Quantcast THE RENAISSANCE - Take 2 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > KidPub Stuff > Features and Design
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2016, 05:33 AM

Lightbulb THE RENAISSANCE - Take 2

Welcome back,

Apologizes, due to leaving the writing part of KP, I now have alot more time to do things like the Renaissance, and the K. P. Weekly. I am so enjoying it. NOW!! Lets revive Kidpub. I want every signal person to help out. I want Kidpub to enter the next golden era - no - not 'Golden Era' - DIAMOND RENAISSANCE ERA! Yes. A place and time where we say... 'woah look at this'.

How are we going to get to this "Diamond Renaissance Era"?
- Simple. We stand together, and revive it together be doing simple tasks:
- We make our own monthly contests
- We have at least one Newsletter
- We make warnings every time we use non PG words or scenes ( just for all the young people here )
- We differ in writing style ( Kidpub - I am afraid to say doesn't have a wide choice of genre. )
- We try to make ourselves a little bit better.
- We become tougher on clogging
- Also... for further notice please don't write those weird things like:

"WHAT

YES

OH NO

OH YES HDHS"

there extremely annoying and highly considered clogging.

- We'll come up with new laws to help grow and improve as a website!

- I didn't mean to offend anyone is this intro... if you are offended I am 100% extremely sorry -

So Lets Stand Together and Make the Diamond Renaissance!
Old 11-24-2016, 09:28 AM

i think those are all good ideas, but they're not going to help kidpub grow. And that is the main difference between the golden age and now. There were way more people. Sometimes there were 40 members online at a time.

If we can just spread the word about Kidpub, then I think it will grow again.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
i think those are all good ideas, but they're not going to help kidpub grow. And that is the main difference between the golden age and now. There were way more people. Sometimes there were 40 members online at a time.

If we can just spread the word about Kidpub, then I think it will grow again.
I agree with Garrett, to be honest. Kidpub is really unknown, even back in the day when i joined. I found it through a further reading type thing on an assignment for school, which is not exactly mainstream. Maybe try spreading the word to writing communities around the same age and area as you and ask you to do the same, let them know the $14 is a vast underpricing for the value you get out of it.
also, I feel that there is relative diversity, but it's hard to see with the smaller amount of posts. Especially as some post much more so than others. I also do not think that genre is a particular problem. There's a billion romances on Wattpad, but I'm still there.
Also, i don't feel that every single chapter of a story need explain that it may have vulgar content if it says so on the first couple chapters, especially if the author makes a note on it. Especially as, most people (unlike Garrett lol) do not jump into a story on a random chapter.
one last thing, and I don't want this to come off harsh, but if you're referring to our writing as what we need to make better, well: That's the whole point of kidpub. It's a place to grow and improve in your writing through the feedback of others and just being able to explore your own style. Growing as an author is not as simple as just choosing active verbs or concrete nouns and verbs. Just saying.

Last edited by otaku; 11-24-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otaku View Post
I agree with Garrett, to be honest. Kidpub is really unknown, even back in the day when i joined. I found it through a further reading type thing on an assignment for school, which is not exactly mainstream. Maybe try spreading the word to writing communities around the same age and area as you and ask you to do the same, let them know the $14 is a vast underpricing for the value you get out of it.
also, I feel that there is relative diversity, but it's hard to see with the smaller amount of posts. Especially as some post much more so than others. I also do not think that genre is a particular problem. There's a billion romances on Wattpad, but I'm still there.
Also, i don't feel that every single chapter of a story need explain that it may have vulgar content if it says so on the first couple chapters, especially if the author makes a note on it. Especially as, most people (unlike Garrett lol) do not jump into a story on a random chapter.
one last thing, and I don't want this to come off harsh, but if you're referring to our writing as what we need to make better, well: That's the whole point of kidpub. It's a place to grow and improve in your writing through the feedback of others and just being able to explore your own style. Growing as an author is not as simple as just choosing active verbs or concrete nouns and verbs. Just saying.
I think you miss interpenetrated the point.
I want the best for KP. I just put those points as examples. Of course I know Kidpub is a place to grow and learn and that's why I love it. All I wanted to do was list some, of the things that could be changed in Kidpub. Look, the whole point of the DRE is are we can all get together and improve. Better ourselves and grow Kidpub.
I 100% agree that we need to get more people. I have told every signal one of my friends to join. But their mostly athletes... he he.... anyways.

So please don't be put off of the idea because of the intro. I hope that we'll be able to improve kidpub one step at a time without difficulties.
Old 11-24-2016, 02:29 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavinia View Post
I think you miss interpenetrated the point.
I want the best for KP. I just put those points as examples. Of course I know Kidpub is a place to grow and learn and that's why I love it. All I wanted to do was list some, of the things that could be changed in Kidpub. Look, the whole point of the DRE is are we can all get together and improve. Better ourselves and grow Kidpub.
I 100% agree that we need to get more people. I have told every signal one of my friends to join. But their mostly athletes... he he.... anyways.

So please don't be put off of the idea because of the intro. I hope that we'll be able to improve kidpub one step at a time without difficulties.
miss interpenetrated?
Old 11-24-2016, 03:08 PM

This is a good idea, and I think that Garrett and Arianna both make excellent points as far as expanding the community goes, but I also think that KP could expand intrinsically as well as extrinsically. For instance, I personally would like to see more;
-Stories added daily to the NSP
-Comments on stories
-Better continuation of the NES

I would honestly be amazed if I logged on after a week and saw a whole page of chapters and stories that hadn't been there a week ago.

That being said, I think KP has grown very tight as a community and that makes it particularly nice. The A/N has been busy these days, as has WB. I don't know about you guys, but I feel an upswing coming on
Down and out and missing home

(So beat a little louder now
I can't hear you anymore)
-Barns Courntey
Old 11-24-2016, 10:47 PM

yeah, i agree with zelda especially:

before everything else, we need to WRITE. we need to write and post and comment.

we also need more people. i understand how it might be a good idea to ask friends in the real world, but i don't think i could. kp and the wb is a place where i can kinda like be myself and vent without worrying about what people at school care about. idk. maybe we can figure out another way?

yeah so comment/post/write. i think that's a start, at least.

it takes and it takes and it takes
-leslie odom jr and lin manuel miranda, "wait for it," hamilton
Old 11-25-2016, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse View Post
miss Interpenetrated?
Autocorrect!!! Lol
Old 11-25-2016, 04:52 AM

Default That's It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by july3girl View Post

before everything else, we need to WRITE. we need to write and post and comment.

we also need more people. i understand how it might be a good idea to ask friends in the real world, but i don't think i could. kp and the wb is a place where i can kinda like be myself and vent without worrying about what people at school care about. idk. maybe we can figure out another way?

I don't know about your guys, but I love musical.ly. We can start promoting KP there. Don't really cool musicallys for KP.... what do you guys think?
Old 11-25-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by july3girl View Post

yeah honestly I have to agree with Panda. Kp is my sanctuary where i can write without worrying that someone i know will read this and embarrass me about it.
That's all words really and truly are.
But if that's what they are,
Then why do these "words" hurt so much?
Why?

Tags
ena was here, golden days, kpdcikz, thisthreadiscrap