Old 08-27-2015, 02:55 AM

I have found my people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarabellaGrace View Post
oh my god

I have been waiting for this thread

can we just

I LOVE THESE BOOKS SO MUCH

I agree, I want to see a looooot more of Chaol (I ship him and Celaena so. much.) I never thought about Rowan and Manon, but now that you mention it you're right they would make a good couple--a little strange but at the same time it works c:

I HAVEN'T BOUGHT IT YET AND I'M HAVING WITHDRAWALS AAAGH I NEED IT SOON

sarah j. maas is the best author. ever. (besides jk rowling of course) I loved ACOTAR a lot, but nothing compares to Throne of Glass.
THESE BOOKS ARE PERFECTION RIGHT

Seeeee I don't see why you guys like Chaol. Chaol is kind of a jerk to be honest. In Crown of Midnight, he just kept going back and back and back to Celaena like he could only count on her and not on himself while Dorian has a stable piece of mind even if he is a Valg right now whichIA MXJV MAD ABOUT WQRVVKJNSDSBKJSVDJKHDSHKVSDJKHSDV

I really think that Chaol should be with someone else! Or omg! Can Celaena and Rowan just hook up? That'd be fine with me, or Celaena could travel into one of these Otherworlds and be with Tamlin hahaha

YES ACOTAR WAS AMAZING but Throne of Glass is just so so so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
Guysssss we need to have a QOS publication party or something >

idk really but here are 4 things I need from QOS otherwise I might just sit here
and die for a few days.

1. CHAOLEANA- 'buff said.

2. Aedion and Aelin reuniting- with tears and happiness and feels and yes

3. Dorian needs some lovin'- I feel like my poor child Dorian just keeps getting dissed.. he needs someone who truly loves and deserves him and doesn't get killed (bc I loved Sorscha but then she just had to go and get herself murdered...like it was her choice)

4. More backstory on Arobyn and Celeana tbh... I feel like a lot of the stuff so far is half implied, half "lets leave out some details to reveal later"shy thing going on... I really want to see/read all the deep hidden stuff in their relationship..

Yaas. The countdown is on my friends, we are so close. Less than a week left. *fistpump*
MY GOD I JUST HAVE FRIDAY AND THE WEEKEND AND THEN MONDAY AND THEN PUBLICATION PARTY YES WELL PARTY AND FREAK OUT

To be honest, I felt the same way with Arobynn. It was kind of left out of their relationship as well as their history, even in The Assassin's Blade. I really think there should be more on that. Also, I think there should be more scenes with Aedion in Queen of Shadows because I need to get a fully in depth evaluation of him tbh.

Nopenopenope Doraena

Sorry but DORIAN IS BAE

is anyone else super excited for Manon? I don't know why some people just don't like her. She's mothereffing badass! She's like a Dark Daenerys and Dany is epic.

I want some more scenes with Fleetfoot too omg!

BUT GUYS MORE ACTION AMIRITE.

There wasn't much action in book three but book four I'm hoping im hoping.
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Old 08-27-2015, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Guysssss we need to have a QOS publication party or something >

idk really but here are 4 things I need from QOS otherwise I might just sit here and die for a few days.

1. CHAOLEANA- 'buff said.

2. Aedion and Aelin reuniting- with tears and happiness and feels and yes

3. Dorian needs some lovin'- I feel like my poor child Dorian just keeps getting dissed.. he needs someone who truly loves and deserves him and doesn't get killed (bc I loved Sorscha but then she just had to go and get herself murdered...like it was her choice)

4. More backstory on Arobyn and Celeana tbh... I feel like a lot of the stuff so far is half implied, half "lets leave out some details to reveal later"shy thing going on... I really want to see/read all the deep hidden stuff in their relationship..

Yaas. The countdown is on my friends, we are so close. Less than a week left. *fistpump*
YEs QOS party!
I'm reading the assassin's blade right now (before QOS) and so far it has a lot more details about Celaena and Arobynn.
Old 08-27-2015, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
I have found my people.

Seeeee I don't see why you guys like Chaol. Chaol is kind of a jerk to be honest. In Crown of Midnight, he just kept going back and back and back to Celaena like he could only count on her and not on himself while Dorian has a stable piece of mind even if he is a Valg right now whichIA MXJV MAD ABOUT WQRVVKJNSDSBKJSVDJKHDSHKVSDJKHSDV

I really think that Chaol should be with someone else! Or omg! Can Celaena and Rowan just hook up? That'd be fine with me, or Celaena could travel into one of these Otherworlds and be with Tamlin hahaha

Well the thing about Dorian is, the only time he and Celaena really had a romantic relationship was in Throne of Glass, and that was more of a teenage infatuation. They were never as commited and in love with one another as Chaol and Celaena. At least Celaena wasn't. There were times when I felt like Dorian was in love with Celaena, but she didn't feel the same way.

And also, I feel like one of Sorscha's reasons for being in Heir of Fire was to help Dorian get over Celaena. Dorian's relationship with Sorscha was much better and developed and serious than his feelings for Celaena. Now after Heir of Fire, Dorian really knows what it's like to love someone romantically.

So this could go a few ways. The two I have in mind are:

Dorian tries to win Celaena back, now that he knows how to love, and what love is. Or

Dorian is actually over Celaena, like he claims to be in Crown of Midnight. I also remember at the end of Crown of Midnight, before Celaena departs for Wendlyn, she tells Chaol that she will always choose him. At least I think that's what she said.

As for Rowan, he seems more like a loyal friend to Celaena. Like after she conquers Erilea and everything is right, he will be like her right hand man. He was the first person of her court.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Well the thing about Dorian is, the only time he and Celaena really had a romantic relationship was in Throne of Glass, and that was more of a teenage infatuation. They were never as commited and in love with one another as Chaol and Celaena. At least Celaena wasn't. There were times when I felt like Dorian was in love with Celaena, but she didn't feel the same way.

And also, I feel like one of Sorscha's reasons for being in Heir of Fire was to help Dorian get over Celaena. Dorian's relationship with Sorscha was much better and developed and serious than his feelings for Celaena. Now after Heir of Fire, Dorian really knows what it's like to love someone romantically.

Dorian tries to win Celaena back, now that he knows how to love, and what love is. Or

Dorian is actually over Celaena, like he claims to be in Crown of Midnight. I also remember at the end of Crown of Midnight, before Celaena departs for Wendlyn, she tells Chaol that she will always choose him. At least I think that's what she said.

As for Rowan, he seems more like a loyal friend to Celaena. Like after she conquers Erilea and everything is right, he will be like her right hand man. He was the first person of her court.
I see where you're coming from, but I still believe that Aelin just finds it hard to love right now because of the things she's going through. Maybe after realising how big a deal it is that Dorian has become a Valg that she'll feel something for him. Not just love, but someone platonic before it turns out actually being something. I really want to see something like that happen.

As for Sorscha, I don't believe that'd be a likely reason for them to fall in love. One reason is because that would be to sort of drive him away from Aelin, like she is nothing to him but a friend, which I don't like about Sorscha. The other thing is that they're not supposed to have fallen in love, and Dorian knew that.

Yeah, she did say that, but... She is still trying to realise her identity. Maybe she might not even fall in love until book five with someone. I'm not sure, I just think she needs to retrieve the Wyrdkey from Arobynn, possibly slap Tern a little bit, meet up with Ansel and possibly see more of Lysandra.
Taking best guesses
Before all the stains
Old 08-27-2015, 05:41 PM

Quote:
I have found my people.

MY GOD I JUST HAVE FRIDAY AND THE WEEKEND AND THEN MONDAY AND THEN PUBLICATION PARTY YES WELL PARTY AND FREAK OUT

To be honest, I felt the same way with Arobynn. It was kind of left out of their relationship as well as their history, even in The Assassin's Blade. I really think there should be more on that. Also, I think there should be more scenes with Aedion in Queen of Shadows because I need to get a fully in depth evaluation of him tbh.

Nopenopenope Doraena

Sorry but DORIAN IS BAE

is anyone else super excited for Manon? I don't know why some people just don't like her. She's mothereffing badass! She's like a Dark Daenerys and Dany is epic.

I want some more scenes with Fleetfoot too omg!

BUT GUYS MORE ACTION AMIRITE.

There wasn't much action in book three but book four I'm hoping im hoping.
UGH NO. Listen, so personally I think Chaol is one of the most loyal people in TOG and HEAR ME OUT BEFORE WE SQUABBLE. First off, Dorian had his choice of friends, and Chaol was the only one who really was there for him and understands him, no? I truly believe that Chaol would but Dorian before anyone else, as would Dorian if the situation switched *coughcoughendofHOF*. Chaol knows the importance of loyalty and truthfulness. Chaol stood and reached out his hand for Celanea at the end of TOG when Dorian would not. Chaol risked his position to be with Celaena...

well until that incident and okay hear me out, I feel like Chaol just felt like he needed to still be somehow loyalish to the king to be with Celaena. I really do think he didn't tell Celaena about Nehemia because he wanted to protect in in his way of sorts bc he believed that if she interfered somehow, someway (as all kings ddo) he would find out and they would both be killed.

And my lord even after Celeana flipping told Chaol that she hated him, he still found it in his beautiful heart to love her! And although he knows nothing will be the same between them because of the incident and Celeana being all fire and magical and monster-ey, he still believes in her. That's really my main jiggy, Chaol believed in Celeana at a time when no one really did.

And about Manon... I am excited to see her incorporated to the story. The main reason I didn't like her is because her plot line was so different from the normal flow of the story.. tbh i just wanted to cuddle with my chararcters, I didn't care about Manon and her evil weird grandmother.

AND MORE ACTION. PLEASE.

Quote:

I hope to TOG's gods that Dorian is over Celeana. He needs to stop searching for love, because I feel like before this book is over the perfect love will sneak up on him and I hope it lasts

(finding neverland)
Old 08-27-2015, 05:44 PM

Quote:
I see where you're coming from, but I still believe that Aelin just finds it hard to love right now because of the things she's going through. Maybe after realising how big a deal it is that Dorian has become a Valg that she'll feel something for him. Not just love, but someone platonic before it turns out actually being something. I really want to see something like that happen.

As for Sorscha, I don't believe that'd be a likely reason for them to fall in love. One reason is because that would be to sort of drive him away from Aelin, like she is nothing to him but a friend, which I don't like about Sorscha. The other thing is that they're not supposed to have fallen in love, and Dorian knew that.

Yeah, she did say that, but... She is still trying to realise her identity. Maybe she might not even fall in love until book five with someone. I'm not sure, I just think she needs to retrieve the Wyrdkey from Arobynn, possibly slap Tern a little bit, meet up with Ansel and possibly see more of Lysandra.
I have this deep gut feeling about Celeana though... I feel like Sarah Maas is going to kill us all and pull the "Team Celeana" card at the end and she will end up with nobody in the end of the book and have everyone stand behind her as friends, not beside her as her equal other half of her soul if you get what I mean.. although I don't want this to happen its a gut feeling.... PLEASE SARAH DON'T, CHAOL IS THE MAN.

And I am a sucker for bringing back old characters, especially the two lovely characters of Ansel and Lysandra. That would be fun, put them and Celeana in a room and see what happens.

(finding neverland)
Old 08-27-2015, 08:35 PM

Quote:
I have this deep gut feeling about Celeana though... I feel like Sarah Maas is going to kill us all and pull the "Team Celeana" card at the end and she will end up with nobody in the end of the book and have everyone stand behind her as friends, not beside her as her equal other half of her soul if you get what I mean.. although I don't want this to happen its a gut feeling.... PLEASE SARAH DON'T, CHAOL IS THE MAN.

And I am a sucker for bringing back old characters, especially the two lovely characters of Ansel and Lysandra. That would be fun, put them and Celeana in a room and see what happens.
Sometimes I feel like she will do that with Celaena, but then I think that maybe she wouldn't. First off, Celaena is in love with Chaol. The only way to stop her from being with Chaol in the end (not just the end of the series but the actual end of their life) is for one of them to die.
This better not happen or I will also die inside, and I probably won't speak to anyone for like a year.
And I feel so bad for Dorian. Like first he loses Celaena to Chaol (don't get me wrong, I ship Chaolaena), and then he loses Sorscha, and then he becomes a Valg or whatever its called. I really hope that he isn't controlled by the King during the entire fourth book, because his POV's were some of my favorite in Heir of Fire.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Sometimes I feel like she will do that with Celaena, but then I think that maybe she wouldn't. First off, Celaena is in love with Chaol. The only way to stop her from being with Chaol in the end (not just the end of the series but the actual end of their life) is for one of them to die.
This better not happen or I will also die inside, and I probably won't speak to anyone for like a year.
And I feel so bad for Dorian. Like first he loses Celaena to Chaol (don't get me wrong, I ship Chaolaena), and then he loses Sorscha, and then he becomes a Valg or whatever its called. I really hope that he isn't controlled by the King during the entire fourth book, because his POV's were some of my favorite in Heir of Fire.
I know, I know, but the third time I read HOF each mention of Chaol in Celeana's mind seemed to be a burden... when I have time I will look up the quotes but to my utter despair (don't get me wrong I still vow for their love) Celeana seems to be slowly healing over the scars of Chaol hurting her... which I feel like their love is something they will never get back. (However they can totally come together as two wounded people seeking refuge.. in each other HAH i found an escape lets go Chaoleana).

THIS IS MY GUT FEELING THAT I DO NOT WANT TO HAPPEN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. Just saying' this because I feel like that is what is going to occur.

(finding neverland)
Old 08-28-2015, 03:05 AM

Also, does anyone think that in each one of these books, one character is kinda depressed? First it was Celaena and now it's Dorian. I mean, it's not completely depressed as much as cruel and evil and dark and twisted, but how can you not be depressed at that stage? I'm rereading for the third time right now on Heir of Fire and I feel like another character, hopefully evil, will become depressed. For some reason.

Also, the goddess's prayers in HoF... That will definitely come up in QOS no doubt about it, especially since the events that are happening right now are going to change Aelin's life. Btw I'm sorry not sorry but im calling her Aelin now.

And I've started to think about my ships... I think I ship Aelin and Celaena. One part of her is fully grown and yet completely covered by the fact that she is also the other part which is the badass Fae Queen that is Aelin Ashryver Galathynius. CELAELINA. And don't get me wrong I love Dorian and Chaol to bits, but Celaena and Aelin are what makes this series completely immersive and beautiful.

Also can we just talk about the fact that Duke Perrington has Kaltain Rompier and Roland Havilliard, cousin to the king? IN MORATH, where Lord Perrington owns the place! Isn't that just a whole another thing to think about? This world is so huge and I can't wait to see what else happens inside it!

I also want to talk about the future of Orynth. My theories are mostly... theories, I guess, speculations that somehow Aelin's uprising will bring upon her own ruling of Orynth by claiming, thus retrieving it from Arobynn Hamel, King of the Assassins, pretty much this grand lord of one of the Assassin's Guilds in Rifthold, claiming the third Wyrdkey, I think correct me if I'm wrong but im pretty sure it is the third, where it is located in the Amulet of Orynth.

Now, an uprising is very very big, a largely successful thing if things go in order for the upriser. Aelin's possessions and dedication toward the Amulet is gaining desperately from Heir of Fire to now, so I'm wondering whether or not this will stumble and trip her down or keep her going, but I am hoping that she gets back up on her feet.

Now, even though we did get a lot of magic in Heir of Fire, it is obvious that Aelin is more or less trained in Magic by the aid of Rowan Whitethorn. I do believe that somewhere in the series, magic will be unbanned due to the fact that there has to be some great battle between the king and Aelin. So perhaps the fifth book will tell us more about magic before showing us the revelations and unravelling of magic, the banned continent, and the histories of the continent before magic was banned. Even though there has already been some history stated, I would like a more in depth view from SJM on it.

This is only some of the few things that could happen later on! We have 600+ paged books coming for us, if length of the book is still steady for books 5 and 6. Both of which I cannot wait for. Extremely pumped for more worldbuilding.

Also, who else loved the Maeve backstory about how she wanted to claim the Wyrdkeys as her own before Brannon seized them from her, fled and hid them because of Athril being killed by Maeve? I thought that was so interestingly written! And thought out, too. But then again I hate the King of Adarlan's, the current king's, idea of stealing the Wyrdkey from Elena's coffin. How disrespectful and cruel. I love that we got glimpses of magic in the books, especially Mort and the portal and the demons. They were really cool. I'd also like some more info on Erawan.

What he have so far of him is the Battle of Ruhnn. That's what I'm calling it from now on, haha.

And also Gavin! Gavin Havilliard. The first king of Adarlan and the founder, basically the founder even if he was given it by Brannon Galathynius, of the territory. I loved the idea of him falling in love with Elena Galathynius, the idea of Damaris and how he and Elena and defeated Erawan in the Ruhnn Mountains! And being Dorian's childhood hero... My sweet sweet Dorian... Gavin was supposedly loved by all, like Galan, apparently, the Crown Prince of Wendlyn. Am I the only person who wants Dorian, once he unValgs, to find another prince and share feelings with them without being killed? Aha.

As for Galan, we hadn't gotten much of him and I don't suspect us even getting much of him because of reasons. Though, in Heir of Fire, Galan Ashryver is described as having "olive skin and dark hair," which obviously is (was) the nearly similar appearance of Nehemia. Then, he has those turquoise eyes, similar to Aelin's. Oh, the similarities. As Aelin had described, they could have set their faces upon the world, prince and princess of Wendlyn. Oh, but only if. And meanwhile, Galan still beams whilst doing blockade running.

Now, the half of this is Nehemia, originally named Anuksun in Queen of Glass, Nehemia Ytger who I have some theories that her history might affect the future books for some reason. A minor theory but a theory in all. Nehemia Ytger, as being a princess, must have had the royal life. I do feel really sorry for her, not just because of the middle of Crown of Midnight, but because of the fact that she was being looked down on by Chaol and Kaltain Rompier specifically.

For more differing personalities, Rowan Whitethorn... He was a cadre. A cadre sworn to protect the Fae Realm forever and protect and serve Maeve, that loathing arrogance of a woman. Cold hearted, that one. I loved how we got more on the others: Gavriel, Lorcan, Vaughan, Fenrys and Connall. It must be hard for Lorcan, the leader of the cadre. Rowan, though, seems to connect with these five, obviously, and I love that connection!

Man, I still have so much to talk about. The Ferian Gap, the ending of the series, wyverns, Manon, the Ironteeth and Yellowlegs and the Blackbeak Clans, the High Witch being Manon's own grandmother! Speaking of Manon, her history is a bit insane! She was taken from her mother's arms to be put in the aid and care (yeah right) of Mother Blackbeak, her grandmother, to become the heir of the Clan. If I had those eyes flecked with gold, I would be scared for life when I grew to be known as the heir to a Witch Clan.

These Witches are clearly stated as brutal. Ripping out tongues, spilling throats across the floor. Brutality is clearly shown throughout Heir of Fire, and Manon is on top of her crap when it comes to these things. I mean, she has so much potential to become one of the best female characters in this series along with Aelin Ashryver Galathynius.

The gore is also represented in the Games and the fact that one of the Witches, unknown as of now, had helped Ansel in the White Fang Mountains. Creepy, huh? This tension is going to build up so much until it explodes across the pages of the books. I can see it coming now.

I've always wanted to go back to the scene with the demons in ToG and maybe catch a description of the offspring of the demons and the Fae, being the Ironteeth Witches. If that wasn't noted, poo, but that would have been really cool! We haven't got as much on the Bluebloods, but oh well. I was excited for more to compare the Witches but I can live with that, haha. We have got some on Petrah, the heir to the Bluebloods.

Lastly, for this post anyway, there are wizards. Not much on them, but they are the good side to the opposed side of demons and their darker powers thus creating Manon's goriness and brutal actions in Heir of Fire. The Crochans, this is before the Ironteeth came along, had been a part of the land and the world had once been glorious and new and beautiful before the Ironteeth did happen to come along, the demons and the Fae creating them. Gods, think of the terror that would come with it! I'd like to know your thoughts on it. I'm going to reread The Assassin and the Desert because I think I remember Ansel mentioning this in the novella, if I'm correct.
Taking best guesses
Before all the stains
Old 08-28-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Also, does anyone think that in each one of these books, one character is kinda depressed? First it was Celaena and now it's Dorian. I mean, it's not completely depressed as much as cruel and evil and dark and twisted, but how can you not be depressed at that stage? I'm rereading for the third time right now on Heir of Fire and I feel like another character, hopefully evil, will become depressed. For some reason.

Also, the goddess's prayers in HoF... That will definitely come up in QOS no doubt about it, especially since the events that are happening right now are going to change Aelin's life. Btw I'm sorry not sorry but im calling her Aelin now.

And I've started to think about my ships... I think I ship Aelin and Celaena. One part of her is fully grown and yet completely covered by the fact that she is also the other part which is the badass Fae Queen that is Aelin Ashryver Galathynius. CELAELINA. And don't get me wrong I love Dorian and Chaol to bits, but Celaena and Aelin are what makes this series completely immersive and beautiful.

Also can we just talk about the fact that Duke Perrington has Kaltain Rompier and Roland Havilliard, cousin to the king? IN MORATH, where Lord Perrington owns the place! Isn't that just a whole another thing to think about? This world is so huge and I can't wait to see what else happens inside it!

I also want to talk about the future of Orynth. My theories are mostly... theories, I guess, speculations that somehow Aelin's uprising will bring upon her own ruling of Orynth by claiming, thus retrieving it from Arobynn Hamel, King of the Assassins, pretty much this grand lord of one of the Assassin's Guilds in Rifthold, claiming the third Wyrdkey, I think correct me if I'm wrong but im pretty sure it is the third, where it is located in the Amulet of Orynth.

Now, an uprising is very very big, a largely successful thing if things go in order for the upriser. Aelin's possessions and dedication toward the Amulet is gaining desperately from Heir of Fire to now, so I'm wondering whether or not this will stumble and trip her down or keep her going, but I am hoping that she gets back up on her feet.

Now, even though we did get a lot of magic in Heir of Fire, it is obvious that Aelin is more or less trained in Magic by the aid of Rowan Whitethorn. I do believe that somewhere in the series, magic will be unbanned due to the fact that there has to be some great battle between the king and Aelin. So perhaps the fifth book will tell us more about magic before showing us the revelations and unravelling of magic, the banned continent, and the histories of the continent before magic was banned. Even though there has already been some history stated, I would like a more in depth view from SJM on it.

This is only some of the few things that could happen later on! We have 600+ paged books coming for us, if length of the book is still steady for books 5 and 6. Both of which I cannot wait for. Extremely pumped for more worldbuilding.

Also, who else loved the Maeve backstory about how she wanted to claim the Wyrdkeys as her own before Brannon seized them from her, fled and hid them because of Athril being killed by Maeve? I thought that was so interestingly written! And thought out, too. But then again I hate the King of Adarlan's, the current king's, idea of stealing the Wyrdkey from Elena's coffin. How disrespectful and cruel. I love that we got glimpses of magic in the books, especially Mort and the portal and the demons. They were really cool. I'd also like some more info on Erawan.

What he have so far of him is the Battle of Ruhnn. That's what I'm calling it from now on, haha.

And also Gavin! Gavin Havilliard. The first king of Adarlan and the founder, basically the founder even if he was given it by Brannon Galathynius, of the territory. I loved the idea of him falling in love with Elena Galathynius, the idea of Damaris and how he and Elena and defeated Erawan in the Ruhnn Mountains! And being Dorian's childhood hero... My sweet sweet Dorian... Gavin was supposedly loved by all, like Galan, apparently, the Crown Prince of Wendlyn. Am I the only person who wants Dorian, once he unValgs, to find another prince and share feelings with them without being killed? Aha.

As for Galan, we hadn't gotten much of him and I don't suspect us even getting much of him because of reasons. Though, in Heir of Fire, Galan Ashryver is described as having "olive skin and dark hair," which obviously is (was) the nearly similar appearance of Nehemia. Then, he has those turquoise eyes, similar to Aelin's. Oh, the similarities. As Aelin had described, they could have set their faces upon the world, prince and princess of Wendlyn. Oh, but only if. And meanwhile, Galan still beams whilst doing blockade running.

Now, the half of this is Nehemia, originally named Anuksun in Queen of Glass, Nehemia Ytger who I have some theories that her history might affect the future books for some reason. A minor theory but a theory in all. Nehemia Ytger, as being a princess, must have had the royal life. I do feel really sorry for her, not just because of the middle of Crown of Midnight, but because of the fact that she was being looked down on by Chaol and Kaltain Rompier specifically.

For more differing personalities, Rowan Whitethorn... He was a cadre. A cadre sworn to protect the Fae Realm forever and protect and serve Maeve, that loathing arrogance of a woman. Cold hearted, that one. I loved how we got more on the others: Gavriel, Lorcan, Vaughan, Fenrys and Connall. It must be hard for Lorcan, the leader of the cadre. Rowan, though, seems to connect with these five, obviously, and I love that connection!

Man, I still have so much to talk about. The Ferian Gap, the ending of the series, wyverns, Manon, the Ironteeth and Yellowlegs and the Blackbeak Clans, the High Witch being Manon's own grandmother! Speaking of Manon, her history is a bit insane! She was taken from her mother's arms to be put in the aid and care (yeah right) of Mother Blackbeak, her grandmother, to become the heir of the Clan. If I had those eyes flecked with gold, I would be scared for life when I grew to be known as the heir to a Witch Clan.

These Witches are clearly stated as brutal. Ripping out tongues, spilling throats across the floor. Brutality is clearly shown throughout Heir of Fire, and Manon is on top of her crap when it comes to these things. I mean, she has so much potential to become one of the best female characters in this series along with Aelin Ashryver Galathynius.

The gore is also represented in the Games and the fact that one of the Witches, unknown as of now, had helped Ansel in the White Fang Mountains. Creepy, huh? This tension is going to build up so much until it explodes across the pages of the books. I can see it coming now.

I've always wanted to go back to the scene with the demons in ToG and maybe catch a description of the offspring of the demons and the Fae, being the Ironteeth Witches. If that wasn't noted, poo, but that would have been really cool! We haven't got as much on the Bluebloods, but oh well. I was excited for more to compare the Witches but I can live with that, haha. We have got some on Petrah, the heir to the Bluebloods.

Lastly, for this post anyway, there are wizards. Not much on them, but they are the good side to the opposed side of demons and their darker powers thus creating Manon's goriness and brutal actions in Heir of Fire. The Crochans, this is before the Ironteeth came along, had been a part of the land and the world had once been glorious and new and beautiful before the Ironteeth did happen to come along, the demons and the Fae creating them. Gods, think of the terror that would come with it! I'd like to know your thoughts on it. I'm going to reread The Assassin and the Desert because I think I remember Ansel mentioning this in the novella, if I'm correct.
Okay so there are the three towers in Erilea, right? They found that out in Heir of Fire. And those three towers have been used to "broadcast" whatever took away magic all over the continent. And the clock tower in Rifthold is one of them. So all they have to do to get magic back is destroy the clock tower.

They demonstrated how taking away one tower would break the signal for all three in Heir of Fire somewhere. I remember it was Chaol - Dorian scene.

I may not have a problem with Dorian being endgame, but only if Sarah makes me believe that they fall in love, and makes me feel it like I did for Chaol and Celaena.

If that happens. Then I'm all for Celaena and Dorian. I don't even know what their ship name is.

And to be honest, I don't ship Celaena - Aelin, though I do want them to become one. I don't want Celaena to feel like she is split into two, because that's basically how she is at the moment.

One half of her is the assassin.

The other half is a Queen.

I want her to just merge and be some sort of assassin queen badass. That would be life. And I feel like a small part of Celaena has accepted that she is also Aelin, though not all of her. If she is going to lead this uprising, she needs to completely accept who she is--not just to herself--but to everyone else in Erilea.

Last edited by Garrett; 08-28-2015 at 03:48 PM.

Tags
hipster manorian shipper, i fucking love nesta, lil cinnomonroll nesta, lysandra x aedion, rowaelin ftw