Quantcast Reverse Debating - Page 2 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > And Now, the News...
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-23-2014, 07:05 PM
meerkat meerkat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: the void
Posts: 6,198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Well I was thinking of something more controversial, you know, because there's nothing really good to racism

How about like teaching evolution/the big bang in schools?
Evolution and the big bang contradict religion, and we can't have students walking around with all different ideas about the world, right? That would just lead to chaos, and the only way to have a peaceful world is if every child is taught the same information about God creating the earth and humans. Besides, evolution and the big bang are just *THEORIES* which means they're not actually true, and most schools teach them like they're fact, so students will get the wrong idea.

*Normal POV: It should be taught as an alternate way of seeing things*
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-24-2014, 02:54 PM
L.S.Trendom L.S.Trendom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: en route to Mordor, punching my father, Voldemort, in the nose for not liking my Father's Day gift
Posts: 58,652
Default

This country was founded by Christians, and the majority of our population are Christians. Why should we cater to other beliefs, when the big bang theory disagrees with the majority's world views?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-24-2014, 03:43 PM
meerkat meerkat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: the void
Posts: 6,198
Default

*come on someone contradict us already*
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-27-2014, 11:23 AM
LaurenM LaurenM is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: hungry
Posts: 6,999
Default

are you sure anyone can i mean
probably a lot of us are evolutionists
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-27-2014, 01:25 PM
Ms.GingerTaur Ms.GingerTaur is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: In a place with heros wandering the streets.
Posts: 726
Default

Regular opinion- you should NOT teach evolution in schools. It is wrong to force your belief on someone. I believe in God and that he created all things. I think that subject should be left alone in schools and parents should teach that.

Evolution should be taught. It is 100% right and how else was the world created? You mean what is wrong with it?
__________________
That's what I think, so bye for know y'all
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-27-2014, 03:43 PM
Jesse Jesse is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: a place tantalizingly close to home
Posts: 5,700
Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse
Default

(Normal opinion: Evolution shouldn't be taught in schools for the same reason that creationism shouldn't)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
Evolution and the big bang contradict religion, and we can't have students walking around with all different ideas about the world, right? That would just lead to chaos, and the only way to have a peaceful world is if every child is taught the same information about God creating the earth and humans. Besides, evolution and the big bang are just *THEORIES* which means they're not actually true, and most schools teach them like they're fact, so students will get the wrong idea.

*Normal POV: It should be taught as an alternate way of seeing things*
But isn't creationism a theory too?

"The only way to have a peaceful world is if every child is taught the same information about God creating the earth and humans." OR we could stick to having freedom of religion, idk it just seems preferable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom View Post
This country was founded by Christians, and the majority of our population are Christians. Why should we cater to other beliefs, when the big bang theory disagrees with the majority's world views?
This country was founded by people who wanted to get away from religion being forced on them. And what about the minority? Shouldn't they be allowed to get a chance to learn things that might contradict Christianity?
__________________
If you choose to be invisible, its a superpower; if its forced upon you, its a plight. The same goes for being visible. - Kathryn Schulz, Sight Unseen
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-16-2014, 03:49 AM
rebecca rebecca is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic
Posts: 6,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.GingerTaur View Post
Regular opinion- you should NOT teach evolution in schools. It is wrong to force your belief on someone. I believe in God and that he created all things. I think that subject should be left alone in schools and parents should teach that.

Evolution should be taught. It is 100% right and how else was the world created? You mean what is wrong with it?
Parents are totally qualified to teach their children, they aren't at all biased and they understand the issues.

Normal opinion: (these issues need to be taught in schools because teachers are qualified to teach about this, parents are not, and they usually don't understand all of it. People should be taught both arguments and allowed to make their own balanced decision based upon the facts)
__________________
The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on. - Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-16-2014, 03:49 AM
rebecca rebecca is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic
Posts: 6,818
Default

(has anyone else actually read On the Origin of Species? Is it just me?)
__________________
The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on. - Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-16-2014, 11:33 AM
coolcate781 coolcate781 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: In a dream.
Posts: 122
Default

What about pollution or global warming? (idk if that's a bad idea)
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-16-2014, 11:40 AM
meerkat meerkat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: the void
Posts: 6,198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post

"The only way to have a peaceful world is if every child is taught the same information about God creating the earth and humans." OR we could stick to having freedom of religion, idk it just seems preferable
The problem with religious freedom is actually pretty obvious in our world today. Wars have been waged and lives have been lost, all because of religion. If everyone in the world had the same religion and was taught the same things (even about evolution vs creationism), none of these people would've died.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
but that is homophobic!!, gay people are smelly, omg this thread tho, wendy waz here!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.