Quantcast Summary thread - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Story Ideas
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2011, 03:12 PM

Default Summary thread

Write all your summaries here! Whether you're writing them, going to write them, or you aren't going to write them, have fun!!!!

This Cannot Be Insanity (mystery):

Anathederaebea's name is the last thing she has from her dead father. since his death, she has been hopelessly depressed in the big city, since her mother and her moved away from the country so that they would escape the memories. Then her mother forces her to get a job: she takes care of elderly people who need help mentally or physically. She gets the job of taking care of Ms. Banqueten, an alledgedly insane woman... and what she finds is more than she ever imagined.

The Bloody Pyramid (historical fiction):

Young Jao is a twelve-year-old Native American boy in Mexico. His best friend is Emily, a blonde, blue-eyed girl, who was captured and adopted from the strange white people. But their friendship breaks when she discloses that she doesn't believe in the sun god. Soon after, a war breaks out, and the two sides of the tribe are separated. Jao and Emily are on different sides of the war, and Emily's side loses. She herself is taken captive and chosen to be sacrificed to the sun god. Will Jao defy his belief in the sun god and risk the approval of the tribe by rescuing her?

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 10-24-2011, 07:51 PM

READ

"Blood and bone, flesh and pain, feather of a quail and drops from the first rain. I mix you together to grant me one desire, state shall I clearly and get my own quire," she pasued, her lip trembling as tears streaked her face and landed "PLOP!" in her cauldron. "I desire Peggy's Fredrickson's firstborn to be cursed."

Yolanda (name might be a subject to change) Fredrickson is not normal. In fact, she is far beyond normal. Born with the supernatural ability to read other's emotions by their eyes, she can tell what anyone is thinking, whenever.

But Yolanda soon discovers her gift is more of a curse when she is casted away from her home in search of the devilous witch who put her in this position in the first place. Yolanda must find out how to read HERSELF and find inner strength to face the harsh future she knows she's bound to end up with.

UNTITLED (Adaption of Little Red Ridinghood)

Rose [INSERT LAST NAME HERE] was found on the doorstep of her parents' house when she was barely a month old, wrapped in an ancient red shawl and carrying nothing but a note written in blue ink: Keep me from the forest.*

Her parents take her in, and now, fifteen years later, Rose has grown tall and strong but has stayed that one month old inside. Still refusing to remove her red shawl, Rose sets out on a journey to discover her biological parents. However, she disobeys one rule. She goes in the forest, and learns a lot about her family's past intertwines roughly with that of a wolf's. And how that wolf wants more than food. It wants revenge.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMi View Post
READ

"Blood and bone, flesh and pain, feather of a quail and drops from the first rain. I mix you together to grant me one desire, state shall I clearly and get my own quire," she pasued, her lip trembling as tears streaked her face and landed "PLOP!" in her cauldron. "I desire Peggy's Fredrickson's firstborn to be cursed."

Yolanda (name might be a subject to change) Fredrickson is not normal. In fact, she is far beyond normal. Born with the supernatural ability to read other's emotions by their eyes, she can tell what anyone is thinking, whenever.

But Yolanda soon discovers her gift is more of a curse when she is casted away from her home in search of the devilous witch who put her in this position in the first place. Yolanda must find out how to read HERSELF and find inner strength to face the harsh future she knows she's bound to end up with.

UNTITLED (Adaption of Little Red Ridinghood)

Rose [INSERT LAST NAME HERE] was found on the doorstep of her parents' house when she was barely a month old, wrapped in an ancient red shawl and carrying nothing but a note written in blue ink: Keep me from the forest.*

Her parents take her in, and now, fifteen years later, Rose has grown tall and strong but has stayed that one month old inside. Still refusing to remove her red shawl, Rose sets out on a journey to discover her biological parents. However, she disobeys one rule. She goes in the forest, and learns a lot about her family's past intertwines roughly with that of a wolf's. And how that wolf wants more than food. It wants revenge.
*reads Little Red Ridinghood summary*
EPIIIIIIIIIIIIIC!
Old 10-26-2011, 04:44 AM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

Steel Wire

Myra is a circus tigress - born, raised and brutally trained. The first thing she remembers is her father dying. This affected her brothers more than her, yet Myra still feels sad for him.

Now she is the one forced to ride on elephants. Every night, whilst she is resting, she thinks about her life, and about that of everyone else. When a mysterious lion arrives, she finds she has someone else with a similar frame of mind. It cannot last, as the angry, hate-filled tiger, Zulfiqar arrives, planning a rebellion against humans.

Myra still hopes she will see the wild one day, and through circumastances, she may not even escape the cruel world of steel wire - what humans call entertainment.

Outcast - Many Minds

Many years ago, there was a strange creature living in the world. Sometimes, it is called a Wengikiumbe, other times, a Manycreature. It is one consciousness, one awareness, one mind, in many bodies, controlling them all at once. Over centuries, these creatures have fought and one battles, because the can bring their bodies together, into a huge fighting machine, that whilst shaped like one animals, has elements of many.

The last of these mysterious race has been broken, by an albino lion, who has taken the savannah with force. As the last fragment of the famed Wengikiumbe Nameless, a leopard calling himself Litningo Stormclaw comes under huge pressure after he kills the Sandclaw leopard Emperor.

A prophecy details the fact that if Litningo is not raised back to what he was, the savannah is lost forever. Only one cat can do this - a young caracal, Chira. Chira isn't sane. She isn't a hero. All Chira has is old magic, and her minds. Many minds.

When the two cats meet, strange things start to happen. Until a young serval named Ser tells Chira how to save him, it is impossible. After he tells her, it is still impossible. Or is it?
Old 10-26-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieS View Post
*reads Little Red Ridinghood summary*
EPIIIIIIIIIIIIIC!
Thank youuuuu! I'm writing it right now, here's an excerpt:
The night seemed red like blood, the sunset penetrating the man’s eyes. It was not the preferred night for such a deed, but somehow, the figure in black knew that if his duty wasn’t done tonight, his life would come to a sudden end soon enough. The wolf’s whispers still rang in his ears… “Done by midnight…”
The girl was so innocent in his arms. Not even two months old, slobbering without a care in the world, her saliva oozing into a glob on his shoulder. He distastefully wiped away the spit, but his mind kept racing. “I cannot kill the girl,” he whispered to himself, looking down at her sparkling blue eyes. She had never done anything wrong.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:05 PM

oooh!!!!!!!! I love it so far!!!!!!!!!!

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 12-07-2011, 06:06 PM

I want to write a horror novel on Santa Claus... I dunno why.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 01-20-2012, 11:33 AM

I have a ton of ideas.....but really all that I'm working on now is Poison, Fan-Fic of Harry Potter and that's it. I've put TROTPS aside.....for a while......

No more dreaming like a girl, like a girl so in love...with the wrong world.

Snow White's stitching up the circuitboard...

inside of me.

-quote on dA
Old 01-20-2012, 09:39 PM

PARALLELS

Imagine a world where you could only have half of yourself. When you turn 16, you have the choice of which half to give up. Join the passionate, peaceful, loving (but generally unintelligent) Inamorata, or the smart, strategic, successful (but unemotional) Austere. When you make your choice, you get the Surgery, which removes the parts of your brain that correspond to the other culture. 
For most people, it's an easy choice. Besides, it's the only option. If you don't abide to the law, you'll be either killed or thrown into Purgatory, the hellish wasteland surrounding the Solidarity (Inamorata and Austere combined. It makes a circle). Most would rather be killed. 
Marley, 15 (16 in 2 weeks), is a Ruck. Rucks live in the Crease (officially the Boundary, but nobody calls it that), the place where children are kept before the age of 16. Marley is pretty sure that she wants to go to Inamorata. That is, until she meets Kalen, a 17 year old boy and the leader of a growing group of rebels who call themselves the Parallels. No one knows much about Kalen, only that he survived somehow. Marley falls into the rebellion... and wackiness ensues! *sorry, I'm just really tired right now*
Old 02-09-2012, 11:30 PM

I would never be able to write this without my parents being surprised/angry:

Carolyn is known as the sweetest girl in the school. However, in order to make people happy, she must suffer inside. She can't tell anyone, because people would just end up feeling bad. As her world starts to crumble, she has no one or nothing to turn to--except drugs.

Yeah. There's no way I would be allowed to write that until I'm 14.