Quantcast And Now Charbretta... - Page 503 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 10-25-2014, 03:18 AM

So i found a song that reminds me of Charlie every time I hear it and it's super dramatic and I don't wanna be a drama llama but it'S PERFECT OKAY?? (*throws the link at all of you*)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiMhG-HAPew
Old 10-27-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAshWolf View Post
I JUST SPENT 30 MINUTES RESEARCHING ACCENTS AND DIALECTS.
WOAH I LEARNED A LOT. O__o

To make things clearer for everybody, Charlie's Troodainian accent is basically a southern twang. NOT a "drawl". For those of you who don't know the difference/don't live in America: A southern "drawl" is when someone breaks up words in the way they sound as they speak, making them longer/have more defined syllables. They also tend to speak slower. Charlie's NEVER sounded like that to me, but, I didn't know what to call it until now. It's a "twang". Just this slightly odd way to pronounce your vowels that sometimes makes them mesh together with consonants kind of odd. Like, "iron" comes out "aah-urn" instead of "eye-ern". They tend to drag out the vowels slightly, too, but not the whole word, like a drawl does. Also they often knock off the "g" in "-ing" words. (Hence every single Country song ever. :>)

BUT since I'm not gonna mess around too much with butchering the spellings of words to get across Char's accent (since that's very cumbersome and hard to read). I'm mostly gonna try to just play with his sentence structuring and word choice. Like, remember his occasional lack of contractions? I'm keeping that, somwhat. And he's also gonna have some moments where he doesn't know what English word to use, ("It is very, erm...the other word for interestin', starts with F, I think...fa...facin...???") or slips and uses a Troodainian word instead. ("You have been such a good nalii to me. Err, I mean, friend.") Because, y'know, it's not ACTUALLY a southern twang. It's an alien dialect. I have to make it up myself, at least partially.

But, rest assured: It's not that heavy or noticeable, anyway, so, it's totally fine if you don't care what he sounds like or forget. <:^D I just obsess over details like this. :> The most I'll do is knock of the last letter of "-ing" words and occasionally mention how Amber notices how he pronounces things differently than she does.
OH MY GOSH NO STOP IT'S SO CUTE I CAN'T *flips table* This just makes Charlie like 3,000 times more adorable ;_; I didn't even know that was possible
Old 10-27-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
OH MY GOSH NO STOP IT'S SO CUTE I CAN'T *flips table* This just makes Charlie like 3,000 times more adorable ;_; I didn't even know that was possible
Me: Wow, really? Thank you!!! I'm glad you like the concept. X3
Charlie: (*in human form*) o.o ...Cute? (*tilts head to one side*) How is that cute? I never thought my way of speakin' could be...cute. (*turns to Amber*) Bretta, what do you think?
Amber: ... O_o Uhh. Um. I...I-I...never really thought about it before. (*shrugs*) (*avoids eye contact*) >_>
Me: (*trollface*)
Alice: (*pops up from behind a couch*) I think it's adorable!!
Kyne: (*shyly peeks head into the room*) I have the same accent. Though, I speak English little less well. ^_^
Amber: (*blinks*) (*looks between the two girls*) o_o .... e_e (*calmly grabs Charlie by the shirt collar and drags him towards the door*) This is...stupid. C'mon, Char, we should go start our homework for the week.
Charlie: Oh, okay. 0_0 Goodbye, everyone! ^_^ (*waves as he's dragged off*)
Old 10-27-2014, 03:44 PM

Default wOW

sO I'M ON MY LUNCHBREAK AND I FIND THIS FACE COMBINER THINGY
AND I WONDERED WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF I COMBINED THE FACES OF HUNTER HAYS, PAUL BUTCHER, AND MAX THIERIOT (because they all look really really similar to Charlie in my head) AND GUESS WHAT I GOT.

THIS IS THE CLOSEST I'VE EVER ACTUALLY SEEN ANYONE LOOK LIKE CHARLIE!!! (*hyperventilates*) You do not understand how long I've been waiting for this moment. This...this is more or less EXACTLY what he looks like. Oval face, large eyes, soft cheekbones, medium jawline, smallish nose, slightly fuller bottom lip, medium brow, etc.

GuYs ThIs Is A bIg dEaL O__O (*flails around*) I will edit that again later to kind of clean it up a bit and also give him blue eyes i'M SO EXCITED I FINALLY HAVE A PROPER GOOD DRAWING REF YAYYYYY ;w; (*sobs of joy*)

Last edited by TheAshWolf; 10-27-2014 at 04:02 PM. Reason: also sorry for the weird shape/coloration of the image; the pic of Max had half his hair cropped out and that affected it
Old 10-28-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAshWolf View Post
Me: Wow, really? Thank you!!! I'm glad you like the concept. X3
Charlie: (*in human form*) o.o ...Cute? (*tilts head to one side*) How is that cute? I never thought my way of speakin' could be...cute. (*turns to Amber*) Bretta, what do you think?
Amber: ... O_o Uhh. Um. I...I-I...never really thought about it before. (*shrugs*) (*avoids eye contact*) >_>
Me: (*trollface*)
Alice: (*pops up from behind a couch*) I think it's adorable!!
Kyne: (*shyly peeks head into the room*) I have the same accent. Though, I speak English little less well. ^_^
Amber: (*blinks*) (*looks between the two girls*) o_o .... e_e (*calmly grabs Charlie by the shirt collar and drags him towards the door*) This is...stupid. C'mon, Char, we should go start our homework for the week.
Charlie: Oh, okay. 0_0 Goodbye, everyone! ^_^ (*waves as he's dragged off*)
Me: *looks at Amber* *looks at Charlie* *snickers* *regains composure* I can just totally hear it in my head . . . kinda soft spoken with this little southern lilt and AWWWW it just makes me want to hug a puppy. :3 Don't fight it, Char.
Coryl: CHAR WAIT NO I HAVEN'T TALKED TO YOU FOREVER *reaches out*
Me: o.o oooookay. I haven't really figured out what my characters sound like in my head. (except Karria . . . yeah) Probably more American-sounding than British-sounding. Anyway I'll figure it out ahah
*sees picture* WAIT THERE NEEDS TO BE A FANGIRLY MOMENT BOYS LEAVE NOW
Coryl: wha--
Joram: but--
*both shoved out of room*
SOMEONE COVER CHARLIE'S EARS okay. Wow. Wow. Wow.
Kocha: O.O
Karria: e_e I dunnae see anythin' special 'bout th' lad--
Me: UGH KARRIA JUST LEAVE YOUR BOYS-HAVE-COOTIES STAGE ALREADY
JUST WHOA. Char is attractive . . .
Okay. Amber. Stop looking at me like that. *whispers* not takin' char don't you worry okay? okay \o/
Ash. this is sooooo cool! 8D
Old 12-03-2014, 10:22 PM

trying to make WOT more racially diverse but most of the characters are already non-human anyway sOOOO (*waves arms*) i'm trying ok
Old 12-18-2014, 02:43 PM

http://papermonkeyism.tumblr.com/pos...resentation-of

Basically me with WOT right now.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:04 PM

Okay, I have this art style in my head, and I desperately want it to be my actual art style. I've had it in my head for YEARS. But...every time I draw...my hand just...won't make it happen. ;_; This is basically why the WOT art I've been promising for the past two years isn't happening. I have so little time to practice drawing and it doesn't help that every time I spend an hour on a drawing, by the time it's done, it doesn't look right to me so I just get frustrated and give up. .-.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:06 AM

Sooooooo, would it be weird if I made a tumblr blog for WOT? O_o I kinda want to. I dunno.
Old 12-27-2014, 08:32 AM

DO IT.

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT I WOULD LOVE THAT

(Lowercase)

Tags
amber <3 charlie, ash da bomb, aziza<3, char-char, charbretta, charlie = unicorn, charlietheunicorn, confusing amber, derp =w=, ectroi=epic, flaming mangoes, heckata want zappy!, i love this book, lyall_areyel_was_here, not troodania, pancake=imbecile, pumabats oh yeah, sarastic amber :d, sketchpads >_>, stay fab!, story on kidpub, troodainia, what the hecklefang?, wot, yep