Quantcast Writing Sites For Teens/Young Adults? - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2015, 01:17 AM

Question Writing Sites For Teens/Young Adults?

Hey there, everyone! <:^)

I've been inactive on here for a really, REALLY long time, (I don't even know how many of you guys will recognize me) and unfortunately I'm a bit too old to be called a "kid" since I'm 18 now, and, well...anybody know of any good writing sites for teens/young adults? <:^D The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Wattpad, but I was wondering if there was a particular site that KPers like to go to once they've gotten older.

This is an especially important decision for me, since I'll be moving my main book series, WOT, to whatever site I choose and will be continuing it there. I'd LOVE to continue it on here, and it absolutely breaks my heart to leave, but...yeah. ;_;
Old 09-19-2015, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAshWolf View Post

I've been inactive on here for a really, REALLY long time, (I don't even know how many of you guys will recognize me) and unfortunately I'm a bit too old to be called a "kid" since I'm 18 now, and, well...anybody know of any good writing sites for teens/young adults? <:^D The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Wattpad, but I was wondering if there was a particular site that KPers like to go to once they've gotten older.

This is an especially important decision for me, since I'll be moving my main book series, WOT, to whatever site I choose and will be continuing it there. I'd LOVE to continue it on here, and it absolutely breaks my heart to leave, but...yeah. ;_;
ASH OH MY GOSH HI.

And I dunno any sites. Possibly wattpad.

*sees you already wrote that* Oh, dunno then.
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Old 09-19-2015, 03:35 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

I think at one point there was a site that was the adult extension of kidpub but I have no idea what happened to it. It would be really nice to have one like kidpub though because all of the other websites are kind of different with everyone not being friends like people are on here.

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 09-19-2015, 07:50 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAshWolf View Post

Wattpad and Figment are probably the biggest ones
Old 09-19-2015, 11:16 AM

you could try journalister (: i'm on that but i rarely go on oops

((death, white lies))
Old 09-20-2015, 11:35 AM

To be honest, I think a lot of kpers go to wattpad once they leave. I know more than one person on here has one, and that's what I'm considering. I'm kind of in the same boat though I'm not eighteen yet... I've heard Figment is good. Some people do tumblr and DeviantArt as well.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:06 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse

I also just found this app called Medium, but it's more articles/essays than poetry and books (though I've seen some of that too). You have this stream based on genres you're interested in. I don't really know much about it though
Old 09-22-2015, 10:15 AM

Ahh hi there, Ash!

Yeah the only ones I know of have been mentioned (Wattpad and Figment, I'm on both) but I've never really looked that hard for other sites to join... These sites are both reaaaallly big/popular, so they're definitely different from kidpub.

But whichever one you do go to, would you let us know, maybe? ;3 I'd like to keep reading WOT and the other stories you might write in the future. ^_^'
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Old 09-26-2015, 02:27 AM

Heyyy, everyone! Thank you SO MUCH for answering! Sorry I haven't replied until now. (I'm absolutely swamped with schoolwork right now. x_x)

Thanks for the suggestions!!! I remembered Wattpad but I totally forgot about Figment. I'll definitely look into all the sites you've mentioned, see which one I like the format of the most.

And, if any of you guys are interested in keeping up with WOT, don't worry, I'll be sure to spam the WOT thread and my bio with links to my new page on whatever site it is that I join. ^_^
Old 09-26-2015, 02:28 AM

Also, aaggghhh, while I'm here, HOW HAVE ALL OF YOU BEEN DOING?? I'VE MISSED YOU ALL SO MUCH. (*bear hugs all of you*) Tell me, what've you all been up to on here? :'D Any new writing projects goin' on? Any major KP developments I should be aware of?

Tags
advice?