jake

zeus is my dad
he’s king and stuff
i try to impress him but it’s never enough
so instead i try to act silly and tough
oh no
also he treats women badly and doesnt think twice
but i am the screwup well isnt that nice

(a little ooc for him to actually admit he thinks this but i like it)

ami

my mom is khione
goddess of snow
she kidnaps halfbloods when she’s feeling low
she needs some new hobbies or at least to grow
oh no
i think that my mom needs to chill out
but that is a subject let’s not talk about

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Old 06-12-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten View Post
nice!!

here’s jake and ami’s (still cant think of one for alice tho):

jake

zeus is my dad
he’s king and stuff
i try to impress him but it’s never enough
so instead i try to act silly and tough
oh no
also he treats women badly and doesnt think twice
but i am the screwup well isnt that nice

(a little ooc for him to actually admit he thinks this but i like it)

ami

my mom is khione
goddess of snow
she kidnaps halfbloods when she’s feeling low
she needs some new hobbies or at least to grow
oh no
i think that my mom needs to chill out
but that is a subject let’s not talk about
yeah Alexander’s original one was like way too depressing for him to admit lol even him mentioning his dad at all is sorta ooc but yknow.
Also these are awesome, why are you so good at them
Old 06-12-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
yeah Alexander’s original one was like way too depressing for him to admit lol even him mentioning his dad at all is sorta ooc but yknow.
Also these are awesome, why are you so good at them
aww thanks!!

but for real im gonna like draw this or something bc the idea is so cute

Waving through a window
Old 06-13-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten View Post
aww thanks!!

but for real im gonna like draw this or something bc the idea is so cute
Oooo ye do it
Old 06-17-2019, 07:11 PM

Default Finished Seraphine's new form!

Name: Séraphine Briser
Gender/Sexuality: Greygender female, aroflux asexual
Appearance: Séraphine is 5’5” and about 115 pounds, making her slightly underweight. She has some curves and a moderate bust, but is generally best-described as slim. Her hair is a fiery copper color; it has natural beach waves and goes to her mid-back. It's parted to the left side and is usually smooth and pretty shiny because she uses product. She usually wears it either just down, or half-up half-down. Usually, if it’s something more complicated than that, it’s one of her brothers who did her hair. (Nike cabin boys: secret hair experts.) Her eyes are a slightly greenish blue-grey color, and her lashes are long but light in color so they aren’t super noticeable unless close up or she’s wearing mascara. This is frequently, as she enjoys wearing light makeup. Séra wears glasses pretty much all the time unless she's hanging out in her cabin. Her face is somewhere between oval- and heart-shaped. Her nose is straight and has a high bridge. She is also usually sporting a French manicure. She has light freckles all over her face and body. She is typically quite fashionable, but sticks to a more simple casual style when at camp for practicality purposes, Typically she will wear jeans or other pants rather than shorts.
Personality: Pompous and self-centered, Séraphine can be difficult to get along with, although she often fakes cheer and polite interest to people she doesn’t know well, especially if they are older or have a higher social standing. She is typically magniloquent and projects an air of confidence. She is very proud, has a “resting bitchface”, and her father says she had been stubborn since the day she was born. She is a driven intellectual with myriad ambitions and is cripplingly perfectionistic. Her attitude is caustic and her general outlook on life could be described as idealistically pessimistic. Séra grew up a bookworm and is far more interested in fiction than reality. Towards the latter, she is little more than apathetic and disdainful, even with being a demigod. Besides her general apathy, she simultaneously finds the demigod life somewhat exciting and is afraid of the danger involved. The existence of the underworld does nothing to reduce her fear of death nor her sense of nihilism. Séraphine is a bookworm and an otaku with wide tastes, and almost always is referencing one of her fictional interests. If you share any of these interests, she is less likely to dislike you and may be more willing to speak with you. Her attitude fluctuates between high-energy and low-energy, competitive and lackadaisical. She has a lot of profound thoughts and could make a good conversation partner, but she is typically unwilling to share her genuine thoughts with others. She is slowly warming up to her brothers, however-- especially André, the person she is most willing to spend time with. She may not ever be great friends with the characters outside of her family, but she will come to accept her family as important to her and something to live and fight for.
Greek/Roman: Greek
Child of: Nike
Backstory: Her father is part-French and part-Irish, and he grew up and lived in England until he moved to America as an adult. He met Nike in the US and knew who she was, but never told Séra once she was born. Due to her father’s background, Séraphine carries a faint British accent, though it has faded due to growing up and interacting with American peers in the States. Séra grew up in far northern Maine in a nice house that is quite large considering only two people live there and her father often travels for work. He is typically not gone consecutively for more than two or three weeks at a time, but his absences add up to 6 or more months of the year. That’s not to say he’s neglectful as he spends as much time as possible when he is home and she considers herself fairly close with him. Friends and neighbors have always helped look after her in his absence, although now that she is older she mainly takes care of herself. She is currently in her first year at a new school, a boarding school in Portland (Maine) and travels home most weekends. Fairly frequently, her (half) brother André will pick her up from school and go home with her for the weekend. He lives in Boston with his father, but he doesn’t much enjoy being there and goes to Séra’s as an escape. Séra's first monster attack happened at 11-12, during the summer, and her father took her to camp. They had to keep avoiding monsters on the way, but they both made it out alive. Séra wasn’t claimed until after summer ended and she returned to school, so she spent a long while in the Hermes cabin. She returned the next summer knowing her mother and was immediately placed in the Nike cabin with her three older brothers. Also, Séra’s home area is rigged with many traps to keep out monsters but also intruders in general.
Powers: Children of Nike are naturally inclined to be more athletic and have better reflexes and agility, and Séra has particularly noticeable reflexes. Something Séra will eventually develop over the course of the story is the ability to manipulate an opponent’s drive for victory, being somewhat able to make the fight drain out of them or give an opponent an illusory sense of what needs to be done to achieve victory in order to make them mess up.
Special weapons: Pragmatic and so uses multiple weapons well-- various lengths of swords and daggers, fire weapons, traps, and bows and arrows. Prefers to use pre-set traps if possible so she can be as uninvolved as possible.
Other: Called Séra by close friends. Is offended when a non-close-friend calls her Séra. She plays bass guitar and sings.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:00 AM

I just came up with this child because I only have one character on this thread so far because I keep forgetting

Name: Payton Parker
Sexuality: demiromantic asexual
Appearance: Payton has light brown, usually straight hair that goes just below her shoulders, but it's usually tied back with a hair tie low on her back. She has very pale skin and a variety of freckles dusting her cheeks, but they aren't too prominent. She usually wears a long sleeve blue sweatshirt and black leggings or dark jeans with a thin brown belt that she keeps her sword sheathed on. She doesn't really care about the summer heat. She's 5'4'' with a flat chest and few curves. She has those sea-green eyes you'd expect for a daughter of Neptune.
Personality: Payton has gone to understand and cope with the little respect she earns at Camp Jupiter, and somewhat uses it to her advantage. Doesn't talk much because she's usually lost in thought, usually contemplating something like sneaking out at night or climbing on top of something she's not supposed to. She doesn't pay much attention to rules but never really gets caught for anything either. She doesn't talk to many people and would rather be hanging out by the Little Tiber than with you any day. She talks to little Julia a lot, even though she doesn't to anyone else, for some reason and has a soft spot for little kids. If you get her angry, which is quite hard to do, because at this point she practically ignores criticism, you'll never hear the end of it (and might drown in the process). She's non-verbally stubborn and might just ignore you alongside the rules if you try to enforce them too strongly. Tell her "this is not how you should act at camp"? You get a whole load of "I deserve more respect at camp, ya dumbnut". She's not an easy person to talk to but has an extremely strong will. She spends quite some time at the unicorn stables as well. The thing she really wants is someone to trust her, and that's her fatal flaw. She'll do anything if she feels like people are actually considering her decisions and making her not feel like nothing, meaning she can be tricked into helping bad people quite easily if she loses sight of what is going on and who's good and bad.
Greek/Roman: Roman
Child of: Neptune.
Backstory: She first went to Camp Jupiter when she was only 10 years old. Before that she lived a relatively quiet life with her mom (who is French-Canadian and Icelandic, and a tad Irish.) and little brother (she didn't know that they had a different father). She grew up speaking French Canadian and English and didn't quite understand that not all kids were raised like that. Her mom lived in Oregon for all of Payton's life but only ten or so years previously she moved in from Canada. Her mom's mother moved to Canada from Iceland where a long line of her distant family still remains. Her mother's father's family came mostly from Canada but his granfather came from Ireland with a strict family tree before that, making his whole family unusually pale. After Payton little brother's death due to a mystery sickness, Payton got upset and ran away from home. She stumbled upon New Rome almost entirely by mistake after a couple of weeks by travelling illegally by train from Oregon. The Romans quickly knew she was a demigod and her parent was revealed, and their respect for her strong personality quickly decreased. She didn't keep many of her original friends (y'all can be nice to her if you want to be one of her few friends). She joined the Fourth Cohort (with much protesting. They'd rather shove her into the Fifth.) She hasn't really left camp since besides the two times she ran off to go see the west coast.
Powers: Water, duh. Oh, and the unicorns. She's actually met a Greek pegasi before and abseloutly loved him but the Romans didn't let her keep him.
Special weapons: She has a thin sword and a shield. She keeps the sword sheathed on her belt most of the time and her shield appears as a wooden bracelet around her arm unless she flicks it in a certain way and mumbles something in Latin. Of course, she can't really have her sword inside the Pomeranian line but only people who have fought beside her know about the shield.
Other: Not really much. She's nothing special, but she is a legionnaire. She spends her spare time by the Little Tiber or the lake.

Last edited by Werty; 06-19-2019 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werty View Post
I just came up with this child because I only have one character on this thread so far because I keep forgetting

Name: Payton Parker
Sexuality: demiromantic asexual
Appearance: Payton has light brown, usually straight hair that goes just below her shoulders, but it's usually tied back with a hair tie low on her back. She has very pale skin and a variety of freckles dusting her cheeks, but they aren't too prominent. She usually wears a long sleeve blue sweatshirt and black leggings or dark jeans with a thin brown belt that she keeps her sword sheathed on. She doesn't really care about the summer heat. She's 5'4'' with a flat chest and few curves. She has those sea-green eyes you'd expect for a daughter of Neptune.
Personality: Payton has gone to understand and cope with the little respect she earns at Camp Jupiter, and somewhat uses it to her advantage. Doesn't talk much because she's usually lost in thought, usually contemplating something like sneaking out at night or climbing on top of something she's not supposed to. She doesn't pay much attention to rules but never really gets caught for anything either. She doesn't talk to many people and would rather be hanging out by the Little Tiber than with you any day. She talks to little Julia a lot, even though she doesn't to anyone else, for some reason and has a soft spot for little kids. If you get her angry, which is quite hard to do, because at this point she practically ignores criticism, you'll never hear the end of it (and might drown in the process). She's non-verbally stubborn and might just ignore you alongside the rules if you try to enforce them too strongly. Tell her "this is not how you should act at camp"? You get a whole load of "I deserve more respect at camp, ya dumbnut". She's not an easy person to talk to but has an extremely strong will. She spends quite some time at the unicorn stables as well. The thing she really wants is someone to trust her, and that's her fatal flaw. She'll do anything if she feels like people are actually considering her decisions and making her not feel like nothing, meaning she can be tricked into helping bad people quite easily if she loses sight of what is going on and who's good and bad.
Greek/Roman: Roman
Child of: Neptune.
Backstory: She first went to Camp Jupiter when she was only 10 years old. Before that she lived a relatively quiet life with her mom (who is French-Canadian and Icelandic, and a tad Irish.) and little brother (she didn't know that they had a different father). She grew up speaking French Canadian and English and didn't quite understand that not all kids were raised like that. Her mom lived in Oregon for all of Payton's life but only ten or so years previously she moved in from Canada. Her mom's mother moved to Canada from Iceland where a long line of her distant family still remains. Her mother's father's family came mostly from Canada but his granfather came from Ireland with a strict family tree before that, making his whole family unusually pale. After Payton little brother's death due to a mystery sickness, Payton got upset and ran away from home. She stumbled upon New Rome almost entirely by mistake after a couple of weeks by travelling illegally by train from Oregon. The Romans quickly knew she was a demigod and her parent was revealed, and their respect for her strong personality quickly decreased. She didn't keep many of her original friends (y'all can be nice to her if you want to be one of her few friends). She joined the Fourth Cohort (with much protesting. They'd rather shove her into the Fifth.) She hasn't really left camp since besides the two times she ran off to go see the west coast.
Powers: Water, duh. Oh, and the unicorns. She's actually met a Greek pegasi before and abseloutly loved him but the Romans didn't let her keep him.
Special weapons: She has a thin sword and a shield. She keeps the sword sheathed on her belt most of the time and her shield appears as a wooden bracelet around her arm unless she flicks it in a certain way and mumbles something in Latin. Of course, she can't really have her sword inside the Pomeranian line but only people who have fought beside her know about the shield.
Other: Not really much. She's nothing special, but she is a legionnaire. She spends her spare time by the Little Tiber or the lake.
Cool character! Love seeing more Romans~ (me nd Srav have several)
Speaking of the Roman cohorts, it gave me a cute idea about my Roman boys, see: how did unclaimed probatio with no family who has never been to the wolf house Lucca get into the second cohort? (tldr Emmerich said so and he's centurion)
(also lol forgive me for being vague on cj structure/etiquette I need to reread son of Neptune lol)

Romans appraising Lucca after Emmerich brings him back to camp, Lucca more or less shrinking behind Emmerich because he Does Not Like Attention (he isn't shy so much as he just Hates Attention) and theyre like "So where do we put him? Like we still have no idea who his parent is, he has no letters of recommendation, no prior training, and no living relatives"
"idk maybe just the fourth or fifth"
Emmerich speaks up like "No, he's second cohort"
Everyone is like "but why"
Emmerich is like "I'm centurion, I claim him for second cohort."
"can he do that" "I mean I guess"
"He's quick-thinking and shows a lot of potential, I want him in my cohort. Will that be a problem?"
the answer is no one can come up with a valid reason to disagree with the son of mars, longtime legionnaire and centurion who pretty much everyone respects, on this, so lucca joins the second
(and for his part, he strongly wants to be in Emmerich's cohort because Emmerich is the only person there he has any reason to trust even marginally)
Old 06-19-2019, 06:52 PM

Default plot stuff!! moved from old nes / the google drive

for reference, I'm bringing up old plans/ideas and like what things we might want to scrap or keep and we can open discussion about it while everyone works on characters n stuff

**UPDATING, WIP, POST WILL BE EDITED**
  • In the beginning people won't know about it, only the strange happenings that are occurring. We're going to send them on minor quests that happen to be connected all to Tartarus, and the final one will be the main quest to stop Tartarus. This was the original plan and I think it's still a good idea for the main villain/stakes
  • I've always sort of just had this headcanon in my mind that because fate has in store the rising of Tartarus, fate has also decreed (to the gods' knowledge or not) that there will be more powerful children of even more minor gods, in preparation for future threat.
  • In order to make sure the Romans join the Greeks in the quests,the plan was for Rachel (the Oracle) to give some sort of vague prophecy to ensure that the Romans and Greeks stick together. I'm sure there are other ways to make them stay but I think this is the strongest reason.
  • In the old NES, the reason a delegation of Romans is even around the Greeks in the first place is because of Eloise (Sravani's character). We could change the reasoning for the initial encounter between Greeks and Romans if we wished, and Eloise's plotline is Sravani's decision.
  • I have like a whole 3000 words of Zeke's perilous journey to camp, which I think is almost like a catalyst. Not to say that Zeke is more important than others, but perhaps that Zeke is specifically involved in some destiny or prophecy, which is fun because he would absolutely love not to be. He's a son of the titan Astraeus and on his journey to camp he is specifically and personally targeted so I'm thinking he must be important to some prophecy. I'd like to keep his plotline of coming to camp, it can be spliced into the story wherever it fits.
  • The battle with the nymphs was a big thing going on in the old one, which I think we should tone down but could still be incorporated if we like or even trashed if we don't.
  • Oh I'd like to keep the part where Zeke arrives at camp on his birthday, April 1, so we can structure the timeline around that
  • Some weird stuff will happen when Lucca gets claimed b/c his mother is Minerva and she's not supposed to have kids; this is going to be some plot-related mess. Emmerich will be protective over Lucca, standing up for him against Jupiter and his own father, BELIEVE IT. I'd definitely like this incorporated.
  • The general timeline of this within the Riordanverse has always been that Percy and all the other peeps are old enough to have gone to college and stuff, so they might visit sometime but probably aren't around much. Some nebulous future past the end of HoO.
  • Besides Tartarus, parent-child conflict! Cuz like the Olympians really like ignoring all their kids until they need them and expect a bunch of teenagers to always save the world and all that. Plus, tragic backstories, general parental issues and resentment.
  • One of the planned side quests / plot points is the gods having major disagreements a la The Lightning Thief because The Gods Always Do That and like could we focus on the real problem guys (BUT the gods don't know at all about the impending threat either so), this is also when it's planned for Lucca being a son of Minerva to be revealed
  • Me and Sravani are probably going to be wanting to bring back Athena's character Sierra, who could maybe be like a group character. She's important to some of our character's arcs and stuff and she was pretty central in the old nes. Sigh I also miss Athena rip.
  • How long is it going to take to defeat Tartarus overall? a year or two? i mean, we're going to have multiple quests leading up to the "boss battle" and all, and it will be awhile before the characters even figure out that Tartarus is the mastermind behind all of the stuff that's been happening. in the original percy jackson and the olympians series, it takes several years and several novels to defeat kronos, and similarly takes five books to defeat gaea (and the giants). it's not a particularly rushed or urgent matter, but it requires discussion at one point or another.
  • Food fight scene will be mandatory. Lol.

Sorry for going overboard!! We've just been really excited about this for a really long time and we're really dedicated to the concept we've built, but of course new ideas and suggestions for characters, plotlines, tweaks, and everything are welcome! We'll find a balance that works for everybody.

Last edited by SilverMoon; 07-02-2019 at 01:17 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:35 PM

speaking of Lucca's parentage, bringing back this gem from the old thread:

Quote:
Jupiter: you shouldn't exist
Lucca: ♫♫ how bout i do anyway ♫♫
Old 06-19-2019, 09:03 PM

cool cool! you guys put so much work into your character forms and I love all of your characters! I like all of the stuff on the reference-y thing that Ena made as well.

are we still having a food fight?

Waving through a window

Tags
hoo, i am stupid, kayla was here, pjo