Quantcast The Next Human Evolution - Page 3 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2014, 10:06 PM

I sprinted through a dark alleyway and effectively lost the government agents that were on my tail. I sighed as I rest my head against the alleys brick wall. Why did this have to happen to me? I just wanted to stop having to run, stop having to shut people out and more importantly stop having to fear that at any moment someone will come and take me away. I slowly stood back up and made my way further down the alleyway and saw a ladder that lead to a roof. I immediately gripped onto the bars and started to climb. Was this how I was going to have to spend the rest of my life? If so I didn't want my life. I finally reached the top of the ladder and stepped out onto the roof. I peered down at the murky waters of a nearby river and realised how easy my life would have been if these stupid powers didn't come. I sighed again and then curled up in a ball waiting for sleep to take over.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:24 PM

is anyone still up for this?
Old 09-24-2014, 08:58 PM

(I am)

I paced back and forth in my room, wondering why my mom had told me to keep quiet. After I was in, and had locked the door my parents began to argue.

"She knocked him out. After he kissed her. Delilah, you know she's not normal." My dad's booming voice shook the house.

"Melanie never touched him! You know no one saw her physically beat him up."

"Exactly! This isn't natural. I think we should turn her in."

"Gage, she's your daughter. You are human, aren't you?" I felt a rush of joy that Mom was holding her ground. A storm started up outside with heavy drops of rain that pounded on my window.

"I know I'm human, but she obviously isn't." My father's cold voice astounded me. Was he the same man that encouraged me playing flag football with the boys?

Shouts continued firing below me. My emotions were a muddled wad of confusion and anger. The storm abruptly stopped.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:34 PM

Is it too late to join??
Old 09-24-2014, 09:48 PM

Okay well I am going to join then.

Name: Carter Mason
Age (preferably 12-20): 17
Appearance: Dark brown hair that falls in waves over his forehead, tanned skin, and bright hazel eyes. He has thick lashes and a strong jawline. He is a very handsome boy, and his 6'2" muscular frame adds to it. He is very aware of his appearance and uses it to his advantage. However, he doesn't smile very often.
Personality: He is very reserved, not talking much or trusting hardly anyone. He likes solitude and thrives on it. He is independent and when he does speak he likes to give his opinion on everything. The one time he will act slightly outgoing is when he is taking advantage of his charm speak and his appearance to get what he wants.
Power/s(up to 3 and nothing major): Charm speak, although he doesn't take advantage of it often because it usually requires him to be outgoing. He also can "push" items with his mind, for example moving a chair or throwing a rock.
Emotion it was triggered by: Loneliness.
Backstory: He lived with his aunt when he was a child, and she never really paid him much attention, instead favoring her own sons. So he became solitary. He got in big trouble one day by being in the wrong place at the wrong time and his aunt kicked him out. He lived with his dead mother's father for a little while, and he was very strict with Carter. He began to feel like he had no one to go to and got a little depressed. It was then that his powers emerged.
Other: N/A
Old 09-24-2014, 10:18 PM

//this is all told in first person, right? o3o//
I peer through the thin curtains, the light of dawn only just beginning to seep through. They're at it again. I watch the patrols linger around the corner, then split up. They usually browse the smaller streets, a few keeping watch on the roads. Keeping watch for suspicious people.
Not that anyone would be stupid enough to go out now, I thought to myself. Then again, I had, a few times. Oops.
I drop down onto the couch as another official sweeps by, face covered in weary wrinkles. They're all tired, all of them, tired of all the strange orders they've been sent, tired of having to patrol 24/7 and keep on the lookout for 'mysterious teens' and 'suspicious activity'. They don't know what's going on.
Then again, neither do we.

It doesn't matter, I think to myself, stepping up and walking towards the kitchen. They won't find me.

Hah.
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Old 09-25-2014, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaMator View Post
Okay well I am going to join then.

Name: Carter Mason
Age (preferably 12-20): 17
Appearance: Dark brown hair that falls in waves over his forehead, tanned skin, and bright hazel eyes. He has thick lashes and a strong jawline. He is a very handsome boy, and his 6'2" muscular frame adds to it. He is very aware of his appearance and uses it to his advantage. However, he doesn't smile very often.
Personality: He is very reserved, not talking much or trusting hardly anyone. He likes solitude and thrives on it. He is independent and when he does speak he likes to give his opinion on everything. The one time he will act slightly outgoing is when he is taking advantage of his charm speak and his appearance to get what he wants.
Power/s(up to 3 and nothing major): Charm speak, although he doesn't take advantage of it often because it usually requires him to be outgoing. He also can "push" items with his mind, for example moving a chair or throwing a rock.
Emotion it was triggered by: Loneliness.
Backstory: He lived with his aunt when he was a child, and she never really paid him much attention, instead favoring her own sons. So he became solitary. He got in big trouble one day by being in the wrong place at the wrong time and his aunt kicked him out. He lived with his dead mother's father for a little while, and he was very strict with Carter. He began to feel like he had no one to go to and got a little depressed. It was then that his powers emerged.
Other: N/A
Hey thanks for joining
Old 09-26-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteAbyss View Post
Hey thanks for joining
No problemo. So is there any preference on what I should have Carter doing? I have some ideas but if there's someone I can like have him meet up with or something that'd be great.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaMator View Post
No problemo. So is there any preference on what I should have Carter doing? I have some ideas but if there's someone I can like have him meet up with or something that'd be great.
*If someone replies to that ^ I'll add it in later but for now I'm going to start before I forget my idea.*

It had been a long day.

First, my grandfather had decided that I was getting too lazy so I had been forced to go for a run, which would've been fine had I been in a running sort of mood. But I wasn't. So I trudged through several miles, stopping by the bay to watch some ships come in for a few minutes before continuing. Then, my aunt had called and complained that she thought I had stolen her favorite set of spoons when I was kicked out of her house so my grandfather searched my room, only to find that I had, indeed, not taken the spoons. Why would any teenage boy want to steal spoons anyways? I had no use for Aunt Larissa's dinnerware.

And now there was this.

I am pretty sure it was my grandfather's neighbor Sue, who was possibly the only woman crankier than Aunt Larissa, that told the patrol she thought I had the powers. Which I did, of course, but I had never used them around her. Honestly, I think she was just looking for a way to get rid of me after I accidentally threw all her tulip bulbs into the pond between our houses, thinking they were oddly shaped rocks. I had never seen a tulip bulb before, and honestly I didn't know anyone who still planted flowers besides Sue.

Anyways, they had showed up at precisely 7:43 and six seconds PM. I knew that because I was in the middle of doing the handwriting practice my grandfather forced me to do so that "I wouldn't let the world stop me from writing things by hand and do it all electronically", which was totally stupid but whatever. There was a clock in front of my desk and i spent more time staring at it then doing my handwriting. There had been precisely three short, hard knocks before I heard my grandfather open the door, followed by muffled voices. Not ten seconds later I heard the familiar stomping up the stairs of my grandfather before I got in trouble. I just hadn't known what it was for this time.

"Carter," he had said, opening my room's door swiftly. I remember jumping a little bit, dropping my pencil and sending it rolling towards my grandfather's feet. "Is there something I need to know, young man?"

I shook my head firmly no.

"God, I hope you're not lying like you usually do. There's some people here to see you, and you need to come immediately."

After that, I had walked nervously down stairs. Usually when I was in trouble my grandfather he wasted no time punishing me. But his statement that he hoped I wasn't lying was what had clued me in- the patrols were here.

So that's how I ended up here, in my grandfather's kitchen, being interrogated. The patrol sitting across form me was at least five inches shorter than I was, probably at least thirty years old, and chubby- or "well padded" as grandfather would say. He had rings of sweat under his armpits and he reeked like a pair of old socks. The bags under his eyes showed how tired he was, and his voice was starting to sound like he might fall asleep right in the middle of this. I wondered if i would automatically get to leave if he fell asleep.

After what seemed like hours of questioning I was allowed to go, then they called my grandfather run to ask him questions. I sat nervously on the couch as the other patrol, this one younger, fresher, and in much better shape, watched me like a hawk as I tapped my toes and waited. It was only ten minutes or so later when grandfather and the first patrol emerged.

"I have your results, Mr. Mason."
Old 09-26-2014, 11:29 PM

*Carter can meet Robin*

A jolt awakens me and I instinctively get into a fighting stance before realising it was just a cat. I looked up into the sky and noticed that it was was nearing dusk. I can't believe I slept in so late. I quickly jumped onto the nearest rooftop and made my way across it running and jumping to the closest rooftop over and over again. I slowed my pace down a bit and was slowly walking across a slanted rooftop when my foot slipped and I went sliding over the edge. As I went over my hands grabbed onto the gutter but I didn't have the strength to pull myself back up. I knew I could've used my powers but I was trying to be normal, so I was going to get out of this like a normal person even though this probably wasn't a situation a normal person would get stuck in. I dangled for a moment before I realised there was a window in front of me and a boy with brown hair and hazel eyes was staring directly at me. There was also two other men dressed in suits who I didn't realise I was there until that boy started gaping like a fish. The men turned around and I stared back frightened and shocked as I realised the men were from the government, who was currently hunting people like me. I heard one of the men shout, "call back up, we will get her this time," as he rushed for the front door.

I struggled for a bit longer before I knew it was hopeless and hurriedly let go and levitated myself to the ground . So much for being a normal person. I started running but in less than a minute I was surrounded by them. I saw that the boy was standing at his front door with an older gent who were both looking at me oddly.
"Now come on darlin," one of the operative sneered, "we won't hurt you if you come with us easily."

He was slowly taking steps forward and I reacted by lowering my head in not submission but shame of what I was about to do.
"I will never come with you," I screamed as I tried to focus on sending them all flying high in the air. When I looked up they were all floating there and I hurriedly bought them smashing to the ground. I was about to run off but my eyes locked with those of that boy and I could see something in his eyes which I mistook for disgust.