Quantcast THE RENAISSANCE - Take 2 - Page 3 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > KidPub Stuff > Features and Design
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2016, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
Same. I think for us the oldies (whoever has time + wants to) should help renovate and innovate and trend-set.

I want there to be enough peace to function but if I'm being 100% honest I'm not the nicest person and I'm kind of anti-newbie (not all of them but I don't really interact w ppl who aren't oldies). And idk. This isn't wattpad, so I don't want to comment on posts that are wattpad-ish and don't interest me. To be honest, I feel like I wouldn't be interested in any non-mature writing. Not immature because that isn't for this context. Idk.
true true.
and idk if it's just me, but i feel like what made kidpub SO GOOD back in the olden days was that newbies actually (lmao) they actually TRIED to 'mimick' the mature writing style of the more popular kidpubbers.
nowadays people just do whatever the hell they want.
i mean anyone can do what they want, but newbies don't have anyone that stands out as someone to learn from.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
true true.
and idk if it's just me, but i feel like what made kidpub SO GOOD back in the olden days was that newbies actually (lmao) they actually TRIED to 'mimick' the mature writing style of the more popular kidpubbers.
nowadays people just do whatever the hell they want.
i mean anyone can do what they want, but newbies don't have anyone that stands out as someone to learn from.
youre right. well i wouldnt say its mimicking but i learned from writers i looked up to.

floofy taught me poems didnt have to rhyme. isaac and kiwara taught me imagery. i could go on.

but even now, i'm still learning you know? i know what my poetry looks like and what i want it to look like. i'm not copying or mimicking them, but i look up to Elias and Lena and learn a lot from them still.

Last edited by Lily09; 11-30-2016 at 08:20 PM.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily09 View Post
youre right. well i wouldnt say its mimicking but i learned from writers i looked up to.

floofy taught me poems didnt have to rhyme. isaac and kiwara taught me imagery. i could go on.

but even now, i'm still learning you know? i know what my poetry looks like and what i want it to look like. i'm not copying or mimicking them, but i look up to Elias and Lena and learn a lot from them still.
That's how anything works. Working from someone else's style allows you to pick and choose the bits you like and build your own. Especially in artistry, and very much so in writing
Old 11-30-2016, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otaku View Post
That's how anything works. Working from someone else's style allows you to pick and choose the bits you like and build your own. Especially in artistry, and very much so in writing
this is true
Old 11-30-2016, 08:38 PM

Quote:
this is true
i didn't mean mimick as in directly copy, but more as a looser term. idk how to explaim myself sorry bout that.

anyway, in agree with all of you.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:43 PM

we only have 5 posts up today and two of them arent actual pieces. starting from now until 12 am pacific time , if you post something thats an actual piece ill comment.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:40 PM

Quote:
we only have 5 posts up today and two of them arent actual pieces. starting from now until 12 am pacific time , if you post something thats an actual piece ill comment.
That's a great idea!
I'm going to copy that, actually, but since I have a gigawatt of time on my hands i'll extend my own version of the offer to Dec 7. You've got a week, impress me, KP, impress all of us.
Down and out and missing home

(So beat a little louder now
I can't hear you anymore)
-Barns Courntey
Old 11-30-2016, 09:49 PM

Quote:
achieving this peace is going to be difficult. a lot of older kpers are left leaning and use writing as a tool to express their anger and identities. a lot of newbies dont get it and some of them are still stuck thinking the way they were brought up to.
i think part of our job IS to write these pieces and teach people about these issues. i mean kp was the first place i really talked to anyone openly trans/gay/bi/pan/etc. and though i was liberal before, kp like made me actually know about the details. same thing with feminism. i'd never heard that word before joining, and this site was part of that awakening for me.

it takes and it takes and it takes
-leslie odom jr and lin manuel miranda, "wait for it," hamilton
Old 11-30-2016, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanberry View Post
yeah honestly I have to agree with Panda. Kp is my sanctuary where i can write without worrying that someone i know will read this and embarrass me about it.
okay so I just read this entire thread and I have to say I agree. with what panda and melanberry said especially :P I got one person I know irl to join, and we're really good friends so that was fine. but anyone else...? I don't honestly think I could promote this to irl people. I can only think of one person who actually writes and I kinda don't see her using it tbh :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
That's a great idea!
I'm going to copy that, actually, but since I have a gigawatt of time on my hands i'll extend my own version of the offer to Dec 7. You've got a week, impress me, KP, impress all of us.
YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS WORKING ALREADY IM GONNA WRITE SO MUCH THIS WEEKEND SO THAT HOPELESS WILL BE READY TO POST
YAY TYSM FOR THIS MOTIVATION!!
Old 11-30-2016, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Read_Write View Post
okay so I just read this entire thread and I have to say I agree. with what panda and melanberry said especially :P I got one person I know irl to join, and we're really good friends so that was fine. but anyone else...? I don't honestly think I could promote this to irl people. I can only think of one person who actually writes and I kinda don't see her using it tbh :/

YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS WORKING ALREADY IM GONNA WRITE SO MUCH THIS WEEKEND SO THAT HOPELESS WILL BE READY TO POST
YAY TYSM FOR THIS MOTIVATION!!
I said promote to ppl around before but then I later realized I hate everyone I'm around outside my friends lol I feel

Tags
ena was here, golden days, kpdcikz, thisthreadiscrap