Quantcast Back Cover Blurbs of your Books - Page 2 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Story Ideas
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2015, 11:21 PM

Some high school kids talk under a willow tree in the schoolyard.

One of them is going to buy time enough for the others to be saved.

One is going to have the vital realization that will make use of that time.

One is going to be foolish enough to make the right decision.

One, by doing what she knows to be right, will make everything possible.

One is going to be intelligent enough to strip the armor off of the foe.

One is going to tell the enemy the truth; and by doing so, vanquish him.

These children are nothings.

Dust in the wind.

But unfortunately for them, they are very important nothings.

EDIT:

his name is arthur sperator fairhaven. he's a head taller than most other people he lives with, he's strong and broad and you can tell just by looking at him that he can incapacitate you in three seconds flat. he has long and curly brown hair and steely grey eyes, and his face looks almost like a roman statue for handsomeness and sternness. the entirety of eaton prep is terrified of him.

inside he's very lonely.

he's a leader in his household, which truly is a household. he shares a third of the responsibility for twenty-seven people's well-being. he has family, including a brother (in blood a fourth cousin, in heart always a brother) who can read his heart with uncanny accuracy, but he has no often-seen friends.

then one day a tiny little fearless freshman girl with wavy brown hair, green eyes, and a good-natured face initiates conversation. he's confused and very happy all at once.

through win-that's the girl's name-he meets tom and ben. together they turn a bully's heart, rediscover old memories, and have lots of fun.

but old memories rediscovered have new power, and the stakes are soon to be much higher than any of those children foresaw, except for arthur, in his deep dreams.

one other foresaw it, but did not understand or accept what he saw.

-i found, amber run

Last edited by Gracithe1andonly; 04-03-2016 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:05 PM

When Alice wakes up in all alone, she doesn't remember anything except her name. She tries as hard as she can, but cant remember what everyone is asking her to. The last thing she can recall is when a boy about her age said that soon this would be common practice with her "kind." Can she trust him? Can she trust anyone? Just how far will Alice go to discover the truth, and will she want to know it?

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Old 10-10-2015, 02:30 PM

Chris is satisfied, for he has never known things in his life to be different. Nothing has changed; well, at least, nothing big. He thought he knew a different world when his mother died so long ago, or when he was pulled out of public school. But such is the life of a Prince. Chris knows luxury; he was born and bred in a castle with his father, King of Canineshale, so how could he not?
He is grateful. Pleased.
Satisfied.
Then his world is shaken when his father rages war against the cats of their own kingdom. Not only that, but King Grayson somehow manages to shatter Chris's trust with the awful truth about the young dog.
In the core of the war, Chris struggles to figure himself out, to cope with this nightmare. He abhors this war, and he wishes desperately to bring it to a stop.
And he may have to look for help from his enemy, who might not turn out to be so bad after all.
Because Chris is sure of one thing.
He can't do this alone.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostblaze View Post
Chris is satisfied, for he has never known things in his life to be different. Nothing has changed; well, at least, nothing big. He thought he knew a different world when his mother died so long ago, or when he was pulled out of public school. But such is the life of a Prince. Chris knows luxury; he was born and bred in a castle with his father, King of Canineshale, so how could he not?
He is grateful. Pleased.
Satisfied.
Then his world is shaken when his father rages war against the cats of their own kingdom. Not only that, but King Grayson somehow manages to shatter Chris's trust with the awful truth about the young dog.
In the core of the war, Chris struggles to figure himself out, to cope with this nightmare. He abhors this war, and he wishes desperately to bring it to a stop.
And he may have to look for help from his enemy, who might not turn out to be so bad after all.
Because Chris is sure of one thing.
He can't do this alone.
i love this book

-i found, amber run