Quantcast Doctor Who! 8D - Page 3 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2011, 06:18 PM

Bleh. THE NEXT EPISODE HAS TO COME SOON.

-Douglas Adams
Old 10-01-2011, 10:16 PM

eep! Did anyone else just watch the last episode as River would say "Spoilers!"
Old 10-01-2011, 10:59 PM

Closing Time?

-Douglas Adams
Old 10-02-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabiDi View Post
Closing Time?
You mean the name of the episode? It's called The wedding of River Song... I won't give anything away though if you haven't whatched it yet...
Old 10-02-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
You mean the name of the episode? It's called The wedding of River Song... I won't give anything away though if you haven't whatched it yet...
D: You already watched it?! I can't find it ANYWHERE!

-Douglas Adams
Old 10-02-2011, 01:56 PM

Really? That stinks! If you live in America do you have BBC America? It will probably be on there sometime soon...
Old 10-02-2011, 03:30 PM

Someone explain Doctor Who to me...Please?!

THAT'S ABSURD.
YOU'RE ABSURD.
Say that again.
YOU'RE ABSURD.
THAT'S ABSURD!

I wanna be at the House Cup Tournament.
I wanna be the Coolest Girl.
I wanna be a Starship Ranger.
I wanna be somebody's buddy.
But most of all, I wanna be at a Starkid concert!!
Old 10-02-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leia View Post
Someone explain Doctor Who to me...Please?!
I would try but I'd fail...
Old 10-02-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowtide View Post
It's an absolutely, completely amazing British sci-fic show. You need to watch it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki View Post
Doctor Who is a British science fiction television programme produced by the BBC. The programme depicts the adventures of a time-travelling humanoid alien known as the Doctor who explores the universe in a sentient time machine called the TARDIS, whose exterior appears as a blue police box. Along with a succession of companions, he faces a variety of foes while working to save civilisations, help people, and right wrongs.

The character of the Doctor was initially shrouded in mystery. All that was known about him in the programme's early days was that he was an eccentric alien traveller of great intelligence who battled injustice while exploring time and space in an unreliable time machine, the "TARDIS", (an acronym for Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space), which appears much larger on the inside than on the outside.[46]

However, the initially irascible and slightly sinister Doctor quickly mellowed into a more compassionate figure (a fact later reiterated in "Journey's End" where the Tenth Doctor tells Rose that she made him better, as the incarnation she first met was angry and "born out of war"). It was eventually revealed that he had been on the run from his own people, the Time Lords of the planet Gallifrey.

As a Time Lord, the Doctor has the ability to regenerate his body when near death. Introduced into the storyline as a way of continuing the series when the writers were faced with the departure of lead actor William Hartnell in 1966, it has continued to be a major element of the series, allowing for the recasting of the lead actor when the need arises. The serials The Deadly Assassin and Mawdryn Undead and the 1996 TV film suggest that a Time Lord can regenerate 12 times, for a total of 13 incarnations. However at least one Time Lord - the Master - managed to circumvent this (in The Keeper of Traken).[47] It is also worth noting that in The Sarah Jane Adventures, the Doctor states he can regenerate 507 times. To date, the Doctor has fully gone through this process and its resulting after-effects on ten occasions, with each of his incarnations having their own quirks and abilities but otherwise sharing the consciousness, memories, experience and basic personality of the previous incarnations.[13]

So, yeah. An alien (called a Time Lord) called the Doctor travels around in a spaceship called the TARDIS, which looks on the outside like a police box. He has companions, usually human, who travel with him for periods of time, to different planets, and on earth. Generally, they get in some grave danger, etc.

Click Here

And Here

It started in 1963, and continued until '89. Then there was a movie made in 1996. It started up again in 2005. I'd suggest staring with the 2005 ones, since the older ones can be hard to get into. Really you can start with any random episode, though, since the episodes aren't contingent on knowing what happened previously, though it's harder with Series 5 and 6.

The first new one is called Rose... If you go here, you can watch all the new series online: Doctor Who episodes

Heh, no pressure, of course.

You're welcome. :P

-Douglas Adams
Old 10-02-2011, 05:07 PM

Wait, never mind! I get seasons 1-5 on Netflix Instant Video on our Blu-Ray, and season six on AMAZON Instant Video on Blu-ray, and The Wedding of River Song just became available.

-Douglas Adams

Tags
28.6.42.12, allons-y!, bbc, bow ties are cool :d, bowtiesssss :3, chameleon circuit, dalek, doctor who, fantastic!, fezes are cool!, fezzes :d, fishcustard, geronimo!, istoleatimelordandranaway, jellybaby?, madman.with.a.box, power-of-squee, tardis, the doctor, the raggedy man, theonlyonemadenough, time travel, tv shows, who da man?, wibblywobblytimeywimey