Quantcast The Rant About What you're Writing Thread. - Page 34 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Story Ideas
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2016, 06:17 PM

"have you ever seen Eaton in the fall?"

"no"

"good. don't. you'll never be able to leave here if you do."

-some Fairhaven to Edmund Quarterman

-i found, amber run
Old 02-05-2016, 04:11 PM

okay I'm sure of it

Elizabeth was rly wild and drank too much and was generally an early 1900s wild child

and then she runs straight into Gratia

Gratia is an amazing person. She's valiant and headstrong and willing to go where no one has gone before.

She's also very conservative. And very Roman Catholic. There are problems already, although Gratia tries not to be judgemental.

In the meantime, drunk Elizabeth is being an utter turd to Gratia and rather more judgemental of Gratia than Gratia is of her.

Gratia basically drags Elizabeth to Eaton, where she basically dumps her on Cyrus. Poor Cyrus is all like "Gratia, wut???" and Gratia is utterly done with Elizabeth's turdishness

bc she is a turd rn

(bonus for Oliver walking into the room and seeing Elizabeth with her hangover whinging at Cyrus, Cyrus utterly confused, Gratia extremely annoyed, and then just turning around and walking off)

(bonus for little Roland making friends with Elizabeth)
(but refusing to sneak her brandy)
(bc ROLAND <333)

(bonus for Elizabeth calling everyone in the Fairhaven house "handsome," "darling," "love," and "honey" and basically being a tease)
(and Cyrus exploding with jealousy for he knows not why)
(and Elizabeth never teasing Cyrus like she does everyone else, not for a long time)
(she just hates him)
(or pretends to)

have you guessed that Elizabeth and Cyrus get married yet

-i found, amber run
Old 02-05-2016, 10:37 PM

ugghhh
so I need to edit my manuscript.
but I also need to take a break from it for a while and writing something different.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
ugghhh
so I need to edit my manuscript.
but I also need to take a break from it for a while and writing something different.
^^^^^ yes this so much

I'm not even done with draft one yet

but I feel your pain

-i found, amber run
Old 02-07-2016, 01:58 PM

while I'm writing I keep thinking of all the little events that came together to make this happen and I wish I could write it all

and i wish i didn't have to kill Ben

hE WAS SUPPOSED TO MARRY ARIANNE-POTATO AND MR. QUARTERMAN WOULD BE GLAD

BUT THEN HE DIED

WELL AT LEAST HE ASKED HER IF SHE WAS AN ANGEL

-i found, amber run
Old 02-07-2016, 04:36 PM

yAY FOR THOROUGH REWRITES AND HUMANIZING

you guys should read this

the icarus prophecy, prologue part i
Old 02-10-2016, 12:06 PM

Currently falling into the oblivion of my own tears. 0.0
So I whipped up this chapter of a new story last night (whipped up = two hours) and I was actually pretty proud of it. It was a bit abstract-ish and I've never really combined well with this genre.
So I go to post it, but realize that I still haven't pressed the "spell check" button. I press it and wait for it to load, which takes about two minutes, when I finally see the actually spell check flash. Then it goes back to loading...then flashes again. Loading. Flash. Loading. Flash.
At this point, I'm super stressed. I realize that the fans on my computer are busting out and that it's super hut. The spell check flashing continues.
After putting it outside and in the freezer (yeah, I know, it was my father's idea) it still continues to flash.
We have to shut it off, and know the story is down the drain.

*sigh* Sorry. I just needed to rant, and fortunately, there's a "The Rant About What You're Writing" thread.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklez5858 View Post
Currently falling into the oblivion of my own tears. 0.0
So I whipped up this chapter of a new story last night (whipped up = two hours) and I was actually pretty proud of it. It was a bit abstract-ish and I've never really combined well with this genre.
So I go to post it, but realize that I still haven't pressed the "spell check" button. I press it and wait for it to load, which takes about two minutes, when I finally see the actually spell check flash. Then it goes back to loading...then flashes again. Loading. Flash. Loading. Flash.
At this point, I'm super stressed. I realize that the fans on my computer are busting out and that it's super hut. The spell check flashing continues.
After putting it outside and in the freezer (yeah, I know, it was my father's idea) it still continues to flash.
We have to shut it off, and know the story is down the drain.

*sigh* Sorry. I just needed to rant, and fortunately, there's a "The Rant About What You're Writing" thread.
I am so sorry. That is a terrible terrible feeling.

-i found, amber run
Old 02-11-2016, 10:49 PM

May I take a moment of your time to tell you about the Fairhaven ladies?

Weeko is Weeko. The first to have the anomaly in the brain known later as the "preacher's gift." She and Bennett Eccleston loved each other enough for her to break away from her culture and marry him.

Onawa is... She's got that long black hair of her mother's, and she, despite being half-Sioux, manages to be the heartthrob of the entire trapping town. And she doesn't exactly grow an ego. I think she's one of those people who thinks everything is hilarious (Alex gets it from somewhere.)

Licinia is the rebel child with sass. She takes after her dad's ma more than her mom, and she's got black hair and freckles and big laughing brown eyes. "Julius...you're building a house...why?"

Merit is a teacher with a high collar who has a very small nose and eyes really close together. She's softspoken and gentle, but rules the schoolroom with an iron fist. And Julius sees her and it isn't exactly love at first sight, but he's all like, "SHE'S COOL AND I'M GETTING TO KNOW HER."

Elizabeth is from Galveston. She survived 1900 alone of her family and left it far behind. She ran off, and basically lost her sense of morals. And then she plops straight into catholic conservative clan and doesn't know what to do with herself (oh idk marry the head of the house maybe?)

KIRSTEN IS MY CHILD WHO IS PARALYZED FROM THE WAIST DOWN AND CAN BASICALLY READ PHILIP'S MIND WITHOUT THE HELP OF BRAIN ANOMALY AND SHE'S THE BOMB

Laraaaaaaa
LAAARRRRAAAAAA
is a Morrow and she's blonde and young and snappish and rude.
and wise. and beautiful. and amazing.

Gilly is too nosy for her own good and then she falls in with crazy fairhavens and doesn't run away screaming.
she's all like;
'guys can i help?'
AND SHE GETS ATTACHED SO HARD AND WHEN HER HUSBAND DIES SHE CAN'T DEAL IT ISN'T FREAKING FAIR
okay done now

WIN ISN'T A FAIRHAVEN LADY OFFICIALLY BUT HONOR WISE SHE IS. and she is also nosy and is so compassionate and it makes me happy. and she is so slangy and a child of tumblr and uses the shortest words of everyone except Ben

Halle is the classic Fairhaven lady who can cook up a dinner out of dandelion, chickweed, and blue jay eggs. and is such a calming influence on everyone <333

NATALIA IS LICINIA REBORN I HAVE JUST REALIZED THIS
i mean they even look the same
except Natalia's paler

IDA IS THE ADOPTED FAIRHAVEN LADY AND SHE CALCULATES THE FINANCES AND COULD PROLLY TAKE OVER THE WORLD IF SHE WANTED EVEN THOUGH SHE'S A GRANDMA WITH WHITE HAIR

more will probably come to me

-i found, amber run
Old 02-12-2016, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly View Post
May I take a moment of your time to tell you about the Fairhaven ladies?

Weeko is Weeko. The first to have the anomaly in the brain known later as the "preacher's gift." She and Bennett Eccleston loved each other enough for her to break away from her culture and marry him.

Onawa is... She's got that long black hair of her mother's, and she, despite being half-Sioux, manages to be the heartthrob of the entire trapping town. And she doesn't exactly grow an ego. I think she's one of those people who thinks everything is hilarious (Alex gets it from somewhere.)

Licinia is the rebel child with sass. She takes after her dad's ma more than her mom, and she's got black hair and freckles and big laughing brown eyes. "Julius...you're building a house...why?"

Merit is a teacher with a high collar who has a very small nose and eyes really close together. She's softspoken and gentle, but rules the schoolroom with an iron fist. And Julius sees her and it isn't exactly love at first sight, but he's all like, "SHE'S COOL AND I'M GETTING TO KNOW HER."

Elizabeth is from Galveston. She survived 1900 alone of her family and left it far behind. She ran off, and basically lost her sense of morals. And then she plops straight into catholic conservative clan and doesn't know what to do with herself (oh idk marry the head of the house maybe?)

KIRSTEN IS MY CHILD WHO IS PARALYZED FROM THE WAIST DOWN AND CAN BASICALLY READ PHILIP'S MIND WITHOUT THE HELP OF BRAIN ANOMALY AND SHE'S THE BOMB

Laraaaaaaa
LAAARRRRAAAAAA
is a Morrow and she's blonde and young and snappish and rude.
and wise. and beautiful. and amazing.

Gilly is too nosy for her own good and then she falls in with crazy fairhavens and doesn't run away screaming.
she's all like;
'guys can i help?'
AND SHE GETS ATTACHED SO HARD AND WHEN HER HUSBAND DIES SHE CAN'T DEAL IT ISN'T FREAKING FAIR
okay done now

WIN ISN'T A FAIRHAVEN LADY OFFICIALLY BUT HONOR WISE SHE IS. and she is also nosy and is so compassionate and it makes me happy. and she is so slangy and a child of tumblr and uses the shortest words of everyone except Ben

Halle is the classic Fairhaven lady who can cook up a dinner out of dandelion, chickweed, and blue jay eggs. and is such a calming influence on everyone <333

NATALIA IS LICINIA REBORN I HAVE JUST REALIZED THIS
i mean they even look the same
except Natalia's paler

IDA IS THE ADOPTED FAIRHAVEN LADY AND SHE CALCULATES THE FINANCES AND COULD PROLLY TAKE OVER THE WORLD IF SHE WANTED EVEN THOUGH SHE'S A GRANDMA WITH WHITE HAIR

more will probably come to me
right so whEN THE FRICK CAN I READ THIS PLEASE

Tags
ahhh characters, butterfly, cool people are cool, dude, fuck pence as well, fuck trump, fuck trump 2, fuck trump 3, hot people are hot, luna was here, nerdy people are cool, pooh people are pooh