Quantcast THE RENAISSANCE - Take 2 - Page 2 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > KidPub Stuff > Features and Design
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-25-2016, 01:42 PM
SilverMoon SilverMoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: palmetto state
Posts: 10,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavinia View Post
I don't know about your guys, but I love musical.ly. We can start promoting KP there. Don't really cool musicallys for KP.... what do you guys think?
Yeah, that's a good idea. There's enough people of the target demographic there.

What other sites should we try promoting on? I think we really need to promote.

But our first priority is still writing/commenting.
__________________
this and this and this
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-25-2016, 01:49 PM
SilverMoon SilverMoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: palmetto state
Posts: 10,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavinia View Post
Welcome back,

Apologizes, due to leaving the writing part of KP, I now have alot more time to do things like the Renaissance, and the K. P. Weekly. I am so enjoying it. NOW!! Lets revive Kidpub. I want every signal person to help out. I want Kidpub to enter the next golden era - no - not 'Golden Era' - DIAMOND RENAISSANCE ERA! Yes. A place and time where we say... 'woah look at this'.

How are we going to get to this "Diamond Renaissance Era"?
- Simple. We stand together, and revive it together be doing simple tasks:
- We make our own monthly contests
- We have at least one Newsletter
- We make warnings every time we use non PG words or scenes ( just for all the young people here )
- We differ in writing style ( Kidpub - I am afraid to say doesn't have a wide choice of genre. )
- We try to make ourselves a little bit better.
- We become tougher on clogging
- Also... for further notice please don't write those weird things like:

"WHAT

YES

OH NO

OH YES HDHS"

there extremely annoying and highly considered clogging.

- We'll come up with new laws to help grow and improve as a website!

- I didn't mean to offend anyone is this intro... if you are offended I am 100% extremely sorry -

So Lets Stand Together and Make the Diamond Renaissance!
I think more writing contests could be a good idea. It could inspire people to write more.
Newsletters are a good idea. A group thing, perhaps, would be nice? Look up the KP Spies. No offense, but I don't care much for your newsletter. I think something like the KP Spies could work splendidly. However, for a newsletter to work there has to be news to report, which means more activity.
I, for one, will probably not use warnings. I'm just saying that now. Even Perry has said that he is not altogether fond of such warnings. They kind of stifle freedom of expression imo.
Writing style-- I think there are different writing styles, we just need to write /more/.
I definitely think we should be tougher on clogging-- but the most important thing is that we all have to write and comment more!!
__________________
this and this and this
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-25-2016, 07:11 PM
july3girl july3girl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: In a computer doing mountains of homework
Posts: 790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
I think more writing contests could be a good idea. It could inspire people to write more.
Newsletters are a good idea. A group thing, perhaps, would be nice? Look up the KP Spies. No offense, but I don't care much for your newsletter. I think something like the KP Spies could work splendidly. However, for a newsletter to work there has to be news to report, which means more activity.
I, for one, will probably not use warnings. I'm just saying that now. Even Perry has said that he is not altogether fond of such warnings. They kind of stifle freedom of expression imo.
Writing style-- I think there are different writing styles, we just need to write /more/.
I definitely think we should be tougher on clogging-- but the most important thing is that we all have to write and comment more!!
first of all, here is the link to the kp spies's last edition before it was discontinued. (it took me forever to find, but after a while of sifting through a bunch of results, voila!)

i actually agree. lavinia, i think your drive and your idea of the newsletter is a good idea, but to have a format like the kp spies could be a good idea. if we're doing this (like a team of people to work on a new newsletter) i would love to join/help run it, but i guess that's premature.

i don't know if this is a sucky idea, but i've been thinking about having an actual news thing that reports real world news. we could basically just take information from a couple of different news outlets (and these could all be leaning a certain political direction to get a full picture) and write an article. if you have any empty space, this could be a good idea. i don't know.
__________________
death doesn't discriminate
between the sinners and the saints

it takes and it takes and it takes
-leslie odom jr and lin manuel miranda, "wait for it," hamilton
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-30-2016, 02:52 PM
SilverMoon SilverMoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: palmetto state
Posts: 10,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by july3girl View Post
first of all, here is the link to the kp spies's last edition before it was discontinued. (it took me forever to find, but after a while of sifting through a bunch of results, voila!)

i actually agree. lavinia, i think your drive and your idea of the newsletter is a good idea, but to have a format like the kp spies could be a good idea. if we're doing this (like a team of people to work on a new newsletter) i would love to join/help run it, but i guess that's premature.

i don't know if this is a sucky idea, but i've been thinking about having an actual news thing that reports real world news. we could basically just take information from a couple of different news outlets (and these could all be leaning a certain political direction to get a full picture) and write an article. if you have any empty space, this could be a good idea. i don't know.
That could be a good idea. It would be educational and keep us informed on the real world.

I was thinking I could open up some things. I could definitely do some contests if people would be willing to enter them, and I could do a few businesses. I could probably do a book cover business again, and maybe a critique one. I could do reviews, possibly draw people's characters for them (im P good at art ... I learn quickly and emulate well. those are my only good traits TBH). Idk. There's tons of stuff I could do to help the Renaissance if I'm convinced it's worth my time.

I'll also try to write more, but right now I'm doing not a lot of writing but a lot of planning.

I have enough free time that I could run a lot of things simultaneously. As long as the rest of KPers are capable of being on and participating, I could be an important asset.
__________________
this and this and this
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-30-2016, 05:20 PM
SilverMoon SilverMoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: palmetto state
Posts: 10,995
Default

y'all,,,,, oldies,,,, help me out here,,, haha~
__________________
this and this and this
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-30-2016, 05:55 PM
Lily09 Lily09 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: who knows??
Posts: 17,324
Default

who is the LST, TheAshWolf, and Kiwara of our gen?

not to say that popularity was ever a thing on kp...

but lets not lie to ourselves. popularity was totally a thing and trends were usually set by these people.
__________________
whaddup
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-30-2016, 06:09 PM
Lily09 Lily09 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: who knows??
Posts: 17,324
Default

im also gonna say this:

kp is A LOT more political these days. sure we had debates back then but most LGBT people were not out and as far as i know, the first feminist post was written towards the end of the golden age by me, LST, DR, and cheezemziez (it was also a general post and not that well written).

golden age existed when most people on kp were united. we existed in a time when we were too young to realize how politicized our identities would be. people talked to each other regardless of political views, which i don't know is good or bad. for example, at the time, some kper's political views disrespected my existence. i refused to talk to them. however most of my friends (allies and feminists) still were friends with most of the people i didnt like.

question is: are left leaning oldie kpers willing to reach across and interact with right leaning newbie kpers?

if im being 100% honest with myself and you guys, i put up writing for he older crowd and interact mostly with the older crowd (14-18). and most of the time, for the sake of my mental health, i usually interact with people who are left leaning and/or can respect my identity

achieving this peace is going to be difficult. a lot of older kpers are left leaning and use writing as a tool to express their anger and identities. a lot of newbies dont get it and some of them are still stuck thinking the way they were brought up to.
__________________
whaddup

Last edited by Lily09; 11-30-2016 at 06:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-30-2016, 06:25 PM
Garrett Garrett is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: high by the beach
Posts: 1,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily09 View Post
who is the LST, TheAshWolf, and Kiwara of our gen?

not to say that popularity was ever a thing on kp...

but lets not lie to ourselves. popularity was totally a thing and trends were usually set by these people.
idek. there's really no one that everyone kind of looks up to.
back in my day, TheAshWolf and LST were the big ones. I don't think I was here early enough for Kiwara.
__________________
you don't need anyone else to be happy
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-30-2016, 07:40 PM
SilverMoon SilverMoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: palmetto state
Posts: 10,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily09 View Post
im also gonna say this:

kp is A LOT more political these days. sure we had debates back then but most LGBT people were not out and as far as i know, the first feminist post was written towards the end of the golden age by me, LST, DR, and cheezemziez (it was also a general post and not that well written).

golden age existed when most people on kp were united. we existed in a time when we were too young to realize how politicized our identities would be. people talked to each other regardless of political views, which i don't know is good or bad. for example, at the time, some kper's political views disrespected my existence. i refused to talk to them. however most of my friends (allies and feminists) still were friends with most of the people i didnt like.

question is: are left leaning oldie kpers willing to reach across and interact with right leaning newbie kpers?

if im being 100% honest with myself and you guys, i put up writing for he older crowd and interact mostly with the older crowd (14-18). and most of the time, for the sake of my mental health, i usually interact with people who are left leaning and/or can respect my identity

achieving this peace is going to be difficult. a lot of older kpers are left leaning and use writing as a tool to express their anger and identities. a lot of newbies dont get it and some of them are still stuck thinking the way they were brought up to.
Yeah I 100% agree but I don't know how to keep the peace ...
__________________
this and this and this
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-30-2016, 07:45 PM
SilverMoon SilverMoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: palmetto state
Posts: 10,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
idek. there's really no one that everyone kind of looks up to.
back in my day, TheAshWolf and LST were the big ones. I don't think I was here early enough for Kiwara.
Same. I think for us the oldies (whoever has time + wants to) should help renovate and innovate and trend-set.

I want there to be enough peace to function but if I'm being 100% honest I'm not the nicest person and I'm kind of anti-newbie (not all of them but I don't really interact w ppl who aren't oldies). And idk. This isn't wattpad, so I don't want to comment on posts that are wattpad-ish and don't interest me. To be honest, I feel like I wouldn't be interested in any non-mature writing. Not immature because that isn't for this context. Idk.
__________________
this and this and this
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ena was here, golden days, kpdcikz, thisthreadiscrap

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.