Quantcast Warrior Cats NES - Page 13 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2019, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werty View Post
Greenmoss was mildly concerned that Rainfoot was sick, but she mentally seemed fine and he decided not to say anything. Her head jerked up as she gestured to a small patch of plants. He gave it a quick sniff- it was definitely catmint.

"Let's take it back to camp." Exclaimed Greenmoss. He was glad everyone was going to be okay.

On the way back to camp, Rainfoot stumbled to a stop. She sneezed and looked concerned. Greenmoss steered her back to camp worriedly.

"We're constructing a den, around two more cats got sick while you we'ren't here." Duskclaw addressed the returning cats.

"Make that three," said Greenmoss as her gestured towards poor Rainfoot.
"Oh, no," said a dismayed Snowpelt as she passed, dropping the sticks she was carrying for the den so she could speak. "You too, Rainfoot?"

Greenmoss sighed, nuzzling her ear despite knowing he might catch it if he stayed close to her. "Yeah, unfortunately enough."

Rainfoot's body chose that moment to start coughing violently, and Duskclaw proceeded to unceremoniously shove her into the medicine den, where body heat was keeping all the sick cats warm.

-i found, amber run
Old 01-20-2019, 02:09 PM

The sickness, luckily, had taken no toll on Clovertail, although he was getting increasingly more exhausted with every cat that got sick. He was looking forward to having a den not full of sneezing cats, and, needing a bit of fresh air, stepped out of the medicine den to help with the new one being built, but on direct standby in case anybody got worse. He was growing increasingly worried about Greenstep, who was doing a lot worse than the rest of them.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:57 PM

Snowpelt nodded to her brother as he came out into the clearing. "How's our mother?"

"Not good," he mewed wearily, "but there's still hope, especially with all the catmint Rainfoot and Greenmoss found. No one's in mortal danger," yet, he left unsaid. "What do I do to help with the den?" he asked Duskclaw.

"Weave the sticks back and forth," the deputy directed. "Take over for Snowpelt and Snowpelt, go get more."

"Right, right," she said in a chipper tone, darting off. Clovertail felt his own spirits raise watching her confidence.

They continued working on the den, Clovertail darting in and out to check on the sick cats, until it was finished near sundown. Clovertail, a bit cheered, walked right into his den, then froze. Someone was hacking.

He rushed from cat to cat, and found that Greenstep was coughing. He crouched beside her, doing everything he knew might clear her airway, but no such luck. The bout of coughing eventually ended, but his mother was weaker.

-i found, amber run
Old 01-23-2019, 11:52 AM

Greenmoss watched wearily as Clovertail made his was over to his sister and they muttered worriedly. Things were getting bad- really bad- and cats were dying. This escalated so quickly, and with only one medicine cat, it was going rather slow. He silently begged StarClan that Rainfoot would be alright, and that no one else would get sick.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:51 AM

Hey, just letting you know I'm taking a short hiatus- best wishes!
Old 01-24-2019, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werty View Post
Hey, just letting you know I'm taking a short hiatus- best wishes!
OK. I'm back at school so it's harder for me to update regularly anyway

-i found, amber run
Old 01-24-2019, 05:47 PM

It was nearing moonhigh, and Clovertail's body cried out to him for sleep. Snowpelt had ignored his protests about her health and her safety and was now helping him take care of the other sick cats. Rainfoot, who was sick, but not so sick as the others, was helping as much as she could as well. But even with his workload lightened, he was reaching the end of his rope, mostly because his mother refused to respond to his medicines.

Greenstep was hardly breathing at this point, the bright emerald eyes for which she was named blurred and weary, her pelt so like Clovertail's own refusing to stay groomed. Clovertail knew that if Greenstep was not his mother, he would not be hovering over her like this, but he couldn't bring himself to feel guilty.

As moonhigh drew nearer, the moon began to illuminate the den through a hole in the leaves that made up the roof. Clovertail was resisting his urge to hover over his mother, instead trying to get poor Gingerfur to drink some water, when suddenly a horrid hacking sound became audible. He turned tail, recognizing his mother's broken voice, and sped to her side.

She couldn't breathe. Clovertail tried to clear her airway by getting her to drink water, then forcibly pushing her, but nothing he had been taught was working.

"Clovertail!" Snowpelt materialized beside him, "how can I help? How can I help? Tell me what I can do!"

He was too focused on his mother to answer her increasingly anxious questions, so she sat beside him, so close that he could feel her breathing. Greenstep's hacking weakened, weakened, and then stopped altogether.

"Mother," Snowpelt whispered, a deep grief in her voice. "Oh, farewell, mother."

Clovertail could say nothing. His throat was choked with the thoughts of Dapplecloud, and now of Greenstep, of all the happy days that could never be reprised.

[I suggest rainfoot pov now]

-i found, amber run

Tags
kayla makes, kayla makes 2 many threds, kayla was here, kayla...