Quantcast Democrat or Republican? - Page 3 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > US Elections
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-11-2014, 05:09 PM
Freerunner Freerunner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 39
Default

ahaha irish so no idea what's going on
__________________
I am

irretrievably
incredibly and irrevocably

MYSELF
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-30-2014, 01:06 PM
rebecca rebecca is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic
Posts: 6,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freerunner View Post
ahaha irish so no idea what's going on
Democrats = central
Rebublicans = right-wing
__________________
“The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” - Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-03-2014, 06:08 PM
toriluv91750 toriluv91750 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: I'm not gonna tell O_o
Posts: 615
Default

figured might as well post...

Very conservative very republican although political parties are stupid in the first place and our founding fathers, when writing the constitution, didn't even want there to be political parties.

ugh politics.
__________________
And
I Hope
That You Remember
Me
~I See Fire-Ed Sheeran~

DFTBA
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-03-2014, 06:45 PM
rebecca rebecca is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic
Posts: 6,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toriluv91750 View Post
figured might as well post...

Very conservative very republican although political parties are stupid in the first place and our founding fathers, when writing the constitution, didn't even want there to be political parties.

ugh politics.
Your founding fathers didn't even know bacteria caused illness. You pin a lot of trust in a bunch of dead men over two hundred years ago, writing in a more ignorant time. There's no point in deifying them, they were just men, and by god did they make their mistakes. Sunlight did not come shining from their backsides. Just because they founded your nation does not make their word gospel. Your constitution is not infallible and often needs to be taken in context (for instance, the section about the right to bear arms was written in a time of unrest, you know, the British and stuff), it can't all be applied to today's world.

Political parties, while I agree they're all a bunch of [word removed before even being typed], are a result of human disagreement. 'I disagree with your politics, therefore, I don't want to work with you'
'Oh f**** off'
'Wait, how are you spelling that, I'm sure it's only three asterisks?'
'See, this is why we're getting a divorce'
'What are you talking about?'
'Goodbye Harold'
'That isn't even my name'
'Wait, who are you then?'
'Dave'
'...awkward'

and so on and so forth. It would be nice for everyone to agree on everything, however, it's not possible. I will never agree with your politics, for instance, but I won't lose any sleep over it. I mean, AA had appalling opinions and look how she's turned out. She's hella awesome and I have a lot of respect for her. I don't know you too well so I can't judge.

In summary: your founding fathers are nothing more than an interesting bit of history, long ago, long dead, and utterly irrelevant to today's politics, political parties may be stupid, but it's human nature, Dave's name isn't Harold, this entire post is a surreal trainwreck, I don't know what I'm doing, aaaaaand I'm not judging you because of any of your opinions, however rubbish they may be.

-
__________________
“The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” - Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-03-2014, 09:16 PM
toriluv91750 toriluv91750 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: I'm not gonna tell O_o
Posts: 615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca View Post
Your founding fathers didn't even know bacteria caused illness. You pin a lot of trust in a bunch of dead men over two hundred years ago, writing in a more ignorant time. There's no point in deifying them, they were just men, and by god did they make their mistakes. Sunlight did not come shining from their backsides. Just because they founded your nation does not make their word gospel. Your constitution is not infallible and often needs to be taken in context (for instance, the section about the right to bear arms was written in a time of unrest, you know, the British and stuff), it can't all be applied to today's world.

Political parties, while I agree they're all a bunch of [word removed before even being typed], are a result of human disagreement. 'I disagree with your politics, therefore, I don't want to work with you'
'Oh f**** off'
'Wait, how are you spelling that, I'm sure it's only three asterisks?'
'See, this is why we're getting a divorce'
'What are you talking about?'
'Goodbye Harold'
'That isn't even my name'
'Wait, who are you then?'
'Dave'
'...awkward'

and so on and so forth. It would be nice for everyone to agree on everything, however, it's not possible. I will never agree with your politics, for instance, but I won't lose any sleep over it. I mean, AA had appalling opinions and look how she's turned out. She's hella awesome and I have a lot of respect for her. I don't know you too well so I can't judge.

In summary: your founding fathers are nothing more than an interesting bit of history, long ago, long dead, and utterly irrelevant to today's politics, political parties may be stupid, but it's human nature, Dave's name isn't Harold, this entire post is a surreal trainwreck, I don't know what I'm doing, aaaaaand I'm not judging you because of any of your opinions, however rubbish they may be.

-
Oh no I agree. It's apart of human nature for us to disagree, it was bound to happen, but having political parties sets us apart in ways that are unnecessary. People feel like instead of having their own opinions on politics they have to choose one side or another which is not true at all. I'm pro-life and while Republicans don't believe in abortion, it's the Democrats that don't believe in the death penalty. But now I'm forced to choose over the greater of two evils because of political groupings. That's not fair. Yes, we're going to disagree, and it's good for both the people in government and the people voting to disagree (it makes it so we're not completely mindless) but separating people into groups because of their disagreements is just nnjgnwrontbonmb.
f*** im tired.

Anyways, I do completely disagree with the fact that parts of the constitution are useless. Yes, the law of right to bear arms was created at a time of uncertainty with Britain, but the military can walk into our lives and take our food and homes just as easily as they did back then. Not to mention, Americans are getting more and more convinced that it's okay to let go of freedom for safety, which can allow the government to take over our lives (watch Captain America: The Winter Soldier). Now there may not be any reason for them to do that now, and there might not be a reason for them to do it in a long time, but when there is a reason, everyone is going to realize just how important their right to bear arms is. And don't you dare start comparing us to Canada or Australia, with their anti-gun laws. The U.S. is always poking around in other people's sh**, which means we're gonna get in a war more easily than they are because Canada and Australia are smart and don't go poking around in other countries crap.

So yeah.

And I highly respect you standing up for what you believe.

But seriously.
Captain America: The Winter Soldier was awesome. Watch it.
__________________
And
I Hope
That You Remember
Me
~I See Fire-Ed Sheeran~

DFTBA
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-04-2014, 12:38 PM
rebecca rebecca is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic
Posts: 6,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toriluv91750 View Post
Oh no I agree. It's apart of human nature for us to disagree, it was bound to happen, but having political parties sets us apart in ways that are unnecessary. People feel like instead of having their own opinions on politics they have to choose one side or another which is not true at all. I'm pro-life and while Republicans don't believe in abortion, it's the Democrats that don't believe in the death penalty. But now I'm forced to choose over the greater of two evils because of political groupings. That's not fair. Yes, we're going to disagree, and it's good for both the people in government and the people voting to disagree (it makes it so we're not completely mindless) but separating people into groups because of their disagreements is just nnjgnwrontbonmb.
f*** im tired.

Anyways, I do completely disagree with the fact that parts of the constitution are useless. Yes, the law of right to bear arms was created at a time of uncertainty with Britain, but the military can walk into our lives and take our food and homes just as easily as they did back then. Not to mention, Americans are getting more and more convinced that it's okay to let go of freedom for safety, which can allow the government to take over our lives (watch Captain America: The Winter Soldier). Now there may not be any reason for them to do that now, and there might not be a reason for them to do it in a long time, but when there is a reason, everyone is going to realize just how important their right to bear arms is. And don't you dare start comparing us to Canada or Australia, with their anti-gun laws. The U.S. is always poking around in other people's sh**, which means we're gonna get in a war more easily than they are because Canada and Australia are smart and don't go poking around in other countries crap.

So yeah.

And I highly respect you standing up for what you believe.

But seriously.
Captain America: The Winter Soldier was awesome. Watch it.
I'm going to watch it. Big fan of Marvel films, but not got around to that one yet. Have you seen Guardians of the Galaxy though?

While I agree with your points about the interfering government, I do believe gun control is essential, given America's track record on school shootings. That's just my opinion. Having grown up in the UK, where our control is incredibly high, it's more of a cultural thing.

And, despite our disagreements, I must say I respect you for your eloquent response. I completely see where you're coming from (not literally, might I add, that would be wrong on so many levels).

Have a nice day in a not at all sarcastic sense.
__________________
“The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” - Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-04-2014, 12:49 PM
Swallowtail Swallowtail is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: ny/ma
Posts: 862
Default

I'm definitely a Democrat. I don't believe in everything they do, but I agree with their decisions much more that the Republican's ideas. I'm not completely against the Republican party, and some of my best friends are Republicans, so by no means do I hate or even have a mild dislike for all Republicans. I just agree with the Democrats more.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-04-2014, 03:03 PM
toriluv91750 toriluv91750 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: I'm not gonna tell O_o
Posts: 615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca View Post
I'm going to watch it. Big fan of Marvel films, but not got around to that one yet. Have you seen Guardians of the Galaxy though?

While I agree with your points about the interfering government, I do believe gun control is essential, given America's track record on school shootings. That's just my opinion. Having grown up in the UK, where our control is incredibly high, it's more of a cultural thing.

And, despite our disagreements, I must say I respect you for your eloquent response. I completely see where you're coming from (not literally, might I add, that would be wrong on so many levels).

Have a nice day in a not at all sarcastic sense.
Yeah I can understand that the cultural thing. And thank you for the respect.

And yes I have watched Guardians of Galaxy and is was amazing ^o^
__________________
And
I Hope
That You Remember
Me
~I See Fire-Ed Sheeran~

DFTBA
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-09-2014, 10:57 AM
Lena Lena is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: nah
Posts: 3,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toriluv91750 View Post
Oh no I agree. It's apart of human nature for us to disagree, it was bound to happen, but having political parties sets us apart in ways that are unnecessary. People feel like instead of having their own opinions on politics they have to choose one side or another which is not true at all. I'm pro-life and while Republicans don't believe in abortion, it's the Democrats that don't believe in the death penalty. But now I'm forced to choose over the greater of two evils because of political groupings. That's not fair. Yes, we're going to disagree, and it's good for both the people in government and the people voting to disagree (it makes it so we're not completely mindless) but separating people into groups because of their disagreements is just nnjgnwrontbonmb.
f*** im tired.

Anyways, I do completely disagree with the fact that parts of the constitution are useless. Yes, the law of right to bear arms was created at a time of uncertainty with Britain, but the military can walk into our lives and take our food and homes just as easily as they did back then. Not to mention, Americans are getting more and more convinced that it's okay to let go of freedom for safety, which can allow the government to take over our lives (watch Captain America: The Winter Soldier). Now there may not be any reason for them to do that now, and there might not be a reason for them to do it in a long time, but when there is a reason, everyone is going to realize just how important their right to bear arms is. And don't you dare start comparing us to Canada or Australia, with their anti-gun laws. The U.S. is always poking around in other people's sh**, which means we're gonna get in a war more easily than they are because Canada and Australia are smart and don't go poking around in other countries crap.

So yeah.

And I highly respect you standing up for what you believe.

But seriously.
Captain America: The Winter Soldier was awesome. Watch it.
Hey, just going to post my opinion on that particular statement. I have all due respect for you, but that idea - that people's guns are more important than people's lives - it's pretty twisted when you think about it. Not to mention that in situations like school shootings, the shooter is often credited with being "broken inside", causing people to pity them, and frankly, that's bullshit. It just astounds me that while children are dying, there are people whining about how the government can't take their guns. Why are guns so important to people? I mean, I like shooting. I get it. It's fun. But recreational activities in no way account for lives that are being lost. And yes, I've heard that saying, "Guns don't kill people, people do" - but why do we actively pass out guns and give others the chance to kill each other?

Also, the comparison to Captain America doesn't line up. The government wanted to kill people in the movie. This government just wants to reduce killing people.

I dunno, but that mindset just doesn't make sense to me. I'm not trying to disrespect you because you're fabulous and a great writer and person, but I just honestly don't understand.
__________________
i wonder what keeps us so high up –
could there be love beneath these wings?

((death, white lies))
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-09-2014, 11:08 PM
toriluv91750 toriluv91750 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: I'm not gonna tell O_o
Posts: 615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena View Post
Hey, just going to post my opinion on that particular statement. I have all due respect for you, but that idea - that people's guns are more important than people's lives - it's pretty twisted when you think about it. Not to mention that in situations like school shootings, the shooter is often credited with being "broken inside", causing people to pity them, and frankly, that's bullshit. It just astounds me that while children are dying, there are people whining about how the government can't take their guns. Why are guns so important to people? I mean, I like shooting. I get it. It's fun. But recreational activities in no way account for lives that are being lost. And yes, I've heard that saying, "Guns don't kill people, people do" - but why do we actively pass out guns and give others the chance to kill each other?

Also, the comparison to Captain America doesn't line up. The government wanted to kill people in the movie. This government just wants to reduce killing people.

I dunno, but that mindset just doesn't make sense to me. I'm not trying to disrespect you because you're fabulous and a great writer and person, but I just honestly don't understand.
I absolutely do not pity those who go and kill dozens of children because they are upset. Nobody that I know that supports guns pities people. Last year my cousin almost got shot because someone went on a rampage at her highschool. But everyone should not be punished for the crimes of a few. Yes, I do think there should be more restrictions on our gun laws, I mean you can't just give a gun to anybody, but you can't completely take away our right to defend ourselves if the government decides they want to start taking away other rights. Really, this should be more about mental illness and getting help for those who suffer from it. A lot of times those with a mental illness are not treated well (not medically I mean like as a human being they are not treated well). The case at my cousins school was this kid, who was extremely short fuse constantly, got upset at a teacher, went home, picked up his rifle, and went back to the school to shoot the teacher and basically any other target he could find. Luckily only one girl got severly injured and she eventually died and you're right, that's not okay. But we need to be more careful with people with mental illnesses. Even people without severe mental illness. You don't know what makes someone upset. Guns don't kill people, people do. And it's important that we only give the guns to people who are responsible with them, and are least likely to go kill people because they got mad or want to rob a store.

And you are mostly right with the Captain America thing. I mostly used it as an example because I loved the movie and just saw it the day I posted it. But you can't deny that people are willy nilly giving up their freedom for their safety. I mean, look at what the NSA did. They listened to our conversations! (Well they actually listened to the conversations of people who were acting suspiciously based on their call records, which isn't actually too bad). But, even though it doesn't seem like it might now, things could escalate and get a lot worse than that.

And Chris Evans is hot.

And you're awesome Lena.

And guys, I just wanna say you're all really good debaters. That is a really good skill to have and my belief on debate is that it's not worth it unless each side gets something from it, which I am.

Don't forget to be awesome.
__________________
And
I Hope
That You Remember
Me
~I See Fire-Ed Sheeran~

DFTBA
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
#feelthebern, bernie 2016, bloody americans, classical cat, fuck donald trump, hillary lies, howtf..istrumpstillhere, i hate donald trump, liberalsareannoying, lol dat liberals tag tho, mr. potato will get you, perrydonhamforprez, smelborp for prez, teamworldpeace, tedcruzmoreliketedsnooze, vote bernie sanders!, whats up with these tags, why the ?s upside down??, wtfrepublicans?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.