Quantcast Tʜᴇ Pʟᴏᴛ Tʜʀɪғᴛ Sʜᴏᴘ - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Story Ideas
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2015, 01:34 PM

Default Tʜᴇ Pʟᴏᴛ Tʜʀɪғᴛ Sʜᴏᴘ

ƜєƖcσмє тσ тнє ρƖσт Tняιƒт Sнσρ, ωєαяу ѕтяαηgєя!!

You may have stumbled on this by mistake, but please, take a moment to take a look at our humble little recycling shop. There will be a few more of these to come along, (i.e. characters, settings) but this is the first edition.

About this Thrift Shop

Need a plot? Have one that you never got around to using?
The recycling center is a small place for you to donate your old, unused plots, and a place to spark imagination in the driest of brains. When you think your creativity has all but run out, just pop in, see if something catches your writer's eye!

Rᴜʟᴇs

When donating a plot or taking one home, fill out the forms as best you can! Concerning plots, elaboration is the key!

When picking up a plot, please let me know and have my permission before adopting one.

The limit for picking up plots is two, at the moment. If we get more, the limit will rise, but for now, we will leave it at two.

More rules to come later

Nєωѕ

April 11, 2015 - - The thrift shop was opened!!

April 12, 2015 - - The shop got its first donor! Thanks Jules!

THE FORMS

Donating:

KidPub Username:

Writer's Block Username:

Plot Name (optional):

Plot Summary:

Plot Genre:

Reason for Donating (optional):

Will you be a frequent donner?

Anything else I should know?

Do you want credit for the plot?

Will you allow changes to be made?

For Taking Home a Plot:

KidPub Username:

Writer's Block Forums Username:

Which Plot You Want:

Will you give credit to the donner?

What will you be changing in this plot?

Nαvιɢαтιoɴ

Realistic Fiction Plots { Plot Count: }

Fantasy Plots { Plot Count: 1 }

Action/Adventure Plots { Plot Count: }

Romance Plots { Plot Count: }

Mystery Plots { Plot Count: }

Horror Plots { Plot Count: }

SciFi Plots { Plot Count: }

Fiction Plots { Plot Count: }

Historical Fiction Plots { Plot Count: }

THE PLOTS CAN BE FOUND IN THE NEXT POST

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Frostblaze; 04-12-2015 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:43 PM

Rєαℓιѕтιc Fιcтιση Pℓσтѕ

Ŧคภtครץ թl๏tร

There once was a squad made up a for princesses, who all shared the same pair of parents and boisterous castle. They might have been all swaddled in matching gowns, but they couldn't be any more different.
Rowan, the eldest--caring and protective. Elaina, the second eldest--energetic and creative. Mara, the second youngest--determined and bold. And last but certainly not least, Luci--curious and joyful. Their kingdom is currently in war, which killed their father just before Luci was born.
With bravery and will, the girls sneak out of the castle with their passageways that they only know of. They learn to survive without the comfort of maids and warmth of the village, but with wit and knowledge to find the Shadow King--the creator of their years long war.
Blood is spilled, gashes appear, and hearts break.
But everything can be healed.

This plot is unnamed
This plot has been donated by Jules ^-^ (Sparlez5858)
Jules is allowing changes to be made to this plot

A¢тıøи/Ađνeитυяe PLøтš

Rσмαηcє Pℓσтѕ

Mystery Plots

ӇƠƦƦƠƦ ƤԼƠƬƧ

SᴄɪFɪ Pʟᴏᴛs

Ƒιcтιση ƤƖσтѕ

Hιѕтorιcαl Fιcтιoɴ Ploтѕ

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Frostblaze; 04-12-2015 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:50 PM

This is such an AMAZING idea. Seriously. Let me do the honor of being your first plot-thriftier-thing...

KidPub Username: Jules ^-^

Writer's Block Username: Sparklez5858

Plot Name (optional): Um...*sweats nervously*

Plot Summary: There once was a squad made up a for princesses, who all shared the same pair of parents and boisterous castle. They might have been all swaddled in matching gowns, but they couldn't be any more different.
Rowan, the eldest--caring and protective. Elaina, the second eldest--energetic and creative. Mara, the second youngest--determined and bold. And last but certainly not least, Luci--curious and joyful. Their kingdom is currently in war, which killed their father just before Luci was born.
With bravery and will, the girls sneak out of the castle with their passageways that they only know of. They learn to survive without the comfort of maids and warmth of the village, but with wit and knowledge to find the Shadow King--the creator of their years long war.
But everything can be healed. *cue cliché music*

Plot Genre: Fantasy (or fiction)

Reason for Donating (optional): How can I not?

Will you be a frequent donner?: I hope so.

Anything else I should know?: This is a FABULOUS idea. Keep it up.

Do you want credit for the plot?: Um, I guess so. I get inspired by a lot of things though so it could've been like a leaf or something I have no clue.

Will you allow changes to be made?: Yes.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklez5858 View Post
This is such an AMAZING idea. Seriously. Let me do the honor of being your first plot-thriftier-thing...

KidPub Username: Jules ^-^

Writer's Block Username: Sparklez5858

Plot Name (optional): Um...*sweats nervously*

Plot Summary: There once was a squad made up a for princesses, who all shared the same pair of parents and boisterous castle. They might have been all swaddled in matching gowns, but they couldn't be any more different.
But everything can be healed. *cue cliché music*

Plot Genre: Fantasy (or fiction)

Reason for Donating (optional): How can I not?

Will you be a frequent donner?: I hope so.

Anything else I should know?: This is a FABULOUS idea. Keep it up.

Do you want credit for the plot?: Um, I guess so. I get inspired by a lot of things though so it could've been like a leaf or something I have no clue.

Will you allow changes to be made?: Yes.

Thank you so much for the kind words ^^ I'll add it right away c: Thanks for donating! <3
Old 04-12-2015, 11:58 AM

eyy this is a really cool idea c:

i don't have anything to donate right now but i'm feeling really ocd so i'm sorry but

i'm pretty sure 'donner' should be 'donor' x3
sorrysorrysorry but this is really cool and i will be watching ^u^
Old 04-12-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabes View Post
eyy this is a really cool idea c:

i don't have anything to donate right now but i'm feeling really ocd so i'm sorry but

i'm pretty sure 'donner' should be 'donor' x3
sorrysorrysorry but this is really cool and i will be watching ^u^
thank you thank you for telling me that xD I knew i was spelling it wrong cx Thank you ~
Old 10-05-2015, 06:52 PM

This a good idea though don't trash it Maed. (Can I call you Maed? like simultaneously short for Madie and Maedhros???)

KidPub Username: Snow

Writer's Block Username: Gracithe1andonly

Plot Name (optional): Eh... naaah.

Plot Summary: Ashwin's boss always did hate him. This may sound rather common, but when one's job is law enforcement in a time where anarchy reigns, it's rather inconvenient to have a boss that hates you.

When the boss's wife dies, Ashwin, who was her friend, is there; and he can no longer contain himself about the boss. "Why are you in charge of the Dep when you can't even raise up your kids right?"

Ashwin calls the woman who got him the job, but she is nowhere to be found. As Ashwin anxiously does all he can to see Michelle safe, he joins the majority of the city's population as unemployed.

He's barely scraping by, worrying endlessly, until a soft knock sounds at the door, and Ashwin opens to the boss's two kids, asking for his help.

Plot Genre: Um...I don't know if it's realistic fiction or somewhat sci-fi. I'll go with realistic fiction.

Reason for Donating (optional): Never gonna find time to write this, and I wanna see it done.

Will you be a frequent donor?: Probably not. If other people donate a lot, I might adopt their plots to make little shorties of.

Anything else I should know?: No, not really. Just that the boss has a son and a daughter, and one of them is very forward and the other is very shy.

Do you want credit for the plot?: Naaah.

Will you allow changes to be made?: Sure!

-i found, amber run
Old 10-06-2015, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly View Post
This a good idea though don't trash it Maed. (Can I call you Maed? like simultaneously short for Madie and Maedhros???)

Plot Name (optional): Eh... naaah.

Plot Summary: Ashwin's boss always did hate him. This may sound rather common, but when one's job is law enforcement in a time where anarchy reigns, it's rather inconvenient to have a boss that hates you.

When the boss's wife dies, Ashwin, who was her friend, is there; and he can no longer contain himself about the boss. "Why are you in charge of the Dep when you can't even raise up your kids right?"

Ashwin calls the woman who got him the job, but she is nowhere to be found. As Ashwin anxiously does all he can to see Michelle safe, he joins the majority of the city's population as unemployed.

He's barely scraping by, worrying endlessly, until a soft knock sounds at the door, and Ashwin opens to the boss's two kids, asking for his help.

Plot Genre: Um...I don't know if it's realistic fiction or somewhat sci-fi. I'll go with realistic fiction.

Reason for Donating (optional): Never gonna find time to write this, and I wanna see it done.

Will you be a frequent donor?: Probably not. If other people donate a lot, I might adopt their plots to make little shorties of.

Anything else I should know?: No, not really. Just that the boss has a son and a daughter, and one of them is very forward and the other is very shy.

Do you want credit for the plot?: Naaah.

Will you allow changes to be made?: Sure!
Ooooooh me!
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Old 10-08-2015, 12:11 AM

*cough* maxiyouactuallylikeit? *cough* I think you might wanna fill out a form

-i found, amber run
Old 08-30-2016, 05:01 PM

*pulls out of the void*

Plot Name (optional): Voces, although the file name on my computer is "fun stuff"

Plot Summary: So once upon a time, Stella saw some people murdered. The murderers more or less kidnapped her, but her memories with them aren't all bad. She doesn't know whether it's because the Gladd brothers were actually not that bad or whether she suffers from Stockholm syndrome.

Nevertheless, when she could escape, she escaped. She left the Gladd brothers behind and lived her life. She's married now to Troy Blue, and has one daughter, named Sky. Then, one day, her childhood with Aurus Gladd comes back to haunt her.

Stella is stuck with her deranged former kidnapper, her daughter, who seems to know more than everyone else, and the ghost of Bruce, her other former kidnapper who is dead, occasionally giving her cryptic instructions.

While Stella tries to break a binding curse that holds Aurus to life, her and Aurus's status as the last Voces starts to complicate things. Voces are people who, with their song, can temporarily control the deeds of others. Their power is known, and those who covet power will hunt them down.

Plot Genre: Fantasy/Realistic fiction?

Anything else I should know?: I wrote the first chapter! https://www.kidpub.com/story/voces-s...ion-2955159128

Do you want credit for the plot?: Sure, but Morningblaze wrote the prompt originally.

Will you allow changes to be made?: Sure.

-i found, amber run

Tags
mr. potato will get you, plots...everywhere, where dem plots at