Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Books and Such > Book Clubs
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2014, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAshWolf View Post
*bows* Why thank you. X3

The classics are awesome! ...Actually, all of their music is awesome. :3 And, lol, I love that their Australian, too!! It's about time we see more Australian music stars in the worldwide media. Woah, I hope you get to see them!!! O_O I saw them open for 1D a few months back and then again for the kickoff of their World Tour. IT WAS AMAZING; Michael had a guitar cam, they threw free t-shirts into the crowd, and Ashton gave this SUPER EMOTIONAL speech before they played Rejects. Just, oh my gosh. It was incredible. YOU GOTTA SEE THEM LIVE, MAN!
My favourite is probably Luke. He's just so nice and sweet and forgiving. And his voice is like an angel. XDD OMG, you saw them? I am so jealous, like oh my gosh. I need to see them so badly! I want to go see them, but I might be seeing Ed Sheeran and I don't want to miss him.
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Old 12-31-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
My favourite is probably Luke. He's just so nice and sweet and forgiving. And his voice is like an angel. XDD OMG, you saw them? I am so jealous, like oh my gosh. I need to see them so badly! I want to go see them, but I might be seeing Ed Sheeran and I don't want to miss him.
Luke IS pretty darn great. X3 I'm partial to Ashton, myself. He's so kind and encouraging, not to mention super talented. (BUT, then again, I also adore Michael, since he's so funny and interesting and expressive. \o/ My friend *who showed me 5SOS in the first place* keeps demanding that I pick a favorite. Some days it's Ashton, some days it's Mikey. XD I dunno. Mreh.)

YES, YOU DO NEED TO GO SEE THEM. o.o They sound INCREDIBLE live. But, ooooh, Ed Sheeran! ^_^ Try to go to both concerts!!!
Old 12-31-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Luke IS pretty darn great. X3 I'm partial to Ashton, myself. He's so kind and encouraging, not to mention super talented. (BUT, then again, I also adore Michael, since he's so funny and interesting and expressive. \o/ My friend *who showed me 5SOS in the first place* keeps demanding that I pick a favorite. Some days it's Ashton, some days it's Mikey. XD I dunno. Mreh.)

YES, YOU DO NEED TO GO SEE THEM. o.o They sound INCREDIBLE live. But, ooooh, Ed Sheeran! ^_^ Try to go to both concerts!!!
I just realised Ed Sheeran is sold out. xD I'll either go to 5SOS or Taylor Swift. :P Because I love Taylor's music so much and she's so friendly and nice and funny and sassy. Like, incredibly sassy. My favourite is definitely Luke. :3
Taking best guesses
Before all the stains
Old 01-02-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
I just realised Ed Sheeran is sold out. xD I'll either go to 5SOS or Taylor Swift. :P Because I love Taylor's music so much and she's so friendly and nice and funny and sassy. Like, incredibly sassy. My favourite is definitely Luke. :3
Taylor's pretty awesome, I gotta admit. But, see, I'm biased. XD I'd love to go to either concert, but, personally, I'd choose 5SOS. (*shrugs*)

Hey, I just realized, we haven't had any characters running around this thread in ages. OwO

Charlie: (*peeks into the room, in his human form*) Helloooo. :>
Amber: (*kicks the door open and strides in*) It's about time!
Me: So, guys, what's your opinion of 5SOS? :3
Charlie: o.o They're really cool; I love their music!!!
Amber: ^_^ Eh, I like 'em. I like Country more than Pop Punk/Rock, but, they're pretty good.
Colin: (*also peeks into the room*) Waaaaaaait, wait a second. Did...did somebody mention 5SOS? 8^)
Charlie: 0_o Hey, you don't usually come here by yourself!
Colin: Well, yeah, because you guys never seem to talk about music. (*walks in*) I loooove 5SOS!
Amber: o_o ....Ohh, crap, I just realized I'm...gonna be a mom one day and hAVE TO DEAL WITH YOU LISTENING TO MODERN MUSIC. (*looks at all the modern American artists*) OH MY GOSH I CAN'T DO THIS. DX
Colin: Woah, Mom, chill. o.o I'm like Ash; I really don't like all that much modern music. ^_^ And, chances are, if I like them, they're non-American more often than not.
Amber: Ohh, thank gosh. x_x
Charlie: 'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play; And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate! ^_^ (*starts dancing*)
Old 02-03-2015, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Taylor's pretty awesome, I gotta admit. But, see, I'm biased. XD I'd love to go to either concert, but, personally, I'd choose 5SOS. (*shrugs*)

Hey, I just realized, we haven't had any characters running around this thread in ages. OwO

Charlie: (*peeks into the room, in his human form*) Helloooo. :>
Amber: (*kicks the door open and strides in*) It's about time!
Me: So, guys, what's your opinion of 5SOS? :3
Charlie: o.o They're really cool; I love their music!!!
Amber: ^_^ Eh, I like 'em. I like Country more than Pop Punk/Rock, but, they're pretty good.
Colin: (*also peeks into the room*) Waaaaaaait, wait a second. Did...did somebody mention 5SOS? 8^)
Charlie: 0_o Hey, you don't usually come here by yourself!
Colin: Well, yeah, because you guys never seem to talk about music. (*walks in*) I loooove 5SOS!
Amber: o_o ....Ohh, crap, I just realized I'm...gonna be a mom one day and hAVE TO DEAL WITH YOU LISTENING TO MODERN MUSIC. (*looks at all the modern American artists*) OH MY GOSH I CAN'T DO THIS. DX
Colin: Woah, Mom, chill. o.o I'm like Ash; I really don't like all that much modern music. ^_^ And, chances are, if I like them, they're non-American more often than not.
Amber: Ohh, thank gosh. x_x
Charlie: 'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play; And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate! ^_^ (*starts dancing*)
^_^

Flix: 0_o 5SOS? Who are they? Haha, they sound like some sort of food commercial. Five sauce...s!
Olivia: Five sauces? Really? That's what you get out of that? Flix, it's spelt 5-S-O-S. Not F-i-v-e s-a-u-c-e-s. >_>
Jake: I'm not saying anything, but—okay, I am saying something. I really like 5SOS. Their music is cool. ^_^ I really like their songs Baby, Boyfriend, and One Less Lonely Girl!
Flix: 0_0
Olivia: o_o Jake, that's Justin Bieber.
Jake: Oh.....right.....um....
Taking best guesses
Before all the stains
Old 02-19-2015, 12:01 AM

I've been pondering Ectroian cultures a lot. Over the past couple days, I've expanded on a couple of death-related traditions/beliefs...including a tradition that revolves around removing an ivory horn from a deceased Troodon, carving various information about their life and family ties into it, and having the family save that horn for up to three generations. The Horn of Remembrance, they call it. Is that morbid to anybody? I find it to be along the lines of keeping a lock of hair of someone who's died, which is an old human tradition in reality. But, unlike that human tradition, it also serves a purpose: to help keep their memory alive and to keep a record of their lineage.

I've also elaborated on the creation beliefs of the Kenashi, and the purpose/origin of Orics and the Helper Creatures in general. 8^)

See, this is what runs through my head after I do my World History schoolwork and focus on a ton of human cultures/traditions, lol. My daydreaming is odd, I know.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:03 AM

Also, yeah, WOT's not dead, and neither am I. ^_^
Old 02-19-2015, 02:15 AM

Psssst Ash you should post more.
Taking best guesses
Before all the stains
Old 03-09-2015, 03:41 PM

Well, at least something good has come out of having to do a seemingly endless amount of Algebra lessons.

I'm finally giving more thought to how the Truic/Kenashi/Hecklefang mathmatical system works. Still haven't agreed on a set of numbers, but, I FINALLY figured out the math symbols they use for addition, multiplication, etc. are, and how they came up with them.

Addition: arrow pointing to the right, indicating going to, joining with. This number is going to this number, which will make a new number.

Subtraction: two arrows pointing upwards, indicating flight, leaving. This number is leaving that number, which makes a new number.

Multiplication: circle with three dots in it, indicating a group of something. There are this many groups, with this many inside them, which makes this new number in total.

Division: slanted line: /, indicating the dividing of something into parts.

Do they understand square roots, pi, etc.? I haven't decided yet. But, they do understand decimals and 0 as a place value.

(*confetti*) Yay for finding the silver lining to things! ^_^
also this is my way of procrastinating/taking a break from Algebra.
and holy crup this book universe will never ever stop expanding if I keep thinking too hard about this stuff lol
Old 03-09-2015, 04:22 PM

I think it's really great that you spend so much time giving thought to the culture of the characters in your stories. Once you know the world, it makes writing so much easier. That's probably one of the hardest things as a writer, ya know? I always want to rush into writing without giving much thought to character backgrounds and everything else related, and end up getting stuck. :P

-relatable post #234

Tags
amber <3 charlie, ash da bomb, aziza<3, char-char, charbretta, charlie = unicorn, charlietheunicorn, confusing amber, derp =w=, ectroi=epic, flaming mangoes, heckata want zappy!, i love this book, lyall_areyel_was_here, not troodania, pancake=imbecile, pumabats oh yeah, sarastic amber :d, sketchpads >_>, stay fab!, story on kidpub, troodainia, what the hecklefang?, wot, yep