Quantcast Organization and Discussion for Gateway NES - Page 23 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2018, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
Oh btw Luna I like your TED talk lol. So, are we doing anything or?
Haha thanks and honestly idk. The last post on the NES that was part of the actual story is mine I think?? I have yet to check it today tho so someone else may have posted since then lol

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Old 09-19-2018, 12:39 AM

Hey someone go add to the NES before yet another restart initiates. I posted picking up where the wikia left off bc i refuse to go along with the only two surviving posts up on the NES itself (sorry, kiddos who posted those)

- the blue-haired kid is named Rory and i haven't decided on a gender for them yet. or literally anything i just needed a character there to move the story. they're a little shy and dorky.

- i might have lied about Rory being inpermanent.

- Here's The Link to the McFUcking Wikia, AGAIN; https://gateway-nes.wikia.com/wiki/The_NES_Story_(2018)
Down and out and missing home

(So beat a little louder now
I can't hear you anymore)
-Barns Courntey
Old 09-20-2018, 12:26 AM

Alright folks, here's what's up for the NES
  • We're officially dumping every single character except Gary and Liz. It took way too much time the last go 'round to who was staying and who needed files and who got to suck it. And we never finished that discussion anyways. Aside from that, a lot of the characters belong to kpers who no longer participate in the NES, and without their creators these characters are basically just puppets.
  • If you have a character that you want to bring back, that's fine, just say so and they'll be written back into the story. Ena has already said they want to keep Mallory, and I'll probably bring back Freak. As long as you're going to be responsible for the characters you bring back it's fine. But there's no reason to sit here debating the merits of every single character and whether or not they should return to the story, especially if there's no one to write them properly.
Thus far, we have these characters (roster will be updated with the addition of characters as the story progresses):

- Gary
- Liz
- Mallory (to be added)
- Freak (to be added)
- Rory

• As far as arcs and plotting goes, I don't think we should think about anything further ahead than the first arc until we have our feet under us. The NES is moving slowly enough right now that we'll definitely have time to stop at the end of each arc and discuss what we want to happen in the next arc.
  • Ena and I were talking and an arc where Gary and Liz try to get back to the mansion and get caught up in a conflict in the dimension* they're trapped in is what we came up with. How does that sound to you guys?
*As far as that dimension goes, I tried to do as little worldbuilding as possible to leave room for you guys to do your thing, but I had to do some for Rory's backstory and the bare bones of it is;

- they probably have very advanced medical technology.

- the predators aren't afraid of the natives
- I imagine Rory as being part of a monk village or something so there's that.
  • That's all I can think of for now. Feel free to give you're own input!
  • ALSO PLEASE ADD TO THE NES
  • that is all. Have a nice day.

Down and out and missing home

(So beat a little louder now
I can't hear you anymore)
-Barns Courntey

Tags
justin was here too, luna was here, nes, poliwog, sy was here ;), what is my life