Quantcast Random Quotes - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Story Ideas
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2014, 12:15 PM

Talking Random Quotes

Post the random quotes from you book here! Put the character and the book it's from, so we don't get confused. And...go!
I'll start:
“There comes a time in every young dog’s life when he pictures his life as a story book; he is the hero, and he searches long and hard for the villain of the epic. But sometimes, Chris, the hero isn’t all that heroic, as he is too quick to judge the creature he sees as the villain; and he is too slow to see the shadow of the real malevolence as it is casted upon him; and he is swept away in the torrent of real wickedness that this creature creates in his wake.” --King Carlos in "The Chronicles of Canineshale: The Prince and His Dinosaur"
Old 10-10-2014, 10:22 PM

ehh this thread is oldish but whatever :3 this is an opening line for a novel i started and probably won't continue.
"Scarlett Faroga woke up at gunpoint."
- Narrator, unnamed novel cx
Old 10-10-2014, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabes View Post
ehh this thread is oldish but whatever :3 this is an opening line for a novel i started and probably won't continue.
"Scarlett Faroga woke up at gunpoint."
- Narrator, unnamed novel cx
Nice! I like it. It intrigues me! Like, a bunch. I hope you have luck with it
Old 10-11-2014, 09:36 AM

"Mom! Mom! We helped stop a thief!"
-Gia from 13 Wishes (a book made by a friend. So good)

#﹤(^_^﹤)
But then I was like...

(>^#^﹤)
"I'm hungry..."

(>^_^)> So I ate it.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterygirl View Post
"Mom! Mom! We helped stop a thief!"
-Gia from 13 Wishes (a book made by a friend. So good)
Nice!
So, do you like my sig quote? I will put it in my next book, but changing the word "devil". Soooo proud of mah self!
Old 10-11-2014, 03:19 PM

Gail's eyes twinkled as her grin grew wider.
"What? Do I have mustard on my lips?" I asked, confused of her strange smile.
-Tina from 13 Wishes (this always keeps cracking me up)

#﹤(^_^﹤)
But then I was like...

(>^#^﹤)
"I'm hungry..."

(>^_^)> So I ate it.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterygirl View Post
Gail's eyes twinkled as her grin grew wider.
"What? Do I have mustard on my lips?" I asked, confused of her strange smile.
-Tina from 13 Wishes (this always keeps cracking me up)
Mmm, it's a tad cheesy, the oh-is-there-something-on-my-face card...it's been used a lot...it was probably funny the first time someone used it, but now...
But it's so-so.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:20 PM

I have been writing this novel recently and here are some random quotes from it. Sorry if they are terrible and cheesy, it is still in the rough-draft-get-all-the-ideas-down stage. And yes, i am going to put like ten quotes. I have a lot written, okay?

"I don't know how much more of this I can take," she says so quietly that I can barely hear her from my seat on the couch. "I'm tired of being brave."
-Annesley Donovan and Kelby Ross, unnamed novel

"That's a great idea, Lena," Kelby says, a painfully fake smile spreading across her face. I raise an eyebrow. Kelby never compliments other peoples ideas unless they are actually good... and Lena's was terrible.
I lean over and whisper in her ear, "What's up with you?"
She turns to me and says with that fake smile, "I'm practicing being kind instead of being right. It's exhausting, I don't know how you do it all day." And with that I welcome back the old Kelby.
-narrated by Annesley Donovan, featuring Lena Petrov and Kelby Ross, unnamed novel

She had the kind of curly hair that you give up on trying to tame. Her freckles looked a bit lopsided, with more on the left than the right. She looked at me as though she had seen me before, and I didn't like that feeling.
-Kelby Ross about Annesley Donovan at their first official meeting, unnamed novel

The happiest moment in my entire life was when I realized that I had to let go of the things I couldn't change.
-Annesley Donovan, unnamed novel

"Annesley, look at me," Indiana whispers, "I know you're upset and it seems like you messed up. Trust me, I would know. But you can't let that one person who never loved you push you away from all of us who do."
-Indiana Harris to Annesley, unnamed novel

"Marleigh, where'd you get that jacket?" Patrick asks her a minute or so after he's done with the questions.
She answers simply, "I found it on the streets. Why?"
"The flag on the side. Do you know what that is?"
"No, sir."
Patrick smiles. "That, my dear, is freedom."
-Patrick Harris to Marleigh Sinclair about an old jacket she wears with an old America flag embroidered on the side. In the Republic (where they live), the rebels often idealize the United States of America as a place of complete freedom.

Most girls my age have a pretty face. I have scars. Most girls also have a pretty heart, but I am scarred there as well.
-Annesley Donovan, narrator, unnamed novel

She smiled softly, that same smile she used to wear without a care in the world. But this time, there was something different about it. Her face smiled, but her eyes did not.
-Kelby about Annesley, unnamed novel

"Of course, you will be rewarded. After all, you could be the hero we've been waiting for, Anensley." Patrick says.
I just laugh and shake my head. "Oh no, ne thing i know for sure is that the hero doesn't get the reward. You know what really happens? The hero pays the price. And frankly, I'm not interested in being your hero anymore."
-Annesley and Patrick, unnamed novel

"I've been up all night thinking about my dad, I just thought some fresh air might-" I begin to say but Dane cuts me off with a slight chuckle and a smile.
"Ah, thinking. Kelby's specialty."
"You know me too well, " I say, mirroring his sly smile.
"Well enough to know that your thoughts are gonna kill you sooner or later. Your gonna think yourself into some real trouble one of these days, Kel."
-Kelby Ross and Dane Westford, unnamed novel

Last edited by AnnaMator; 10-11-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:55 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to saphiremoon

(*revives thread*)

I have waaay too many quotes I like in my book (and the majority are awful but I love my characters way too much too alright) (wow too many too's in that sentence Nikki).

so yeah I'll be posting a lot sometime as well (too lazy to post a lot now) sorry thread

--
He [Benedict] smiled again, lightly, eyes dry and sardonic. “I’m your subconscious.”
I blinked. “You’re my subconscious?” I demanded, and my dismay echoed through the field. “But I thought I had morals!”
-Benedict and Emmery, Shadow Realm, Chapter Fifteen (my characters are idiots okay it happens)

I raked a hand through my hair– I have hair in my subconscious?– and shook my head. “Wait, this is my mind?” Benedict nodded. I blinked, glancing around again. “It looks… empty.”
Benedict smirked. “No surprise there.”
-Emmery, Shadow Realm, Chapter Fifteen

“Holy hell.” I rolled onto my back again, blinking. “Wait, never mind, that’s an oxymoron. Damned hell,” I amended, and then frowned. Is that redundant?
-Luana, Shadow Realm, Chapter Seventeen (ditto)
Old 01-20-2015, 07:10 PM

"Everything will be okay in the end, if it's not okay, it's not the end."

^ A tad cheesy but ehh

Tags
mr. potato will get you