Quantcast The Girly Thread! - Page 490 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 08-02-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluzzle View Post
what the hell???? things *LIKE* tylenol can be used when you're like 6 and up here
Haha I'm jealous but my dad and mom are strict and protective so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieS View Post
Get a heating pad! They work wonders
I probably should. 8D

Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would.
You see?"

Old 08-02-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athenabrain1 View Post
Haha I'm jealous but my dad and mom are strict and protective so.

I probably should. 8D
Definitely get one. It's also an excuse to just lay down when you have your period. You tell your parents you're using your heating pad and then you lay down and put it on and just watch Netflix for an hour or whatever and by then your cramps have stopped hurting.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:01 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

Gonna redye my hair tonight so yay ^^
but on the other hand, not yay because period strikes and swimming with dolphins in three days so that's gonna be....interesting *sigh*

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 08-02-2014, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieS View Post
Definitely get one. It's also an excuse to just lay down when you have your period. You tell your parents you're using your heating pad and then you lay down and put it on and just watch Netflix for an hour or whatever and by then your cramps have stopped hurting.
Haha we don't have a TV or laptop in any room. Except a TV that can only play DVDs and that forces me to watch replays all day longggg

Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would.
You see?"

Old 08-03-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena View Post
i need to stock up on beauty crap before i go back to school so i don't look icky whoops
any recommendations?
makeup or just in general??

-Douglas Adams
Old 08-03-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabiDi View Post
makeup or just in general??
skin care, makeup, hair stuff - the whole shebang

((death, white lies))
Old 08-03-2014, 07:57 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

Quote:
For skin care, astringent definitely. That stuff is wonderful.
Eyeliner is always fun. The pencils are horrible so mechanical's the way to go. Or liquid. Sorry I'm not good at makeup or remembering brands ;-;
Or hair.
I can't even curl my hair without messing up *sigh*

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 08-03-2014, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Soooo I'm just gonna go really basic and if you already know all this I'm sorry

Skin care wise, it depends on what type skin you have! There's usually oily, dry, normal or combo (just a mix of skin types). I'd say you can't go wrong with a good cleanser, usually one that lathers up (I like Clean and Clear) and after that use a nice moisturizer. I'd advise doing this right before bed so it sinks into your skin without makeup and stuff on top of it. Also, use an exfoliator like...two or three times a week. More can irritate your skin. Super important, if you're gonna wear makeup, take it off it using an oil-free makeup remover every night and then clean your skin.

Makeup wise, it depends on how much you wanna use. I just use a BB cream, which is like foundation, except way lighter, and it's also a moisturizer so it's good for your skin! The one I use also has SPF 15 so you get some mild sun protection. BB cream is great and not as specific as foundation, which can be super hard to get the right shade of it (some BB creams have just three shades, Fair, Light/Medium, and Medium/Dark, which is great) because they just sink into your skin. The only problem is that if you have a lot of problem spots you wanna cover, BB cream probably won't cut it. For that get a nice concealer that's a little bit lighter than your skin tone. Blah blah.

If you're like me and get pale in the winter, a little blush is a nice pick-me-up and you don't have to look like a china doll. Find one that naturally accents your skin (like you just pinched your cheeks) and there you go.

For eyes, I just curl my eyelashes well and then use a tuckfon of mascara (I use They're Real! by Benefit but that's whatever, I'm just kinda passionate about mascara idek) aaaaaaand there you go!! If you wanna wear eyeliner, never put it just on the bottom, and if you do top and bottom the top line HAS to be heavier. If you wanna wear red lipstick, make sure you know how to put it on otherwise it looks sloppy.

Just do whatever looks nice really haha it's all up to you

for someone who actually doesn't wear that much makeup I sure wrote a lot WHOOPS

-Douglas Adams
Old 08-03-2014, 09:39 PM

Quote:
idk about your hair but pomade works really well for getting mine in place and how i want it to look (probably because i have really short hair i don't know exactly how it works on longer hair? it's definitely worth a try though) also dry shampoo is amazing I have Not Your Mother's Clean Freak and it works wonders

i'm really passionate about my hair products oops
Old 08-03-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
for make up, I (also recommend) BB cream. The stuff is amazing and the one I have is by L'Oreal. It's called Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream; it comes in several shades so when you put it on, it matches your skin but still makes it look like you have make up on! It's a tad messy ("oh white stuff" *rubs* "oh, tan stuff") and it might make your skin tingle. But for someone with a lot of allergies, it's not irritating to me at all (so long as you keep it off your eye lids; they feel sticky and thick all day). So, yes, definitely recommend that (and a Garnier roll on Concealer in any shade works great for any dark/red spots that show through your BB cream).

Also, blush is probably a good idea. Quick to swipe on and only as noticeable as you want it to be. Plus, if you get a tiny brush, you can use it for pinkish eye shadow sometimes to be sure to buy a color that really complements your skin tone. Drug stores are my favorite because they always have the "find your color" things that other stores don't seem to have (although bigger stores may have more variety; the price is the same both places). Drugstores also tend to sell cheaper nail polishes if that's important. My Covergirl blush has been with me for years probably and it still hasn't run out/clumped/changed color and the case is small to fit in a purse/backpack.

Finally, lipstick is essential! I have really sensitive lips, but I sure as heck love to color them. So I use several different lipsticks but these are my favorites: Natural pink that's pretty, but not too out there. Golden Beige that matches more natural colors and cool colors (mine also has gold sparkles in it ^u^). Red because I use it for dance, but you can turn it in to more of a bright pink if you put on chapstick and then rub in some lipstick with a brush or tissue. Note that it makes it a little harder to reapply if you want bright pink lips all day, but the color is totally worth it. I do have a few L.A. Colors lip sticks that I have to use with the chapstick/lip gloss, but my favorites are definitely Maybelline. They are soft so I don't have to worry about adding on a lot of chapstick to make my lips smooth and they don't bother my lips with the color (I typically get break outs on my MOUTH because of weird lipstick colors).

Because my hair is weird, I have no idea what to recommend. But for ponytails, go with cute scrunchies; they aren't easily lost and if you don't want to wear them, they look good on your wrist. Just make sure you get really stretchy ones or they will freakin' SUCK. Small colorful barettes are good for matching every outfit and keeping your hair out of your eyes (in a pony tail or just left out). If you like head bands, get the basic colors like white, black, and try to get the cloth ones that go all the way around your head. If you have thick hair/not a lot of time to constantly be fixing your hair, these will definitely work better than the plastic ones with sharp bits on them. Plus, a lot of flower crowns are made in the soft form, so that's an added bonus.

IDK anything about skin care, but the BB cream I recommended does take care of some of that (I think the concealer does too). If you are worried about redness/pimples, try some acne wipes. I can't remember the brand, but they're in a green little tub; instead of acne patches that you stick to your face, these are tiny circular wet wipes that you use to wipe off your face once or twice a day. They aren't make up remover wipes (so don't use them for that) but they do help clean your face off before you sleep/in the morning. Also, I always keep lotion handy; not really for my face, but for my hands. So lotion and hand sanitizer are definitely great for skin care (the alcohol in the sanitizer also kills germs when you sweat; my mom doesn't use deodorant any more because of this, but i don't know if it works that well).

So, that was my beauty routine rant and gosh, thank you if you spent any time at all even reading one paragraph. I could recommend waaaaay more make up stuffs, too, but for right now I think BB cream, Blush, Lipstick, and maybe Concealer are the definite essentials.

Last edited by CosmoCat; 08-03-2014 at 10:26 PM. Reason: CRAP THIS THING IS HUGE. SO SORRY.

Tags
& the clock hits twelve, blehehehe. highlights., bodily fluids, christina ricci rocks, confused. wht's with <3s?, dude just stop, emma <3's sagar, emma + lst, emma + sandy = <3..., emma louveees lst, emma+gerardsmexyvoice=<3, emmalyce + lst = <3, girlyness and nonsense, ialwaysthoughtlstwasagirl, intruments of torture, iwillneverfessup, lstisntwithemma, lstiswithss, oh why, omnomnom, shampoo, stop trollin us, trends, we're all beautiful <3, y is lst+emmalyce there?