Quantcast Forum Game: The Five People You'll Meet... - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2015, 09:48 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to venika
Talking Forum Game: The Five People You'll Meet...

Everyone you see has a story to tell, right? The guy at the grocery store. The farmer selling tomatoes. The toddler on the swing set. You don't know what they've been through, why they're at a particular place, what their life has been like...

So this forum game is about making up those stories. I say a place and then start with one person who's there, and why. Someone else continues with a second person. It goes on up till the fifth character, and then the next person continues with a new place and the first person there.

The character can as detailed/simple as you want them to be.

So.
THE FIVE PEOPLE YOU'LL MEET AT THE MALL:
1. The teenage boy who was abandoned by his parents at the food court when he was a toddler, who still goes there every weekend, hoping he'll finally be reunited with them at last.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:22 PM

2. That one (or maybe two) guy(s) who are dragged to the mall with their more excitable friends; said excitable friends are already lost even though they got here like 5 minutes ago and the guy(s) are frantic to find them bc within another 5 minutes there could be yelling or chaos or spending all the money on the carousel or the Disney store or stuffed animals or other goods or maybe even the excitable friends getting arrested or kicked out. (The guy(s) look(s) v bemused, v exasperated, and v worried.)
Old 01-01-2015, 11:41 PM

3) The girl in the that looks like a teenager but is actually twenty-three, and even though she's a virtuoso pianist with a passion for ice skating (she's at the mall to get a new pair of skates), her entire life revolves around her height impediment (which disappoints her because she had no control over it).

Last edited by meerkat; 01-02-2015 at 12:55 AM.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:16 AM

4. Those high school seniors who only hang out in the candy stores tbh
Old 01-02-2015, 01:34 AM

5. Those middle aged ladies (usually mothers) just sitting at the benches or in the food court. like, not doing anything, but just resting. & sometimes they're with their daughter.
Old 01-02-2015, 02:29 AM

THE FIVE PEOPLE YOU'LL MEET AT STARBUCKS:

idk
Old 01-02-2015, 03:03 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

1) The girl waiting in line with the perfectly straightened bleached hair with her painted nails tapping lightly against her sparkly studded iphone 6s as she waits for her peppermint mocha to come out so that she could go shopping at the mall with her bae.

*it had to be said*

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 01-02-2015, 03:13 AM

Okay this is a super cool idea.

2. The stressed out temp procrastinating going to his new job because he's afraid of growing up and receiving responsibility. College never prepared him for this job and for most of his college career he slacked off and partied. But now as he gets serious with his girlfriend and the bills pile up he realizes that he needs to grow up and start his career. He sips his coffee slowly, blowing gently on its black surface and following the ripples with his eyes. His watch's gears tick in his eardrums but he can't force himself to get up from his table. Soon his coffee is cold but he's still blowing waves on the dark surface.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:16 AM

3. That one cashier who looks 3000% done with everything but still manages to be nice to the customers.
Old 01-02-2015, 02:19 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to venika

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
2. That one (or maybe two) guy(s) who are dragged to the mall with their more excitable friends; said excitable friends are already lost even though they got here like 5 minutes ago and the guy(s) are frantic to find them bc within another 5 minutes there could be yelling or chaos or spending all the money on the carousel or the Disney store or stuffed animals or other goods or maybe even the excitable friends getting arrested or kicked out. (The guy(s) look(s) v bemused, v exasperated, and v worried.)
((THE MARAUDERS TBH. JAMES AND SIRIUS ARE EXCITABLE PUREBLOOD LIL SHITS WHO'VE NEVER SEEN A MUGGLE MALL BEFORE AND REMUS AND PETER ARE LIKE "OH NO DAMMIT" LMAO I HAVE NO REGRETS))

4. The twenty-something dude who came for the coffee and stayed for the cute writer in the corner who's ignoring him while drinking their mug of tea. His reason being; opposites are bound to attract someday, right?

Tags
ㅋㅋㅋ, butterfly, fuuuuuuun, luna was here