Quantcast changing schools? - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 11-17-2014, 11:54 PM

Default changing schools?

hi guys im sorry this isn't very common but

im changing schools bc we're moving to another city at the beginning of next year (not even set in stone what school im going to) but im really scared because it's the middle of AU high school and i won't have any friends and stuff

im really stressed about it can anyone give me any advice??

thanks

clay
Old 11-18-2014, 12:34 AM

i suck at relationships, but i've moved a lot, so the best I can say is to understand that things take time. in elementary school, its easy to have people talk to you and become friends within a few days, but heaven knows what high school students will do (like, with everything). but i think if you recognize a situation where you need to be patient or if you can try to be assertive at making friends once you've passed this point of "i've waited and i think something should have happened now" you will do fine. and i also have experience with A LOT of long distance friendships even though I'm terrible at keeping in touch; but most importantly, just because you've moved doesn't mean you will fall away from your friends. if you subconsciously care about them enough, you will put some effort into communicating with them or you might find yourself thinking about them at randoms times. but don't hesitate to keep those friendships going (like i said, you'll subconsciously figure out which ones are important and which ones aren't...i think) if that makes any sense. TT^TT That's pretty terrible advice, i'm so sorry. i don't even know what i'm saying anymore, but i really hope the situation goes well for you.

and OMG i wish you were moving close to me but that's pretty impossible. you seem like a cool friend and i wish i could help more but, really, in person i could explain things way better. my mind moves so fast that i can hardly keep up with it when i speak, and i can never keep up with it when i write so whatever i'm saying doesn't make sense. but i'll keep an eye on you to see if your situation goes as well as you deserve. hugs and kisses, cutie.*hides because i'm pretty much talking to an attractive person* *oh gosh, what do i do* *i'm so shy* *imma stop talking now because i've rambled a lot already* XOXOXOXOX Clay
Old 11-18-2014, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoCat View Post
i suck at relationships, but i've moved a lot, so the best I can say is to understand that things take time. in elementary school, its easy to have people talk to you and become friends within a few days, but heaven knows what high school students will do (like, with everything). but i think if you recognize a situation where you need to be patient or if you can try to be assertive at making friends once you've passed this point of "i've waited and i think something should have happened now" you will do fine. and i also have experience with A LOT of long distance friendships even though I'm terrible at keeping in touch; but most importantly, just because you've moved doesn't mean you will fall away from your friends. if you subconsciously care about them enough, you will put some effort into communicating with them or you might find yourself thinking about them at randoms times. but don't hesitate to keep those friendships going (like i said, you'll subconsciously figure out which ones are important and which ones aren't...i think) if that makes any sense. TT^TT That's pretty terrible advice, i'm so sorry. i don't even know what i'm saying anymore, but i really hope the situation goes well for you.

and OMG i wish you were moving close to me but that's pretty impossible. you seem like a cool friend and i wish i could help more but, really, in person i could explain things way better. my mind moves so fast that i can hardly keep up with it when i speak, and i can never keep up with it when i write so whatever i'm saying doesn't make sense. but i'll keep an eye on you to see if your situation goes as well as you deserve. hugs and kisses, cutie.*hides because i'm pretty much talking to an attractive person* *oh gosh, what do i do* *i'm so shy* *imma stop talking now because i've rambled a lot already* XOXOXOXOX Clay

aaa thank you for replying!!! na i get what you mean with the subconsciously figuring relationships out ... i understand!!

aaa i wish i were moving closer to you .. i wish i wasn't in australia ): and omg!! ur a cool friend too!! keep being awesome bro
Old 11-21-2014, 10:35 PM

Meh lets just say people will find you
Be nice and not really pushy
Try to find nice ppl
um dont really shove yourself into a friendship bc then that person may be a little awkward

Sorry i really suck at advice bc ive moved to my new school for about a year and i sometimes still feel out of place at times even though i have quite a lot of friends. Try to make friends who seem like theyre nice

Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would.
You see?"

Last edited by Athenabrain1; 11-21-2014 at 10:36 PM. Reason: i am an idiot who does not know how to spell 'school' like a proper human
Old 11-24-2014, 06:00 PM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluzzle View Post
hi guys im sorry this isn't very common but

im changing schools bc we're moving to another city at the beginning of next year (not even set in stone what school im going to) but im really scared because it's the middle of AU high school and i won't have any friends and stuff

im really stressed about it can anyone give me any advice??

thanks

clay
I've just started at sixth form/college, so I've had to make new friends. Got to say, I don't put much effort in, but I'm getting there. It's hard for me because I misunderstand people quite often and wind up looking like an idiot.

What I've found with making friends is that there is no instruction guide. For me, it's overcoming certain difficulties I have with people, being funny when intended, and possibly copious amounts of sarcasm (so much so that there are now two entirely distinct groups of people on opposite sides of the world who refer to me as Rebecca HARSHall, as opposed to Marshall).

Friendship has no formula, it cannot be quantified or calculated and as such, there is no precise remedy that may create it, it just becomes, with time and, I suppose, work from both parties. You just have to find areas of common interest, fandoms, music, literature, things to converse over. Chat. Then again, I'm not great at making friends, and my knowledge of people is so-so, so don't take my advice too closely.

And now, cliche-o'clock, be yourself. Be yourself, no matter how insane that is, and I'm not saying you're insane, it's just a figure of speech. Be yourself. Don't put on some mask or lie, don't pretend to be someone else, because people should like you for who you are. It's a cliche, yes, but it's definitely helpful. Better to be interesting and eccentric than generic and dull.

I hope the move goes well, and I hope we can talk again soon because you're hella awesome and I miss chatting to you.

*online hug*
Old 11-26-2014, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca View Post
I've just started at sixth form/college, so I've had to make new friends. Got to say, I don't put much effort in, but I'm getting there. It's hard for me because I misunderstand people quite often and wind up looking like an idiot.

What I've found with making friends is that there is no instruction guide. For me, it's overcoming certain difficulties I have with people, being funny when intended, and possibly copious amounts of sarcasm (so much so that there are now two entirely distinct groups of people on opposite sides of the world who refer to me as Rebecca HARSHall, as opposed to Marshall).

Friendship has no formula, it cannot be quantified or calculated and as such, there is no precise remedy that may create it, it just becomes, with time and, I suppose, work from both parties. You just have to find areas of common interest, fandoms, music, literature, things to converse over. Chat. Then again, I'm not great at making friends, and my knowledge of people is so-so, so don't take my advice too closely.

And now, cliche-o'clock, be yourself. Be yourself, no matter how insane that is, and I'm not saying you're insane, it's just a figure of speech. Be yourself. Don't put on some mask or lie, don't pretend to be someone else, because people should like you for who you are. It's a cliche, yes, but it's definitely helpful. Better to be interesting and eccentric than generic and dull.

I hope the move goes well, and I hope we can talk again soon because you're hella awesome and I miss chatting to you.

*online hug*
I love Harshall, thats so brilliant.

thanks for the advice (: we should talk more!!
Old 01-27-2015, 03:54 PM

oh ny god its the first day im gonna throw up ababsbcncjnr
Old 01-27-2015, 04:05 PM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluzzle View Post
oh ny god its the first day im gonna throw up ababsbcncjnr
You will be fine it will go well because you are awesome.
I shall be there in spirit. No, really, I'm going to be present as a ghost so if you think anything funny today it was my spirit speaking to you.

Tags
changing schools, moving, school