Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > School
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
how to pass test u are probably going to fail

how to stop stressing for a test thats three days away so u can go to bed
*rubs hands together* here's where I can help

get a distraction. your lucky you don't have parents like mine, who actually control my time on the computer.

also, when you do get back to studying, try a different, easier approach. don't know what you're studying for but taking an easier route at first makes the hard part seem better. i should know, my geography teacher gives us an online study guide and breaks it up into little parts to make memorizing different continents easier for us.

Don't know what you're studying for, but if it's a math thing, then maybe try to point out the certain problem types and how to solve them, making a digital or handwritten list. don't try to solve them for now. just write out exactly how to do it.

If it's one of those "read a long book for english class and be expected to know every little thing and also no it's not a writing thing it's a stupid close ended question test" ordeal, then take the time to list out the major characters/plot points and what kind of happens + major themes or whatever. I'm not going to go into too much detail on reading bc you guys are advanced as hell to be on kidpub

If it's science, then just list and describe the important stuff. Same goes for literally anything else, unless that's not possible. Just try to take things in smaller chunks.

Take breaks. Eat comfort food often, but also eat healthy stuff (it'll make you feel productive). Get exercise. Go to sleep earlier. Read at least a half hour before bed. You can write instead, but be warned that it might make you want to keep writing all night long, and also screens before you fall asleep is going to keep you awake. So is sugar. I recommend keeping a glass of water near your bed.

Good luck on your test. I know that wasn't really something you were actually asking for help for but haha, too late, now you must obey me.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:34 PM

ok so I have a question for yall who’ve already taken algebra 2

so basically, I’m going into eighth grade next year but I’m starting algebra 2 and I’m doing it during the 2nd semester (sadly I couldn’t do it during the 1st cuz of schedule problemos)

but let me get to the question. is algebra 2 hard? I’m taking an honors course and doing it twoish threeish years early. for algebra 1 and geometry, it’ll show up I took them in 7th grade but my grade won’t be calculated in my high school gpa. however it will starting next year. good grades are really important to me and the idea of something actually being in my high school gpa is kind of scary. So if any of you guys have taken algebra 2 can u let me know if it’s hard or your experience with it and yeah sorry for rambling thankssssss

Sometimes you need to stop flapping your wings and soar

Last edited by alemye10; 05-13-2019 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:35 PM

Sorry the font on my post above is small??

Old 05-13-2019, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alemye10 View Post
ok so I have a question for yall whove already taken algebra 2

so basically, Im going into eighth grade next year but Im starting algebra 2 and Im doing it during the 2nd semester (sadly I couldnt do it during the 1st cuz of schedule problemos)

but let me get to the question. is algebra 2 hard? Im taking an honors course and doing it twoish threeish years early. for algebra 1 and geometry, itll show up I took them in 7th grade but my grade wont be calculated in my high school gpa. however it will starting next year. good grades are really important to me and the idea of something actually being in my high school gpa is kind of scary. So if any of you guys have taken algebra 2 can u let me know if its hard or your experience with it and yeah sorry for rambling thankssssss
My experience with Algebra 2 was really good. I have a decent head for numbers and it was fairly easy for me after having a good grounding in algebra 1 and geometry. My mom also took algebra two, and she is not (no offense) a natural mathematician. She's told me it was the only time she got a 100 in a math class.

A lot'll depend on your teacher-I had a very nice, patient teacher then, the same lady I do now, actually. But if you've already gotten through algebra 1 and geometry, ostensibly with good grades, you'll probably do just fine in algebra 2.

-i found, amber run
Old 05-14-2019, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly View Post
My experience with Algebra 2 was really good. I have a decent head for numbers and it was fairly easy for me after having a good grounding in algebra 1 and geometry. My mom also took algebra two, and she is not (no offense) a natural mathematician. She's told me it was the only time she got a 100 in a math class.

A lot'll depend on your teacher-I had a very nice, patient teacher then, the same lady I do now, actually. But if you've already gotten through algebra 1 and geometry, ostensibly with good grades, you'll probably do just fine in algebra 2.
Okay, that makes me feel a lot better. Thanks!

Tags
flaming mangoes, halp!, help me please!, holyfrackinabotttle, homework, i touch pandas, lyall_areyel_was_here, nom nom *pocky*, who like the mango?