Quantcast Reverse Debating - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 05-22-2014, 05:24 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse
Default Reverse Debating

This is a thread where you try to debate for the point of view that you disagree with. e.g.:

Person who supports gay marriage: GAY PEOPLE ARE SMELLY!!
Person against gay marriage: BUT THAT IS HOMOPHOBIC!!

Well not like that at all but. Basically you try to make points for the side of the argument that you disagree with (instead of the side you believe in). Um, so a person who supports abortion will say things against it.

Idk it's just a way to acknowledge the other argument. It might make you realize how stupid the other side is, but it will hopefully make you more open-minded maybe
Old 05-22-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
This is a thread where you try to debate for the point of view that you disagree with. e.g.:

Person who supports gay marriage: GAY PEOPLE ARE SMELLY!!
Person against gay marriage: BUT THAT IS HOMOPHOBIC!!

Well not like that at all but. Basically you try to make points for the side of the argument that you disagree with (instead of the side you believe in). Um, so a person who supports abortion will say things against it.

Idk it's just a way to acknowledge the other argument. It might make you realize how stupid the other side is, but it will hopefully make you more open-minded maybe
I totally get it.
So what topic could we start with?
Old 05-22-2014, 08:29 PM

This could be fun.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:59 PM

Location: en route to Mordor, punching my father, Voldemort, in the nose for not liking my Father's Day gift

Yup, I agree, gr9 idea
Old 05-23-2014, 06:13 PM

This is sort of awesome :P
Old 05-23-2014, 06:22 PM

Uhh someone else think of a topic
Old 05-23-2014, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Uhh someone else think of a topic
Racism? Idk
Old 05-23-2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurboulos View Post
Racism? Idk
*my normal POV is that racism is evil and deserves to be exterminated as soon as possible.*

Racists are justified in what they do because they just want to be safe. For example, say I get mugged by a person of race X. Obviously, because I'm sane and normal, I don't want to get mugged again, so of course I'd avoid people of race X for fear of the same thing happening. My brain ends up correlating the image of any person of race X with the experience of getting mugged, which is a perfectly rational explanation of why I avoid people of race X.

*this was actually pretty hard to write! I'll be on this thread a lot ^-^*
Old 05-23-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
*my normal POV is that racism is evil and deserves to be exterminated as soon as possible.*

Racists are justified in what they do because they just want to be safe. For example, say I get mugged by a person of race X. Obviously, because I'm sane and normal, I don't want to get mugged again, so of course I'd avoid people of race X for fear of the same thing happening. My brain ends up correlating the image of any person of race X with the experience of getting mugged, which is a perfectly rational explanation of why I avoid people of race X.

*this was actually pretty hard to write! I'll be on this thread a lot ^-^*
Same here, I'll try though...

Racism helps, it makes it so some know their place, below others and it gets rid of some fights for power. It also does not hurt the afflicted much, if someone is self confident they won't care... and if you are treated someway you can treat someone else that way to.
*sweating*
Old 05-23-2014, 06:58 PM

Well I was thinking of something more controversial, you know, because there's nothing really good to racism

How about like teaching evolution/the big bang in schools?

Tags
but that is homophobic!!, gay people are smelly, omg this thread tho, wendy waz here!