Quantcast Writing Warm-Ups - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 03-08-2013, 08:47 PM

Location: Stalking in the silence; listening to your tortured dreams.
Default Writing Warm-Ups

Okay. Forgive me if this has already been done, but I sort of don't go on here much if at all anymore. I don't even know if this'll be a hit, but I certainly found it helpful at getting back into the swing of writing. Still turn to it whenever I get a chance.

Hi.

Okay, so this is basically what it says. You take a picture. Any picture, any scene at all, from photography to a piece of art and you write a story based on it.

This'll work by people posting pictures and or responses to those pictures. There's no requirement to anything. Just post a picture, and if one inspires you, write a short couple of paragraphs(more if it interests you enough) on it. It's really that simple. Write the first thing that comes to your mind and don't really edit it, or that defeats the purpose!

All I really ask is that you don't go overboard posting a lot of pictures in one post, and if you do, then do them in a link format. That way this format can stay relatively the same.

What little story does this inspire?

We lie best when we lie to ourselves. ~ It; Stephen King.

Last edited by Kiwara; 03-08-2013 at 08:55 PM.