Quantcast Suggestion: Teen/YA KidPub - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > KidPub Stuff > Questions, Answers, Suggestions
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2014, 05:51 PM

Default Suggestion: Teen/YA KidPub

Hi Perry,

A lot of us have been posting about how we wish there were a KP strictly for teens, and I just thought I might bring this idea to your attention. There are many KPers who are currently inactive or who have left because their writing has become more mature and possibly not appropriate for a website advertised for kids. There is also a huge generation of KPers who are now in high school and who don't really mix with the newer, younger members. I understand that this is the natural order of things on a small website such as this that is designed for "kids," but many of us think it would be really cool to have a section of KP (or even a separate website) more geared toward teens.

I'm suggesting this because I know you recently added a new publishing business geared toward adults, and I think this would be a good idea if you were thinking of expanding the website further. It would draw in many current KPers as well as many who have left. It might also draw in teens who do not have KP accounts and aren't considering getting them because they aren't interested in a writing website geared toward a younger audience. Many teens who I know dismiss KP when I mention it because the name "KIDPub" throws them off, but they have Figment or Wattpad accounts. I think this would open up a new audience and would be enjoyed by many.

So if you're thinking of further expanding KidPub Publishing, please consider this idea. Many of us older KPers would be very grateful for the consideration.

Sincerely,

Lizzie

(Oh, and KPers: please voice your opinion below!)
Old 09-26-2014, 05:55 PM

I concur.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:00 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to saphiremoon

Rebecca and I were talking about something like this a few days ago, so I agree. c: I'm only hesitant because I think it'd be a lot more work for Perry, not only because it'd be a whole different site, but because he or someone else might have to moderate it, too (especially if it's been made because we need a place for mature writing). However, I'd really like this to happen. c:
Old 09-26-2014, 06:23 PM

I agree. I want to be able to stay in a small, friendly community of writers, but not have to worry over my writing being too mature.

I mean, there's always putting a little warning at the top of a post, but I don't feel okay posting 'mature' stuff on a kid's website in the first place. (ignoring the ironic fact that, indeed, I myself am a kid.)

I do have to say that this would probably be a lot of work. Sure, it would take a lot of effort to make a new/adjacent site in the first place, but like Nikki pointed out, it would also be difficult to maintain. There aren't very many good incentives to make it. The only reasons we really have are that we'd be happy, stay for longer, and old members would possibly come back. So, realistically, it's kindof a long stretch. ...That aside, I would really like for this to come true.

(Is anyone around here good with coding? Maybe we could make a website ourselves? Probably not, but, well. You never know. o3o)
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Old 09-26-2014, 06:26 PM

mmm i'd want to join it but i am a mere 13 year old am i still allowed

but yeah i think that's an awesome idea!!
Old 09-26-2014, 06:26 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse

What if instead of a whole different website, we just had a second NSP for mature writing?
Old 09-26-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
What if instead of a whole different website, we just had a second NSP for mature writing?
that's a good idea!!

one of us could make one with a bad website maker maybe
Old 09-26-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
That would work. o3o
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Old 09-26-2014, 08:45 PM

Yes.
Yes on so many levels.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:02 PM

This is such a great idea, I think it'd definitely be worth it. Just a question - what do you think the age range would be? Maybe twelve and up? For example, I'm only in grade eight but a lot of my writing is definitely geared for a more mature audience, so?

((death, white lies))

Tags
i hope it happens yo, it exists, lizzie email perry, no more mean comments, shouldwemakeapetition, teen kidpub, teens, tell ur friends, yay