Quantcast KidPub Renaissance Project - Page 6 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > KidPub Stuff > Questions, Answers, Suggestions
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2018, 02:50 PM

Awesome! I'll figure out a posting schedule as soon as the first issue is out. And if not weekly, then every other week for sure
Old 03-01-2018, 04:23 PM

I donít know if you guys remember but I tried doing a writing contest but it went a disaster even though the entries were good? Well yeah...

I would be interested in starting them again. But, listen to this: contests mean winner, winners mean judges, judges mean judging, judging means opinions, which is PLURAL. If I decide to do this, I really need some dedicated judges that wonít suddenly leave me hanging. Just so you know judging doesnít take much time OR effort if thatís what your worried about.

So yeah. Would anyone be interested in them? If you are would you be interested in entering? If not entering, maybe judging?

I also realized that judges canít exactly enter, and Iím looking for at least three including myself so yeah. If you guys think itís a good idea, Iím going to dig up the thread ASAP!
Old 03-01-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeuhane View Post
Awesome! I'll figure out a posting schedule as soon as the first issue is out. And if not weekly, then every other week for sure
GREAT! I'll be keeping an eye out!

-i found, amber run
Old 03-01-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alemye10 View Post
I donít know if you guys remember but I tried doing a writing contest but it went a disaster even though the entries were good? Well yeah...

I would be interested in starting them again. But, listen to this: contests mean winner, winners mean judges, judges mean judging, judging means opinions, which is PLURAL. If I decide to do this, I really need some dedicated judges that wonít suddenly leave me hanging. Just so you know judging doesnít take much time OR effort if thatís what your worried about.

So yeah. Would anyone be interested in them? If you are would you be interested in entering? If not entering, maybe judging?

I also realized that judges canít exactly enter, and Iím looking for at least three including myself so yeah. If you guys think itís a good idea, Iím going to dig up the thread ASAP!
I think it's a great idea to have a contest!! That being said, I don't think a whole lot of people are actually on here in a given time, so you're gonna have to take that into account. Like, if you have four judges, are enough people going to enter so that all four are needed? I'd advise simplifying.

But if you want this critiquing, nitpicky teen to be a Judge, I'm up for it. I won't leave you hanging, but there might be uncomfortable gaps between my answers because keeping up with KP has been harder lately due to my own schedule.

-i found, amber run
Old 03-01-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly View Post
I think it's a great idea to have a contest!! That being said, I don't think a whole lot of people are actually on here in a given time, so you're gonna have to take that into account. Like, if you have four judges, are enough people going to enter so that all four are needed? I'd advise simplifying.

But if you want this critiquing, nitpicky teen to be a Judge, I'm up for it. I won't leave you hanging, but there might be uncomfortable gaps between my answers because keeping up with KP has been harder lately due to my own schedule.
Thank you and of course! I can imagine you as a great judge from what Iíve seen from you around KP.

Yes, I donít think I will have four judges. I meant three, so like two and myself. That mightíve been a little confusing, I should probably change my wording. Only because one person is unfair, two people isnít always great because itís even and four or five is a bit much. So I thought that three was a happy medium.

Thanks! Iíll try to find the thread tomorrow and hopefully we can get one other person... but for now Iím just glad someone thought it was an okay idea.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alemye10 View Post
Thank you and of course! I can imagine you as a great judge from what Iíve seen from you around KP.

Yes, I donít think I will have four judges. I meant three, so like two and myself. That mightíve been a little confusing, I should probably change my wording. Only because one person is unfair, two people isnít always great because itís even and four or five is a bit much. So I thought that three was a happy medium.

Thanks! Iíll try to find the thread tomorrow and hopefully we can get one other person... but for now Iím just glad someone thought it was an okay idea.
Also, maybe you could rotate judges? So that some weeks one can enter and some weeks one can judge
Old 03-01-2018, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
Also, maybe you could rotate judges? So that some weeks one can enter and some weeks one can judge
Thatís a great idea because I actually felt bad that me and the others who were judging wouldnít get to participate but thx for bringing that up.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:05 AM

I'd be up for a contest! I probably won't have much time soon because my country's equivalent of the SATs are coming up in like 300 days so I need to start studying soon.
However, I can take advantage of what time I have left sulking around this site to actually participate in some stuff before I disappear for about a year or so, so yeah! Hit me up whenever!
Old 03-02-2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahChen2009 View Post
I'd be up for a contest! I probably won't have much time soon because my country's equivalent of the SATs are coming up in like 300 days so I need to start studying soon.
However, I can take advantage of what time I have left sulking around this site to actually participate in some stuff before I disappear for about a year or so, so yeah! Hit me up whenever!
Great! Thanks!
Old 03-09-2018, 04:14 PM

Intro page for Javahouse: A KP Newsletter is up on the Nsp
Show some love <3

Tags
ena was here, rproject