Quantcast Friend issues PLEASE HELP ME!! - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2010, 10:17 PM

Unhappy Friend issues PLEASE HELP ME!!

So I'm in 6th grade, and I feel really bad, and all the sudden I started to cry about this.

So I feel like I always am comparing myself to my friend. She is perfect. She has perfect shaved, tan legs. And mine are well, pale, and hairy, as are my toes, and all the rest of my body cause my mom won't let me shave yet. I always wear jeans to hide my legs even in 80 degree weather. Cause of how embarrassed I am... She has perfect clothes, perfect ediquite, and all that junk. She is like the only friend I have since my lasy one moved away, and I don't want to blow out friendship. But I've seen the way she can trash people, and I rather not go there. So I make her think I shave, and stuff. But the truth is, I'm ugly. Please Help!! Advice and such!! Thanks!!
Old 10-07-2010, 07:22 AM

I think you may be taking this too personally. First of all, take some take some deep breaths, that seems to help me and a lot of other people. Now back to what I was saying. You seem to be putting yourself down by thinking you're ugly but that's not the right way to think of things! I am telling you this from experience. I used to think I was fat because anytime I'd look at my reflection I'd always think my behind was big and I still do! I'm just telling you to please don't put yourself down, sometimes people who have a similar problem end up thinking about it their whole life. So be happy that you're you, God was the one that made you and he could care less about how you looked. I hope you're friend won't make fun of you but if she does just tell her,"You know what, I don't care what you say. If you were a true friend you wouldn't say that but I'm proud to be myself no matter what you say." It sounds corny and stupid to say but it's also called standing up for yourself.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:55 AM

I agree with Ivory. I'm sure that you're not ugly! I used to think that I was ugly, but think of yourself as how somebody else might see you! You're not ugly, I'm sure.
Also, if she's a real friend, it'll be okay!

-Douglas Adams
Old 10-07-2010, 05:20 PM

Yeah, agreed. You're not ugly! I don't shave yet and some of my friends ask me why, and I say, I don't mind. Just because you don't shave or are not 'perfect' doesn't mean you're ugly. God made you, and he certainly doesn't care what you look like. I bet that your friend has some things that she doesn't like about herself. And if she is a real friend, she wouldn't care! Good luck!

THAT'S ABSURD.
YOU'RE ABSURD.
Say that again.
YOU'RE ABSURD.
THAT'S ABSURD!

I wanna be at the House Cup Tournament.
I wanna be the Coolest Girl.
I wanna be a Starship Ranger.
I wanna be somebody's buddy.
But most of all, I wanna be at a Starkid concert!!
Old 10-07-2010, 06:21 PM

Location: Tulsa with the gang, hanging out at the Admiral and rumbling with the south side socs.

No onesn perfect! Your friend may seem perfect, but its probably just an act, don't get discouraged, your an author! Thats all you need to be beautiful in my book! Your unique, embrace it!
Old 10-10-2010, 09:02 AM

Imma 6th grader, and I shave, but most of the girl's don't. Truthfully, no one pays attention to that, but I'm assuming you go to a public school, I go to a catholic school, so things may be different. But about thinking your ugly, fing something unique about yourself! And BRANCH OUT. Find NEW friends!! Don't ditch this other girl, but start hanging out with other girls. Hey, they might even beath Ms. Perfect!

Tags
friendship, issues, school