Quantcast Reverse Debating - Page 2 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > And Now, the News...
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Well I was thinking of something more controversial, you know, because there's nothing really good to racism

How about like teaching evolution/the big bang in schools?
Evolution and the big bang contradict religion, and we can't have students walking around with all different ideas about the world, right? That would just lead to chaos, and the only way to have a peaceful world is if every child is taught the same information about God creating the earth and humans. Besides, evolution and the big bang are just *THEORIES* which means they're not actually true, and most schools teach them like they're fact, so students will get the wrong idea.

*Normal POV: It should be taught as an alternate way of seeing things*
Old 05-24-2014, 02:54 PM

Location: en route to Mordor, punching my father, Voldemort, in the nose for not liking my Father's Day gift

This country was founded by Christians, and the majority of our population are Christians. Why should we cater to other beliefs, when the big bang theory disagrees with the majority's world views?
Old 05-24-2014, 03:43 PM

*come on someone contradict us already*
Old 05-27-2014, 11:23 AM

are you sure anyone can i mean
probably a lot of us are evolutionists
Old 05-27-2014, 01:25 PM

Regular opinion- you should NOT teach evolution in schools. It is wrong to force your belief on someone. I believe in God and that he created all things. I think that subject should be left alone in schools and parents should teach that.

Evolution should be taught. It is 100% right and how else was the world created? You mean what is wrong with it?
Old 05-27-2014, 03:43 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse

(Normal opinion: Evolution shouldn't be taught in schools for the same reason that creationism shouldn't)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
Evolution and the big bang contradict religion, and we can't have students walking around with all different ideas about the world, right? That would just lead to chaos, and the only way to have a peaceful world is if every child is taught the same information about God creating the earth and humans. Besides, evolution and the big bang are just *THEORIES* which means they're not actually true, and most schools teach them like they're fact, so students will get the wrong idea.

*Normal POV: It should be taught as an alternate way of seeing things*
But isn't creationism a theory too?

"The only way to have a peaceful world is if every child is taught the same information about God creating the earth and humans." OR we could stick to having freedom of religion, idk it just seems preferable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom View Post
This country was founded by Christians, and the majority of our population are Christians. Why should we cater to other beliefs, when the big bang theory disagrees with the majority's world views?
This country was founded by people who wanted to get away from religion being forced on them. And what about the minority? Shouldn't they be allowed to get a chance to learn things that might contradict Christianity?
Old 06-16-2014, 03:49 AM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.GingerTaur View Post
Regular opinion- you should NOT teach evolution in schools. It is wrong to force your belief on someone. I believe in God and that he created all things. I think that subject should be left alone in schools and parents should teach that.

Evolution should be taught. It is 100% right and how else was the world created? You mean what is wrong with it?
Parents are totally qualified to teach their children, they aren't at all biased and they understand the issues.

Normal opinion: (these issues need to be taught in schools because teachers are qualified to teach about this, parents are not, and they usually don't understand all of it. People should be taught both arguments and allowed to make their own balanced decision based upon the facts)
Old 06-16-2014, 03:49 AM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

(has anyone else actually read On the Origin of Species? Is it just me?)
Old 06-16-2014, 11:33 AM

What about pollution or global warming? (idk if that's a bad idea)
Old 06-16-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post

"The only way to have a peaceful world is if every child is taught the same information about God creating the earth and humans." OR we could stick to having freedom of religion, idk it just seems preferable
The problem with religious freedom is actually pretty obvious in our world today. Wars have been waged and lives have been lost, all because of religion. If everyone in the world had the same religion and was taught the same things (even about evolution vs creationism), none of these people would've died.

Tags
but that is homophobic!!, gay people are smelly, omg this thread tho, wendy waz here!