Quantcast Doctor Who! 8D - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2011, 10:54 PM

Default Doctor Who! 8D

Cuz it's just that cool. Gosh, I love that show.

So, how about you? Have you seen the old series from 1968 or just the new series from 2005 and on? Who's your Doctor? What do you think of Rose? Amy? Favorite pairing? Opinion on the theme song? How did you learn about it? :P

"Oh! Somebody ought to take society by the four corners of the sheet and toss it all into the air! Everything would be broken, most likely, but at least nobody would have anything, there'd be that much gained!" - Les Misérables
Old 08-19-2011, 11:01 PM

Personally...

The Doctor Who theme song is my favorite theme, along with Pirates of the Caribbean. I LOVE it.

Like many, the tenth Doctor is my favorite. I love his personality :3 I also like the ninth Doctor, too ^_^

The first time I heard about it was in 7th grade when we read a screenplay of the first ever episode. I was intrigued, being a sci-fi junkie, but I was on a mythology kick, so I was focused on getting on with it. Only recently did I start watching it. Not even my principal has heard of it O_o I'm the only one familiar with Doctor Who, along with that teacher. And my friends, who only know what I gush about.

I don't know if I like Rose or Amy better. I like Rose's hair, though ;]
"Oh! Somebody ought to take society by the four corners of the sheet and toss it all into the air! Everything would be broken, most likely, but at least nobody would have anything, there'd be that much gained!" - Les Misérables
Old 08-27-2011, 05:59 PM

Doctor Who is so awesome!!!!!

The first one I watched was Robot (from 1974, when the third Doctor regenerates into the fourth), with my dad. He loved DW when he was a kid. That was like... three years ago... I didn't find out that there were actually any new ones until about a year after that.

And the soundtracks would have to be my second-favourite. After The Lord of the Rings.

I like Rose way way better... I despise Amy. Rory's awesome though. The best companion (in my opinion) is Adric, from the fourth and fifth-Doctor ones... Almost everyone else seems to hate him though...

Best— Doctor— ever— is— obvious—

The ninth, fifth, third, sixth, and eighth are absolutely amazing though too. ^-^
Old 09-15-2011, 10:00 PM

Yeah I get where you're coming from about Amy. She's mostly entertaining to me, though :] And she's ginger. And she kind of looks like my cousin O.O But Rory scares me at times, not clue why O.o Gotta love Rose ^_^

Is it just me or is the acting insanely good in this show? O.o My mom hates DW but says it's some of the best acting she's seen.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:06 PM

RIVER SONG annoys me to no end -___-
Old 09-16-2011, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowtide View Post
Doctor Who is so awesome!!!!!

The first one I watched was Robot (from 1974, when the third Doctor regenerates into the fourth), with my dad. He loved DW when he was a kid. That was like... three years ago... I didn't find out that there were actually any new ones until about a year after that.

And the soundtracks would have to be my second-favourite. After The Lord of the Rings.

I like Rose way way better... I despise Amy. Rory's awesome though. The best companion (in my opinion) is Adric, from the fourth and fifth-Doctor ones... Almost everyone else seems to hate him though...

Best— Doctor— ever— is— obvious—

The ninth, fifth, third, sixth, and eighth are absolutely amazing though too. ^-^
I still don't understand why you hate Amy... -_-

I'M GOING TO WATCH THE GIRL WHO WAITED DAY AFTER TOMORROW!

-Douglas Adams
Old 09-16-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWriter View Post
Yeah I get where you're coming from about Amy. She's mostly entertaining to me, though :] And she's ginger. And she kind of looks like my cousin O.O But Rory scares me at times, not clue why O.o Gotta love Rose ^_^

Is it just me or is the acting insanely good in this show? O.o My mom hates DW but says it's some of the best acting she's seen.
Yes, she's entertaining. But still annoying.

It is good... the old ones' acting is pretty poor though...
Old 09-16-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabiDi View Post
I still don't understand why you hate Amy... -_-

I'M GOING TO WATCH THE GIRL WHO WAITED DAY AFTER TOMORROW!
The Girl Who Waited almost made me cry... It's the saddest DW episode ever made, seriously.
Even though it's about Amy.

You definitely need to watch it... and since you posted that yesterday I guess you'll watch it today!
Old 09-16-2011, 09:34 PM

I don't get the Doctor thing....or what it's about....let alone the fact that I've never heard of it until now.....:P

No more dreaming like a girl, like a girl so in love...with the wrong world.

Snow White's stitching up the circuitboard...

inside of me.

-quote on dA
Old 09-16-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowtide View Post
The Girl Who Waited almost made me cry... It's the saddest DW episode ever made, seriously.
Even though it's about Amy.

You definitely need to watch it... and since you posted that yesterday I guess you'll watch it today!
The Parting of the Ways made me cry so hard Dx Just cuz I love Rose

Tags
28.6.42.12, allons-y!, bbc, bow ties are cool :d, bowtiesssss :3, chameleon circuit, dalek, doctor who, fantastic!, fezes are cool!, fezzes :d, fishcustard, geronimo!, istoleatimelordandranaway, jellybaby?, madman.with.a.box, power-of-squee, tardis, the doctor, the raggedy man, theonlyonemadenough, time travel, tv shows, who da man?, wibblywobblytimeywimey