015, 08:29 PM

Hi everyone! This NES sounds fun, so I think I'll join since I haven't been on KP in a little while!

Race: Maji
Name: Bloom
Appearance: Wide crystal blue eyes with long lashes, full pouty pink lips, medium upturned nose, high cheekbones, and a wide forehead. Mid-back length rose pink colored hair that's yellow-gold at the ends. Smaller figured, which is part of why she looks so young. Slender, and athletic build. Fair, healthy skin.
What's their stone and where is it on their body?: A topaz. It is on the inside of her wrist. She usually tries to hide it with long sleeves or gloves because she tries to pass off as being human.
What color is their magic?: Golden-yellow.
Weapons: Her magic (obviously) and a dagger
Personality: Before you get to know her, she is quiet and shy. That is because she is trying to blend in. She doesn't want people to know she is a magi because she is nervous about what they will do since she is one of the few in her village. After you know her she is loud and blurts out what's on her mind, but is paradoxically good at hiding her feelings even so. She wishes she could tell people how she felt, but she is bad at it. She isn't quick to trust people but will if they prove they are magi. She is brave because she does things she is afraid of. Bloom is witty and makes a lot of smart alec remarks as well.
Sexuality: Straight
Background: Her parents were killed by the Crast when she was an infant and hid her from them. She was adopted by a human couple who had always wanted a child and they brought her to a human village controlled by the Crast, so she does everything she can to blend in and avoid being noticed by the Crast, since they killed her parents.
Were they raised in an interracial town/ city/ colony?: A town called Knool inside of a Crast/Human colony.
Who's side are they on?: Not on any particular side except her adopted parents', although she doesn't support the humans. If she met a magi, she would be quick to join their side.
What's their roll in the war?: She is trying to make peace between the races (at first anyway).

Her parents
Names: Lainee and Roger Stokes
Ages: 40 and 43
Appearance: Lainee has mid-back brown hair that is just beginning to gray and shining brown eyes with tan skin. Roger has dark brown hair with a little gray and blue eyes with tan skin.
Weapons: None
Personality: Loving and kind parents of Bloom. They are very worryful and nervous but also friendly and passionate. They are smart and thoughtful as well. (Sorry this is lame.)
Sexuality: Obviously straight since they're married xD
Background: (Look at Bloom's)
For the last 3 questions look at Bloom's.

And last...
Race: Crast
Name: Lupin Gray
Appearance: Tousled black hair that always looks slightly shaggy and windswept, gray eyes with flecks of black, sharp wolf-like nose, thin lips and a sharp smile. Fierce features. Tall, muscular build and instead of normal ears like a human's he has furry gray wolf ears. To match his ears he also has a matching tail. He is tan.
Animal features: Look at appearance.
Weapons: Dual swords
Personality: Fierce, loyal, and smart. That's about it, or least all he can show.
Sexuality: Straight
Background: Soldier for the Crast.
Were they raised in an interracial town/ city/ colony?: Yes a town
Who's side are they on?: Crast
What's their roll in the war?: Just a soldier

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Old 12-10-2015, 02:30 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to TheMoonWakedWolf

i don't care if this is dead i m JOINING

Race: Created

Name: Farah Lee

Appearance: Dark skin w/ even darker freckles, black irises, 5'6", fat, long bleached kinky/curly hair usually in a bun

What power do they have?: Materialization/minor manipulation of cells. Can either create or destroy, only manipulate in specific situations. Usually does this to heal people by replacing or recreating cells for their body. Could even create an entire body with enough energy, but it would just be a carcass, since it wouldn't have sentience. The only living thing she can create is flora.

Weapons: She just uses their power to defend herself (i.e., deteriorate the cells of her attacker's body to incapacitate them, eliminate cells of a large tree to fall upon a group of attackers or something)

Personality: timid, independent, intelligent. Is very quick to anger and has quite the temper when set off, but rarely outwardly aggressive. She's able to calm herself down just as quickly as she angers and is always very articulate going about things that annoy her.

Sexuality: straight (asexual)

Background: Do the Created have biological parents? Or are they just that: created? If they do, she does. She grew up in average home with a pretty boring mother and father. She loves them, but she had to get away from their lifestyle. It wasn't stimulating enough. Through her talents, she was able to enroll with a neutral medical program comprised of people who just want to help others, no matter their affiliation. She now goes from town to town with this group (it's guarded, of course--her parents wouldn't let her go if it weren't safe), helping whoever needs her.

Were they raised in an interracial town/city/colony?: Interracial colony

Who's side are they on?: Not really on any one groups' side. She wants to survive and still remain mostly loyal to her ethics.

What's their role in the war?: Healer for any wounded warrior/civilian

Last edited by TheMoonWakedWolf; 12-10-2015 at 05:48 PM.