forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > KidPub Stuff > Questions, Answers, Suggestions
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2014, 10:27 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to TheMoonWakedWolf

this idea is so fantastic on so many levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena View Post
This is such a great idea, I think it'd definitely be worth it. Just a question - what do you think the age range would be? Maybe twelve and up? For example, I'm only in grade eight but a lot of my writing is definitely geared for a more mature audience, so?
i don't think there'd really need to be a specified age-range. i know some 15-yos that are just about as mature as the average 9-yo. maybe there could just be a warning or disclaimer like "this forum/whatever may contain more mature content, such as..." and then junk about like rly deep emotion or graphic writing or some naughty words or something like that.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:54 PM

*also i will be learning how to code sometime in the near future but not to the level of making a whole website! i already know some programming but it's very basic... AT LEAST IT'S A START*
Old 09-27-2014, 05:39 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to venika

yeah this would be rly cool...

one thing i'd like to add would be: would we have to buy a whole new membership, or something like that? it would be better if we could just move our current accounts over to the new site, if it happens, because parents might not feel the need to pay for an extra membership for literally the same kind of thing...
Old 09-27-2014, 05:14 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena View Post
This is such a great idea, I think it'd definitely be worth it. Just a question - what do you think the age range would be? Maybe twelve and up? For example, I'm only in grade eight but a lot of my writing is definitely geared for a more mature audience, so?
Thirteen and up I think. It is for teens
Old 09-28-2014, 02:07 PM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieS View Post
Hi Perry,

A lot of us have been posting about how we wish there were a KP strictly for teens, and I just thought I might bring this idea to your attention. There are many KPers who are currently inactive or who have left because their writing has become more mature and possibly not appropriate for a website advertised for kids. There is also a huge generation of KPers who are now in high school and who don't really mix with the newer, younger members. I understand that this is the natural order of things on a small website such as this that is designed for "kids," but many of us think it would be really cool to have a section of KP (or even a separate website) more geared toward teens.

I'm suggesting this because I know you recently added a new publishing business geared toward adults, and I think this would be a good idea if you were thinking of expanding the website further. It would draw in many current KPers as well as many who have left. It might also draw in teens who do not have KP accounts and aren't considering getting them because they aren't interested in a writing website geared toward a younger audience. Many teens who I know dismiss KP when I mention it because the name "KIDPub" throws them off, but they have Figment or Wattpad accounts. I think this would open up a new audience and would be enjoyed by many.

So if you're thinking of further expanding KidPub Publishing, please consider this idea. Many of us older KPers would be very grateful for the consideration.

Sincerely,

Lizzie

(Oh, and KPers: please voice your opinion below!)
This is a brilliant idea. I suggested something similar to somebody else. It's definitely needed. My writing is simply too mature for KP right now, and I love its small, inclusive community.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:52 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to ARandomWriter

Great idea. Would love to see this happen.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:51 PM

Yes please.
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Old 10-12-2014, 02:42 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by venika View Post
yeah this would be rly cool...

one thing i'd like to add would be: would we have to buy a whole new membership, or something like that? it would be better if we could just move our current accounts over to the new site, if it happens, because parents might not feel the need to pay for an extra membership for literally the same kind of thing...
We could just have it be a free membership and keep the same usernames and stuff X3

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 10-12-2014, 09:07 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to venika

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvhamsters View Post
We could just have it be a free membership and keep the same usernames and stuff X3
yeah that would be cool 8D (even doe i'm not a teen hopefully this will exist come may next year :P)
Old 10-12-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvhamsters View Post
But then it would be a waste of money and effort because it would make the KP company no money.

Tags
i hope it happens yo, it exists, lizzie email perry, no more mean comments, shouldwemakeapetition, teen kidpub, teens, tell ur friends, yay