Quantcast Renaissance! - Page 3 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 04-19-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanberry View Post
Um, do we really have anything memorable this year? I mean, I could think of LM Times being shut down and rebooted and Ruby starting her newsletter, but that's about it. There's technically nothing else.
I guess this is the reason we need this Renaissance
There's more than just newsletters. The Demiblog came back (I think that was early 2016), there have been a number of political debates/fights, a bunch of new chapter books, a handful of new members, the NES finally started running fairly smoothly again, and I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting.
It's also still quite early in the year, so there's plenty of time left. Also, one of the most important parts of the yearbook was the awards, which were great.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallowtail View Post
There's more than just newsletters. The Demiblog came back (I think that was early 2016), there have been a number of political debates/fights, a bunch of new chapter books, a handful of new members, the NES finally started running fairly smoothly again, and I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting.
It's also still quite early in the year, so there's plenty of time left. Also, one of the most important parts of the yearbook was the awards, which were great.
Well, technically, I'm kinda new to KP because when I first started I didn't know you could read people's writings and you could comment on them. So oopsies...

Last edited by melanberry; 04-20-2016 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanberry View Post
Well, technically, I'm kinda new to KP because when I first started I didn't know you could read people's writings and you coukdnonky write them. So oopsies...
I kinda count you in with the bunch of newbies who recently joined because of that. I'm so happy there are newbies omg
Old 04-20-2016, 10:49 PM

I don't know how many there were in other eras, but I say that this is probably a record, right?
Old 04-23-2016, 10:25 AM

Not sure. I'm fairly new (jk. I'm three and a half years old.)
I'm actually not sure for real though. I've been on and off the whole of this year, and I was most active during the end of the taco era (Oct 2012 through Feb 2013), was on and off through summer 2013, and started coming on again Sept 2013~May 2014. I posted every day back then because I had an ongoing 365 day challenge, City, (which I failed... I only got to 175.)
Then I disappeared for a while, only to reappear sometime in 2015 for a small time, and then, like I said, I've been on and off this whole year.

Anyway.

As far as I'm concerned, there were two periods of time in which newbies practically steamrolled Kidpub.
-October 2012
-January 2014

These are just approximate dates.

ACTUALLY I FOUND THE LIST OF NEWBIES IN OCTOBER 2012. This was taken from the first edition of the Kidpub Spies, coincidentally happening in the month I joined, and the author of this post is also moi. I added onto this with people I know. (Who I did not mention.)

October 2012:
Arin (10/20)
Megan, first post 10/17 Bio: HERE
Rosie, first post 10/16 Bio: HERE
Beau, first post 10/15 Tracker: HERE
Ella, first post 10/15 Tracker: HERE
Birdie, first post 10/14 Bio: HERE
Matilda, first post 10/14 Bio: HERE
Harry (10/13)
Holly, first post 10/10 Bio: HERE
Jill (Me) 10/10
(That makes 10. Math!)

November 2012:
Blaire: First Post: Nov. 3rd 2012 Bio: HERE
Taelum: First Post: Nov. 4th 2012 Bio: HERE
Grace: First Post: Nov. 6th 2012 Bio: HERE
Alexis: First Post: Nov. 8th 2012 Bio: HERE
Iola: First Post: Nov.17th 2012 Bio: HERE
Alex: First Post: Nov. 22nd 2012 Bio: HERE

There were more people (around 4 each month) from December through January 2012, but I'm too lazy to post them here.
So, that makes around 24 newbies in 4 months.
After that, there were a few months almost completely newbie-less; so newbie-less that I coudlnt' find anyone to write about and had to resort to writing about whoever showed up on the NSP.

I don't have any references for the few months surrounding January 2014, but I can name quite a few people who joined, more or less around that date.
For example, Sam, Alice, Julia, Josephine, Cody, Charlie, Swallow (I think you joined sometime after the initial "Jan 14" group did?) and a few more people that my brain fails to remember. There was also another small influx of newbies sometime during 2014, because I remember people were trying to beat each other to welcome posts- who could welcome people first, etc...

That's just me though.
Also, looking back, I never realized I was part of a newbie flow. To be honest with you, I think newbie flows usually symbolize a change in the Kidpub eras, so newbies are good! c:
For example, the Taco Era ended a few months after the October 2012 batch (around early/mid 2013?) and the January 2014 flow ended the whole haze/transfer phase between the taco era and what I like to call the Jan14 era. Right now, I think Kidpub is becoming more active again!

I do hope Perry comes on more often now, though. Back when I first joined, it was rare when you didn't see Perry online, and there were 20-30 members online and 4-5 even at night for american people, because there were Australian people, like Max, or Asian people, like Lauren and Sravani (sometimes) and me.
(I remember someone made a wb post and freaked out because there were only 20 members during the middle of a weekend. I freaked out as well.)
So yeah, I do think Perry may or may not be a key point in Kidpub's thriving-ness... (idk sorry) but he's probably pretty busy, so we'll have to see!

Last edited by HannahChen2009; 04-23-2016 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-23-2016, 10:53 AM

Can someone give me an era timeline PLZ?
Old 04-23-2016, 11:23 AM

I don't know about anything before the Golden Age, it was quite beyond my usual stalking since I know only a few people from the late Golden Age, and while I look up to the early Golden Age people, I don't stalk their tracks in-depth, and it's impossible to determine when the Golden Age started anyway, since I wasn't a part of it and could (and should) not judge.

Golden Age (~Late 2012/Early 2013)
Taco Era (Late 2012/Early 2013 ~ Late 2013)
Jan 14 (Late 2013 ~ Late 2014)
(blank because I wasn't on at this time but I'm just gonna call it the hazy period unless someone can fill me in. I believe this was also when almost everyone left from Golden and Taco left.)
Dark Age ([whenever] ~ Early 2016)
Renaissance (Early 2016 ~ )

Also this is just a rough timeline. everyone has different ideas for when the ages started/ended but this is my overall thought of it. you can ask some other older members (Ena and Sravvy are good choices; they are both older than me by a good bit. They are also coincidentally the two people I talk to most nowadays.)
Old 04-23-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahChen2009 View Post
I don't know about anything before the Golden Age, it was quite beyond my usual stalking since I know only a few people from the late Golden Age, and while I look up to the early Golden Age people, I don't stalk their tracks in-depth, and it's impossible to determine when the Golden Age started anyway, since I wasn't a part of it and could (and should) not judge.

(blank because I wasn't on at this time but I'm just gonna call it the hazy period unless someone can fill me in. I believe this was also when almost everyone left from Golden and Taco left.)

Also this is just a rough timeline. everyone has different ideas for when the ages started/ended but this is my overall thought of it. you can ask some other older members (Ena and Sravvy are good choices; they are both older than me by a good bit. They are also coincidentally the two people I talk to most nowadays.)
Thanks, Jill! Technically, all I knew before this is that I came at the end of the Taco Era and this is the Renaissance.
Old 04-23-2016, 11:53 AM

No problem c:
I actually didn't know you joined that early- I might have seen your username around once or twice before because I have an inkling of it, so I'm guessing you joined, forgot about it, and then started becoming active recently?
Old 04-23-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahChen2009 View Post

ahhh the golden age started before that, I'm pretty sure--- as far as I'm concerned, the Golden Age was there as long as I remember KidPub, which I first discovered in summer 2011

Tags
ㅋㅋㅋ, ena was here