Quantcast Shadow Realm | Fan Club - Page 44 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2014, 04:43 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to saphiremoon

Ahh hey all I'm back c: (*waves*) Aaaaand here's some lovely Luammery to prove it muahahaha.

She hadn’t gone far, but I doubted that it was because she wanted to wait for me. She glanced back as I approached, eyes wide.

“Do you think this is the right way?” she asked as I caught up, fiddling with her watch.

I nodded. “Alistair didn’t lie to us. I would’ve been able to sense it.” And even if I hadn’t, I doubted that a two thousand year-old dead Shadower would lie to the first sentient creatures he saw out of spite.

Luana frowned and looked up at me through puzzled blue eyes. “You said his friendliness towards me didn’t come that easily, because he used to be a Sun Slayer. Why? What did the Sun Slayers do?”

My skin itched. Heartbeat quickening, I stammered, “I-It’s not because he was a Sun Slayer, it’s just– I don’t, er, I don’t think–” God dammit, Emmery, you’re a worse liar than Eiran! “I don’t think that all Shadowers will like you as much as I do,” I finally managed to say, and then paled as soon as I realized what the words sounded like.

Luana seemed more amused than embarrassed, though I wasn’t sure if that was a good thing or not. “Lucky me, then, to have you as an exception,” she mused, casting me a sidelong grin. Heat rushed to my face.

She laughed. Glancing around, a lot more bright-eyed than before, she scanned the narrowing path swiftly before turning back to me. “Don’t worry, Embers,” she said seriously. “You’re a little too shadowy for me.” Her lips twitched.

At a loss for what to say, I just nodded, wishing that I were more transparent. At least she forgot about the Sun Slayers, I thought, watching her for a moment longer. So now, if I want to avoid talking about something, I should just unintentionally hit on her. That’ll lead to some interesting conversations.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphiremoon View Post
Ahh hey all I'm back c: (*waves*) Aaaaand here's some lovely Luammery to prove it muahahaha.

She hadn’t gone far, but I doubted that it was because she wanted to wait for me. She glanced back as I approached, eyes wide.

“Do you think this is the right way?” she asked as I caught up, fiddling with her watch.

I nodded. “Alistair didn’t lie to us. I would’ve been able to sense it.” And even if I hadn’t, I doubted that a two thousand year-old dead Shadower would lie to the first sentient creatures he saw out of spite.

Luana frowned and looked up at me through puzzled blue eyes. “You said his friendliness towards me didn’t come that easily, because he used to be a Sun Slayer. Why? What did the Sun Slayers do?”

My skin itched. Heartbeat quickening, I stammered, “I-It’s not because he was a Sun Slayer, it’s just– I don’t, er, I don’t think–” God dammit, Emmery, you’re a worse liar than Eiran! “I don’t think that all Shadowers will like you as much as I do,” I finally managed to say, and then paled as soon as I realized what the words sounded like.

Luana seemed more amused than embarrassed, though I wasn’t sure if that was a good thing or not. “Lucky me, then, to have you as an exception,” she mused, casting me a sidelong grin. Heat rushed to my face.

She laughed. Glancing around, a lot more bright-eyed than before, she scanned the narrowing path swiftly before turning back to me. “Don’t worry, Embers,” she said seriously. “You’re a little too shadowy for me.” Her lips twitched.

At a loss for what to say, I just nodded, wishing that I were more transparent. At least she forgot about the Sun Slayers, I thought, watching her for a moment longer. So now, if I want to avoid talking about something, I should just unintentionally hit on her. That’ll lead to some interesting conversations.
abort abort too much cute i repeat too much cute

((death, white lies))
Old 06-14-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena View Post
abort abort too much cute i repeat too much cute
i am insanely jealous of luana right now <33 god dammit emmery's such a hottie
Old 06-14-2014, 08:00 PM

Heyy all the Shadowers are still alive c: And here! An excerpt! Because I'm writing again! (I hope)

A blur of movement wrenched me from my thoughts and I blinked, looking up at Luana. She was in front of the throne, staring down at the corpse and Cloak with blank eyes, arms limp at her side. Her expression was devoid of everything except a dark obsession.

Unease prickled through me. She said the Cloak was pulling her towards it. What happens if she touches it? Will she pass out, too?

I struggled to my feet, swallowing back the bitterness rising in my throat. There’s nothing for her to remember– she’s not a Shadower. But if she’s as drawn to the Cloak as I was to the wall, then her touching it can’t be good. Shaking my head lightly, I started towards Luana, steps slow and careful. Does she really need to wear it?

My unease fluttered into alarm, but I pushed the qualms away. Keeping my voice gentle, I stopped a few feet away and called, “Luana, I don’t think you should be so close to the Cloak. It might be dangerous.”

She didn’t turn around. I ran a hand through my hair, heartbeat quickening, and continued edgily, “Luana, you need to be care–”

She touched the Cloak.

For a moment, the glade was still. The wind fell silent. The stars dulled.

Then shadows ripped out from the corpse.

They erupted from the skeleton’s bones like vines; the thick, black tendrils snaked out from its chest and swarmed over its body like wildfire. In heartbeats, they’d consumed the skeleton and the Cloak in a putrid, roiling mass. Demon-shadows swallowed the throne in an inky bubble.

Luana! I stumbled towards where she’d vanished, swatting away a wisp of acidic shadow-fog. “Luana!” I shouted, eyes fixed on the mass of darkness engulfing her. Where the hell did she go? What did it do to her? “Luana! Where are you? Can you hear me?”

Only the sounds of rippling shadows answered. Swearing, I unsheathed a throwing knife and almost wished that there were a tangible demon to fight instead of this. You can’t fight shadows with steel.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:31 PM

Oheyy c: I'm still alive (again!), but I won't be able to write or be on KP from Monday to Thursday, so here are two farewell excerpts c:

Luana stilled again for a second– then, movements sharp and Cloak billowing, she spun around and faced me with wide, doe eyes.

All my breath left me in a rush. Suddenly, I was acutely aware of her stare on me– and, even more startlingly, what she was looking at. What I looked like.

Oh, God, when was the last time I brushed my hair? Do I even own a brush? Heat rushed to my face, but my fingers were cold. And shave? When did I last shave? The morning before I left, right? Right…? My hand jerked up to my face, but froze halfway, eyes locking onto Luana’s. Did she see that? Why’s she staring? Shit, am I talking out loud again?

She didn’t speak, so I guessed that the answer was no, but it did little to ease my discomfort. But why am I nervous? I’m never nervous like this! Was it because of Luana? But she’s just a human!

And quite an attractive one, part of me chided, but before any other thoughts could occur to me that would make me sink even deeper into embarrassment, Luana waved a gloved hand.

Luana gave me a pointed look and I snapped out of my reverie. Dazed, I nodded, fumbled around in my pocket and withdrew the now crumpled letter. “He wrote it out,” I muttered, squinting at the words in the starlight. Then I hesitated. Eyes darting up to meet Luana’s, I steeled myself and questioned quietly, “You okay?”

“I’m fine.” Her voice was curt and her stare was frosty.

Averting my gaze, I nodded and busied myself with searching the letter. My sweaty fingers smeared some of the ink. What’s wrong with her? What happened?

Finally locating the lines, I scanned them and moved to stand beside Luana. “Found them,” I murmured, risking a glance at her. Her gaze was stony, but I must’ve looked as nervous as I felt, because it softened after a heartbeat.

“I’m fine,” she repeated, in answer to my unspoken question, but her voice was gentler this time. I sent her a doubtful look and she hinted at a smile. “Really, Embers, I am.” She moved to squeeze my arm, but pulled up short.

Slightly chilled, I willed her to meet my eyes, but she was looking away. “The shadows were just weird,” she explained, articulating carefully. “That’s why I’m acting… strange. The Cloak feels odd, too, so that’s not really helping.” She stumbled over the words, and by the end, she was breathless.

My skin prickled. That’s not all that’s bothering you, I wanted to say, but merely nodded. No need to suggest that something else was off.

“Let’s just get out of here.” Luana looked up and I attempted a shaky smile. “You’ve got the Cloak now, so you’ll be able to go get Desmond soon.” If the human is Desmond.

Luana’s eyes brightened. “We’ve got the Cloak,” she corrected. “And we’ll be able to go get Desmond soon.” She grinned. “Right?”

I warmed a little and couldn’t help but grin back. “Right.”
Old 06-30-2014, 10:35 PM

http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-c...ent-2043149049

Heyy all c: Here's the next part of SR. It finishes up chapter four (finally!). Please read and comment!
Old 07-17-2014, 03:12 PM

HI AGAIN

So

I need some feedback c:

How do you guys think Emmery would deal with grief? I'm writing a part where he finds one of his best friends dead (not Eiran, I promise), and I wrote it so that at first he's in denial, and then he's just sorta... numb. The five stages of grief are denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance, and I have a feeling that it'd take him a while to move onto anger (because that's just the sort of person he is). What do you guys think? How would he deal with it?
Old 11-01-2014, 04:14 PM

(*revives*)

hii again

i don't have much to say but i just posted a lil' something of sr on the nsp

((the part where luana and benedict meet))

http://www.kidpub.com/story/shadow-r...eet-2043151873

please read and comment c:

Tags
beirax, benikki<3, best book ever, bestbookeva, emmeryissexytootho, flaming mangoes, future bestseller, luammery yesh, lyall_areyel_was_here, mmmmmm benedict..., my mango was here, shadow realm, what a sexy novel