Quantcast Moving and School Drama - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2015, 04:13 PM

Question Moving and School Drama

I just moved and I don't know anyone. I don't know what to do! Also, if you check up on this later, then maybe I can give you advice. Anyways...

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Old 08-26-2015, 05:39 PM

i moved to a new city at the beginning of the school year in january and it was super tough but the best thing to do is to just introduce yourself to as many people as possible, i found this really hard but it definitely works. i was really lucky to meet a girl in my humanities class who invited me to sit with her friends and now we are all super close so you just have to get to know everyone, ask if you can sit with them at lunch etc etc... if you talk to enough people, you should have friends in almost every class which is really great for your first year especially.

but yeah, good luck!! it's tough but it always works out.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:09 PM

Thank you. I didn't actually think anyone would reply. I'm trying, but I'm a shy person sometimes and well...I met a few girls, but hopefully I can meet more people.

Waving through a window
Old 08-27-2015, 02:20 AM

I'm not sure if I count "lucky"? I'm homeschooled so thankfully not that much drama, but equally challenging to find good friends. I think it may be easier in like public/private schools but that's just me

#﹤(^_^﹤)
But then I was like...

(>^#^﹤)
"I'm hungry..."

(>^_^)> So I ate it.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten View Post
Thank you. I didn't actually think anyone would reply. I'm trying, but I'm a shy person sometimes and well...I met a few girls, but hopefully I can meet more people.
Definitely, im pretty shy too so it was very difficult!! but really even going to class, asking to sit with people - if they say no, theyre rude anyway so they arent really worth your time so - and just making conversation, about general things, the class and the teachers, your new school. its a lot easier said than done but usually you end up with more than a few friends!
Old 08-27-2015, 06:43 PM

blegh moving is a bitch

anywaaaayyyy try to get involved in your classes school can be fun even if the people aren't #storyofmylife

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 08-27-2015, 07:00 PM

Okay. There are people who can say that you'll get new friends who'll be just as good and it'll all be good and you'll never think about your old life again.

Not fricking true. Keeping in touch helps a lot- if you haven't got your friend's numbers work like nothing else to find them. Don't disconnect because the Internet said you need to make new friends. (Although I'm on the Internet so who am I kidding?)

And sure. You'll make new friends. I moved 3 years ago and of course I have some new friends now. But all those friends you've known since kindergarten will never, ever leave you and your kids will call them their aunts. You'll see them again if you KIT- FaceTime is my best friend besides the ones that are human or canine.

They say new friends are silver, but the old are gold. I agree. Keep in touch, think about your old life, but make some new core memories. It'll all be fine. Not stellar, ever, because this is real life, but fine. And you have people who love you everywhere. Moving sucks. Et cetera. Hope I helped.

Cheers.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:34 PM

Thanks you guys all helped. I'll try to take your advice. HazelHope, I have about ten of my friend's numbers/Skypes.

I also have another question:
I really like this boy but since I moved away we only talk in text. What do I do?? I've had HUGE crush on him forever, and I feel like he only thinks of me as a (possibly annoying) friend. I live across the country from him now, but I still cannot help thinking about him!

Waving through a window
Old 08-27-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Thanks you guys all helped. I'll try to take your advice. HazelHope, I have about ten of my friend's numbers/Skypes.

I really like this boy but since I moved away we only talk in text. What do I do?? I've had HUGE crush on him forever, and I feel like he only thinks of me as a (possibly annoying) friend. I live across the country from him now, but I still cannot help thinking about him!
if you aren't going to ever see him again, you might as well announce your feelings for him. No harm done, right?

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 08-28-2015, 02:55 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
if you aren't going to ever see him again, you might as well announce your feelings for him. No harm done, right?
I agree with Algebra. My sister's crush was about to move, they both announced their feelings to each other and now even though they really hate that they're separated, they have something to look forward to when they see each other again. Good luck

#﹤(^_^﹤)
But then I was like...

(>^#^﹤)
"I'm hungry..."

(>^_^)> So I ate it.

Tags
advice, bleh, drama, moving, school