Quantcast Water Crisis - Page 3 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 06-27-2011, 10:48 AM

Location: In my own little world, but that's okay, they know me there

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaR View Post
GOD PEOPLE! WHY MUST EVERYTHING BE ABOUT POLITICS NOW?!
Sorry. Outburst of stuff.
We, even in KP, are becoming divided. We're practically just repeating what our parents say. Leia, you (for example) would have different views of politics if you grew up with my parents. I would have different views if I grew up with yours. Let's face it, we believe everything our parents believe (well, mostly. To some extent)!
So let's get back to water.
America doesn't necessarily waste water, it just takes it for granted. Sagar's right, it is just recycled. But we really need to APPRECIATE our water.
I do not repeat what my parents say (mostly because it's nonsense).
But I agree that some kids are copying their parents' views, and following it blindly. If children were raised to not believe in anything, to not have biased views on race, religion, or politics, they would become unique, and what they want to be.
And miles to go before I sleep.

~Robert Frost
"Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening"
Old 06-27-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwolf View Post
I agree with EmmaR....
Sagar, isolationism is fine. It's a good idea. But when it comes to helping others, I think we should pitch in.
For example: The earthquake in Japan. We should forget about politics and just help.
Those ar natural disaster, so yes we should help. Those are catastrophes that were mere chance, they couldn't have been avoided.

But we shouldn't waste our money helping countries build infrastructure.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaR View Post
GOD PEOPLE! WHY MUST EVERYTHING BE ABOUT POLITICS NOW?!
Sorry. Outburst of stuff.
We, even in KP, are becoming divided. We're practically just repeating what our parents say. Leia, you (for example) would have different views of politics if you grew up with my parents. I would have different views if I grew up with yours. Let's face it, we believe everything our parents believe (well, mostly. To some extent)!
So let's get back to water.
America doesn't necessarily waste water, it just takes it for granted. Sagar's right, it is just recycled. But we really need to APPRECIATE our water.
I agree, though I don't repeat my parent's views at all. My dad is a more spiritual Hindu and he believes in an inner consciousness and meditating and stuff, and accepts that praying to ten-armed gods will hardly do anything. My mom is extremely superstitious, and not only follows Hindu tradition literally, but also believes in Feng Shuii and stuff.

A certain movie *coughTheQuantumActivistcough* convinced me now that there might probably be a God or Quantum Consciousness, as the movie referred to it, but still my views are self-reasoned and come from a variety of sources.

And you can't blame the people on here that repeat their parent's words.

Jack is homeschooled AND lives in the country, so the majority of people he meets are family and others of his own belief.

Leia seems kind of young, give her a couple of years and she'll start questioning. Its a psychological stage, called Formal Operational Thinking that starts at adolescence.

A.A. is young AND homeschooled. 'nuff said.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfig View Post
I agree, though I don't repeat my parent's views at all. My dad is a more spiritual Hindu and he believes in an inner consciousness and meditating and stuff, and accepts that praying to ten-armed gods will hardly do anything. My mom is extremely superstitious, and not only follows Hindu tradition literally, but also believes in Feng Shuii and stuff.

A certain movie *coughTheQuantumActivistcough* convinced me now that there might probably be a God or Quantum Consciousness, as the movie referred to it, but still my views are self-reasoned and come from a variety of sources.

Jack is homeschooled AND lives in the country, so the majority of people he meets are family and others of his own belief.

Leia seems kind of young, give her a couple of years and she'll start questioning. Its a psychological stage, called Formal Operational Thinking that starts at adolescence.

So a movie made you start thinking God was real? You call others immature and impressionable, yet you seem to be, too.

~Robert Frost
Old 06-27-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruza View Post
So a movie made you start thinking God was real? You call others immature and impressionable, yet you seem to be, too.
What else would? Every thought you have is because of prior experiences, welded together into something psychology calls a "schema"

Yes, your views are based off of your parents beliefs, the movies you've wtched, the books you've read, and your prior experiences.

The movie had a big impact because it seamlessly explains paranormal phenomena that is proven but unexplainable, such as telepathy, without adding in the mythical elements of religions. Just watch it. The conclusion just feels right, with the evidence, through quantum physics, and through the common elements of all religions.

What I denounce is when a belief set for life is made on just one influence. My belief is not set. If you can convince me that there is a better explanation than that presented in The Quantum Activist, I will choose that one.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
What else would? Every thought you have is because of prior experiences, welded together into something psychology calls a "schema"

Yes, your views are based off of your parents beliefs, the movies you've wtched, the books you've read, and your prior experiences.

The movie had a big impact because it seamlessly explains paranormal phenomena that is proven but unexplainable, such as telepathy, without adding in the mythical elements of religions. Just watch it. The conclusion just feels right, with the evidence, through quantum physics, and through the common elements of all religions.

What I denounce is when a belief set for life is made on just one influence. My belief is not set. If you can convince me that there is a better explanation than that presented in The Quantum Activist, I will choose that one.
Man.... your posts are really long... Sorry, I had to point that out.

~Robert Frost
Old 06-27-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruza View Post
Man.... your posts are really long... Sorry, I had to point that out.
Man... your posts are really short... Sorry, I had to point that out.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:

Yeah, but it's just that a lot of the people on these threads (the politics ones) are what? 12-15 or something, so still repeating what their parents are saying. Face it, environment changes us!
Old 06-29-2011, 12:21 AM

AA is 10, I know... and I'm pretty sure Jack and Leia are about 12... that's not all that young...
I think some of you guys are a bit quick to discount a person's viewpoints because of their age. A lot of people just copy their parents' opinions, I know, but I think that has more to do with the individual person than their chronological age.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:15 PM

I'm older than 12. Teen ager!!!

THAT'S ABSURD.
YOU'RE ABSURD.
Say that again.
YOU'RE ABSURD.
THAT'S ABSURD!

I wanna be at the House Cup Tournament.
I wanna be the Coolest Girl.
I wanna be a Starship Ranger.
I wanna be somebody's buddy.
But most of all, I wanna be at a Starkid concert!!