Quantcast Immortal Island re-writing project of scary massiveness: help wanted - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Story Ideas
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-24-2013, 10:14 PM
AlgebraAddict AlgebraAddict is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: tehksus
Posts: 16,905
Arrow Immortal Island re-writing project of scary massiveness: help wanted

Okay. So a few people here and my friend IRL who read the Immortal Island and the sequel-in-progress have asked me to actually not just throw it into the trash bin where all stupid ideas should smolder with wasted effort. I have decided that because I am a total mercenary, I am going to attempt (key word: attempt) to rewrite and edit them, maybe adding themes from the multiple NES's. I would be reeeeally, really grateful if some of you guys could help me out with this. I know a few of my original followers aren't here anymore (Pokey, Maggie) but I know there are quite a few of you who are in the NESs or have read the books for random reasons. If anyone wants to help me out with such stuff as new underthemes (maybe NES related), revision of old plot material, what to keep, what to completely delete, and maybe illustrations, I would love for you guys to help. So.
__________________



and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind



- I Found, by Amber Run
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-24-2013, 10:23 PM
soph-soph27 soph-soph27 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hypotenuse.
Posts: 8,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
Okay. So a few people here and my friend IRL who read the Immortal Island and the sequel-in-progress have asked me to actually not just throw it into the trash bin where all stupid ideas should smolder with wasted effort. I have decided that because I am a total mercenary, I am going to attempt (key word: attempt) to rewrite and edit them, maybe adding themes from the multiple NES's. I would be reeeeally, really grateful if some of you guys could help me out with this. I know a few of my original followers aren't here anymore (Pokey, Maggie) but I know there are quite a few of you who are in the NESs or have read the books for random reasons. If anyone wants to help me out with such stuff as new underthemes (maybe NES related), revision of old plot material, what to keep, what to completely delete, and maybe illustrations, I would love for you guys to help. So.
Being a newcomer invited to join Mors Fera II, I would love to help with editing.
Any specific things you want me to pay attention to? Tenses, mispellings, or just in general/.
__________________
Reports of
my
death have been
greatly exaggerated.
-- Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-24-2013, 11:53 PM
AlgebraAddict AlgebraAddict is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: tehksus
Posts: 16,905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soph-soph27 View Post
Being a newcomer invited to join Mors Fera II, I would love to help with editing.
Any specific things you want me to pay attention to? Tenses, mispellings, or just in general/.

Just to make sure, I was talking about the original book, but I'd love to put in a reference or two to Mors Fera or whatever. I'm looking for mainly parts that are too short or two long or badly written, but any grammar errors are awesome to catch as well.
__________________



and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind



- I Found, by Amber Run
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-25-2013, 08:35 AM
TheMoonWakedWolf TheMoonWakedWolf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: karl marx is my father
Posts: 17,106
Send a message via Skype™ to TheMoonWakedWolf
Default

Ooh, that'd be cool if I could help edit. ^_^ I know you might kinda hate me for how I've been editing the NES lately (hasn't exactly been following the original II to the dot ;-; ), but with the NES, I kinda thought of it as a whole new book which I had made my own because no one else was editing it. It's not the official version (like, anyone else can edit it to become their own; I'm editing it to fit what I want), so, yeah. That was an apology for if you were reading the NES edit and going "that is not how it is supposed to be what are you doing >:I", but anyway, participating in the original II edit would be really cool, if you don't mind me. C:
(Also, Pokey's back, so you might wanna email her and let her know about this if you want her to help edit. c: )
__________________
m i k e a r u b a
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-25-2013, 08:53 AM
BlueMi BlueMi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,233
Default

I'm here. I came back for my three yearaversary.
I want to helppp! I still know the story like the back of my hand and even now just thinking about it, I have a lot of ideas. So me too pls. ^_~
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-25-2013, 09:08 AM
soph-soph27 soph-soph27 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hypotenuse.
Posts: 8,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
Just to make sure, I was talking about the original book, but I'd love to put in a reference or two to Mors Fera or whatever. I'm looking for mainly parts that are too short or too long or badly written, but any grammar errors are awesome to catch as well.
Oh, I know you were talking about the original, sorry for not making it clear. I'm not good about that.
Okay, grammar errors are the most fun to find anyway. And I can re-word parts that are badly written? What do you define as that, just awkward word phrasing and fragments basically?

For parts too short or long, would it make sense to split them and combine them?
__________________
Reports of
my
death have been
greatly exaggerated.
-- Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
flaming mangoes, map, meck, meep, merp, mooooooo

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.