Quantcast Feminism - Page 11 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 11-12-2016, 11:30 PM
AlgebraAddict AlgebraAddict is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: tehksus
Posts: 16,905
Default

sTOP EXCUSING BOYS FOR THEIR BULLSHIT BECAUSE "THEY CAN'T HELP IT" OR "THEY ARE HORMONAL" as if goodness and self-control flOW FROM MY OVARIES nO. i have to WORK TO BE A GOOD PERSON. i have to control myself. i am a hormonal mess too. i have problems too. nO ONE EXCUSES MY BULLSHIT. no one tells me that I CAN'T HELP iT when i get mad about shit i'VE GOT RIGHT REASON TO BE PISSED AS FUCK ABOUT; they just tell me to SHUT THE FUCK UP. and yet when i dare tell a boy that same thing in much kinder language, they get up and say "well here's the thing" and i think that is buLLSHIT. and if you are a girl who wants to excuse their behavior because boys will be boys, keep in mind that "boys being boys" has fucked up a lot of lives and you are excusing that and taking the side of oppression. and don't you dare tell me to be calm, because i aM TIRED of being calm. i am tired of being SHUT DOWN so a bunch of ignorant fuckboy opinions can take the place of mine.
__________________



and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind



- I Found, by Amber Run
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 11-13-2016, 09:23 AM
july3girl july3girl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: In a computer doing mountains of homework
Posts: 790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
sTOP EXCUSING BOYS FOR THEIR BULLSHIT BECAUSE "THEY CAN'T HELP IT" OR "THEY ARE HORMONAL" as if goodness and self-control flOW FROM MY OVARIES nO. i have to WORK TO BE A GOOD PERSON. i have to control myself. i am a hormonal mess too. i have problems too. nO ONE EXCUSES MY BULLSHIT. no one tells me that I CAN'T HELP iT when i get mad about shit i'VE GOT RIGHT REASON TO BE PISSED AS FUCK ABOUT; they just tell me to SHUT THE FUCK UP. and yet when i dare tell a boy that same thing in much kinder language, they get up and say "well here's the thing" and i think that is buLLSHIT. and if you are a girl who wants to excuse their behavior because boys will be boys, keep in mind that "boys being boys" has fucked up a lot of lives and you are excusing that and taking the side of oppression. and don't you dare tell me to be calm, because i aM TIRED of being calm. i am tired of being SHUT DOWN so a bunch of ignorant fuckboy opinions can take the place of mine.
this is so great. preach.

this is such an unspoken (and sometimes actually spoken) mindset when it comes to school dress codes, which i actually did a project on last year. the reason for so many rules against girls is because "boys will be boys," they will get disgraced and basically saying that boys have no self control. well. gues. what?

people aren't BORN with self control it's something you have to work. you think i don't get distracted for a second by the clothes the boys wear? i do. BOYS ARENT THE OBLY HORMONAL ONES DAMIT.

this isn't related, but i'm getting so tired of some of the boys at my school. my friends hear them talking about how all of the 8th grade girls' boobs god bigger over the summer and last year they were deciding who's butt is the best and ugh. there's also this one kid who seems nice but he's SO RFFING TOUCHY. like he just unnecessarily 'accidentally' brushes against our boobs and butts and stuff and one time during a lecture he put his hand on my knee and i didn't know what to do so i just like crossed my legs away from him and then another time he was like holding this one girl by the waist when she was trying to learn to skateboard but she didn't want him to and uuhhh

also not that all of the 8th grade girls know he's a creep he's like going after the 7th graders and like plays footsie with them during science and it's just really gross
__________________
death doesn't discriminate
between the sinners and the saints

it takes and it takes and it takes
-leslie odom jr and lin manuel miranda, "wait for it," hamilton
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 11-14-2016, 05:54 PM
Ember Ember is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,007
Default

tfw everyday that kid in my math class asks the boy who sits at our table how to do the homework and everyday I end up helping him out and telling him how to do it when the boy doesn't really get it and everyday he always turns to his friends at the other table and says "I know how to do it [boy's name] told me how"
??????? ok bud
this isn't really a big issue i'm just slightly peeved
__________________
I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart)
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 03-17-2017, 12:27 AM
Ember Ember is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,007
Default

Ah yes, I've been enlightened, of course we don't need feminism because women already have laws passed that tell men "hey, guys, maybe you shouldn't beat on your wives and ladies." Of course, we've won! Women and men have the exact same rights now. Thank you so much for enlightening me! You've completely made me forget that85% of murder victims in the US are women. And that one in five women are sexually assaulted in college (the reported cases. 65% go unreported). And I've totally forgotten the growing porn industry that portrays women as objects purely created for the satisfaction of the male libido. My aunt being consistently raped by her now ex-husband due to the fact that he partook in the very same industry and told her that that was how women should act in bed, that she shouldn't be uncomfortable with what he was forcing her to do and that his repeated assaults were not assaults at all, because he was just having her accomplish her duty as a wife is just a silly side note. Women have nothing to fear. The fact that my mother told me horror stories daily when I was growing up to show me that I needed to protect myself, that the world was scary out there and damn she was right and it gave me nightmares and I wasn't able to look a man in the face but she was trying to keep me safe from a world she knew all too well, that is a meaningless fluke. That whenever she warns me about her own experience, about getting flashed by strange and older men several times before the age of 19, she always adds in that she was lucky it wasn't worse. It doesn't matter that when a young girl loses her innocence because a grown man decided that that new adolescent should really be seeing his balls right about then that she immediately thinks "wow I am so lucky. I am so lucky it wasn't worse." Yes of course women have nothing to worry about. We're done. Our work is done. Let's ignore the fact that almost every single woman I know has experienced sexual harassment (at the very least). That's irrelevant. Let's ignore that even my sisters, who grew up sheltered in the suburbs and only dated within a community that taught respect of sexual relations and the sacredity of sexual relations were harassed by men they trusted. It doesn't mean a damn thing. It's over guys, we did it.

(At an ex-friend who told me that women have nothing to complain about anymore. The same guy who, when my friend and I confided that we were afraid to walk down the street alone, told us that aww, we shouldn't feel that way. Because there's nothing scary out there, it's fine, he does it all the time and he's ok he's not afraid. Acted like it was our fault that we were taught to be afraid. Who when I quietly said that I can't seem to trust adult men, that it's ingrained into me that they are inherently dangerous, laughed and said yeah, he doesn't trust women who wear too much makeup. Sorry but he pissed me off and he was someone that I liked for a really long time and looked up to and saw as one of the good guys until he pulled some unforgivable crap and made me look back on every crappy thing he's ever said/done.)

I only come back on here to complain lmao sorry for my badly written and indecipherable rant. Also the fact that I implied that my sisters who were sheltered shouldn't have been harassed, that that should be preserved for other, more liberal women was not my intent. I was trying to make an argument against those who blame women for their harassment by using examples of my conservative and sheltered sisters who still suffered the effects of a patriarchal society. Please don't take any of it the wrong way if you did decide to read my unintelligible mess.
__________________
I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart)
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 03-19-2017, 01:05 AM
T.Longmire T.Longmire is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The TARDIS
Posts: 1,270
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember View Post
Ah yes, I've been enlightened, of course we don't need feminism because women already have laws passed that tell men "hey, guys, maybe you shouldn't beat on your wives and ladies." Of course, we've won! Women and men have the exact same rights now. Thank you so much for enlightening me! You've completely made me forget that85% of murder victims in the US are women. And that one in five women are sexually assaulted in college (the reported cases. 65% go unreported). And I've totally forgotten the growing porn industry that portrays women as objects purely created for the satisfaction of the male libido. My aunt being consistently raped by her now ex-husband due to the fact that he partook in the very same industry and told her that that was how women should act in bed, that she shouldn't be uncomfortable with what he was forcing her to do and that his repeated assaults were not assaults at all, because he was just having her accomplish her duty as a wife is just a silly side note. Women have nothing to fear. The fact that my mother told me horror stories daily when I was growing up to show me that I needed to protect myself, that the world was scary out there and damn she was right and it gave me nightmares and I wasn't able to look a man in the face but she was trying to keep me safe from a world she knew all too well, that is a meaningless fluke. That whenever she warns me about her own experience, about getting flashed by strange and older men several times before the age of 19, she always adds in that she was lucky it wasn't worse. It doesn't matter that when a young girl loses her innocence because a grown man decided that that new adolescent should really be seeing his balls right about then that she immediately thinks "wow I am so lucky. I am so lucky it wasn't worse." Yes of course women have nothing to worry about. We're done. Our work is done. Let's ignore the fact that almost every single woman I know has experienced sexual harassment (at the very least). That's irrelevant. Let's ignore that even my sisters, who grew up sheltered in the suburbs and only dated within a community that taught respect of sexual relations and the sacredity of sexual relations were harassed by men they trusted. It doesn't mean a damn thing. It's over guys, we did it.

(At an ex-friend who told me that women have nothing to complain about anymore. The same guy who, when my friend and I confided that we were afraid to walk down the street alone, told us that aww, we shouldn't feel that way. Because there's nothing scary out there, it's fine, he does it all the time and he's ok he's not afraid. Acted like it was our fault that we were taught to be afraid. Who when I quietly said that I can't seem to trust adult men, that it's ingrained into me that they are inherently dangerous, laughed and said yeah, he doesn't trust women who wear too much makeup. Sorry but he pissed me off and he was someone that I liked for a really long time and looked up to and saw as one of the good guys until he pulled some unforgivable crap and made me look back on every crappy thing he's ever said/done.)

I only come back on here to complain lmao sorry for my badly written and indecipherable rant. Also the fact that I implied that my sisters who were sheltered shouldn't have been harassed, that that should be preserved for other, more liberal women was not my intent. I was trying to make an argument against those who blame women for their harassment by using examples of my conservative and sheltered sisters who still suffered the effects of a patriarchal society. Please don't take any of it the wrong way if you did decide to read my unintelligible mess.
dude yess my friend says the same fucking thing and this perfectly explains my argument
__________________
I went to the woods to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
-- thoreau
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 03-20-2017, 12:42 PM
Owen-L Owen-L is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: dfsgfdgnghgfbd
Posts: 7,498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember View Post
85% of murder victims in the US are women.
No idea where you're getting this info from. Males account for 77% of murder victims. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_di..._United_States + https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ndhomicidemain)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember View Post
The fact that my mother told me horror stories daily when I was growing up to show me that I needed to protect myself,
Sorry, but no matter how hard we try, no one is ever going to be 100% risk free of being assaulted, so why act as if protecting yourself is a bad thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember View Post
Because there's nothing scary out there, it's fine, he does it all the time and he's ok he's not afraid.
That's not true. Just because males are less likely to be raped, it doesn't mean that he can't be attacked, and men are more likely to be physically assaulted than women.

idk, just some thoughts. not intending to offend anyone.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 03-20-2017, 06:19 PM
Lily09 Lily09 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: who knows??
Posts: 17,324
Default

i agree with both of yall.
Women do face a lot of violence, esp poc trans women, and protecting yourself is important. However, it shouldn't be just up to women to defend themselves. Because toxic masculinity and the effects of the patriarchy is SO pervasive, it's important to teach sons about how important respect and consent is from a young age. It's also important to teach them they can and SHOULD speak up if a woman or any other gender is hurting them.

It's also important to teach women (and nonbinary people as well) that respect and consent is important. It's never okay to hit someone or belittle someone.

Patriarchy is everyone's problem, not just women's. However, at the same time, we shouldn't ignore just how much it affects women.

i also want to note though that ember may just be posting here to get this off their chest, which is perfectly valid and we should listen. i don't think it really warrants a discussion, unless its meant to be one.
__________________
whaddup

Last edited by Lily09; 03-20-2017 at 06:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 03-20-2017, 06:39 PM
Ember Ember is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen-L View Post
No idea where you're getting this info from. Males account for 77% of murder victims. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_di..._United_States + https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ndhomicidemain)

Sorry, but no matter how hard we try, no one is ever going to be 100% risk free of being assaulted, so why act as if protecting yourself is a bad thing?

That's not true. Just because males are less likely to be raped, it doesn't mean that he can't be attacked, and men are more likely to be physically assaulted than women.

idk, just some thoughts. not intending to offend anyone.
Some good points.

Yeah, that statistic I think I only heard it somewhere I shouldn't have included it or I should have fact checked this was just written in an angry stupor I apologize for that one.

I'm not saying that it's wrong to be cautious and protect oneself, but it's just that it was such an intense part of my childhood that I had nightmares nightly about strange men. I was ingrained with a fear and hatred for even harmless men. It was a really toxic environment that a lot of women I know have experienced and it's not the fact of keeping yourself safe, which everyone should do, but it's the fact that it was a daily reminder and fear for me because of the sheer amount of violence that is perpetrated against women (sexual assault especially). So much so that my mother had to sit her 6-year old daughter down and tell her about how to claw a man's eyes out and all of the ways to fight and how she should be prepared to die before be taken: all this done while my brother got to play video games. It's more the psychological toll that violence against women causes.

I'm not saying that he can't be attacked. Of course he can, but the point is that he dismissed my friend and I's fears as foundless without considering at all that we have been raised to be victims. He is the one that claimed that there is no reason to be afraid, without considering that he is much less of a target as a large guy than a scrawny girl. I know that men are targets of assaults as well, I'm not denying it, but you can't deny that our society is based much more so around the victimization of women. There is such a view of women as prey that it's affecting our way of life in ways that young men generally can't relate to because they weren't raised with that fear. We've normalized violence against women.

Thank you for your points, I hope I cleared up some of my inaccuracies. I appreciate what you brought to my attention I guess there were a few exaggerations and mistakes in my statement it was more of an emotional vent than anything. I didn't mean to put up such an ignorant demonstration of beliefs that are actually well founded for myself and I think for others. I'll try to be more coherent and careful in how I represent my thoughts next time lmao.
__________________
I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart)
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 03-21-2017, 01:44 AM
AlgebraAddict AlgebraAddict is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: tehksus
Posts: 16,905
Default

Slut shaming has got to stop
Can we just all agree right now
That he way I dress and the way I dance and how short my shorts are
Is none of anyone's business
Because I'm sick and tired of everyone being on my ass because I show cleavage and wear short shorts and fuck them all honestly
__________________



and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind



- I Found, by Amber Run
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 03-21-2017, 11:05 AM
Owen-L Owen-L is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: dfsgfdgnghgfbd
Posts: 7,498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember View Post
Some good points.

Yeah, that statistic I think I only heard it somewhere I shouldn't have included it or I should have fact checked this was just written in an angry stupor I apologize for that one.

I'm not saying that it's wrong to be cautious and protect oneself, but it's just that it was such an intense part of my childhood that I had nightmares nightly about strange men. I was ingrained with a fear and hatred for even harmless men. It was a really toxic environment that a lot of women I know have experienced and it's not the fact of keeping yourself safe, which everyone should do, but it's the fact that it was a daily reminder and fear for me because of the sheer amount of violence that is perpetrated against women (sexual assault especially). So much so that my mother had to sit her 6-year old daughter down and tell her about how to claw a man's eyes out and all of the ways to fight and how she should be prepared to die before be taken: all this done while my brother got to play video games. It's more the psychological toll that violence against women causes.

I'm not saying that he can't be attacked. Of course he can, but the point is that he dismissed my friend and I's fears as foundless without considering at all that we have been raised to be victims. He is the one that claimed that there is no reason to be afraid, without considering that he is much less of a target as a large guy than a scrawny girl. I know that men are targets of assaults as well, I'm not denying it, but you can't deny that our society is based much more so around the victimization of women. There is such a view of women as prey that it's affecting our way of life in ways that young men generally can't relate to because they weren't raised with that fear. We've normalized violence against women.

Thank you for your points, I hope I cleared up some of my inaccuracies. I appreciate what you brought to my attention I guess there were a few exaggerations and mistakes in my statement it was more of an emotional vent than anything. I didn't mean to put up such an ignorant demonstration of beliefs that are actually well founded for myself and I think for others. I'll try to be more coherent and careful in how I represent my thoughts next time lmao.
ah. thanks for clearing that up for me.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
butterfly, classical cat, feminism, flaming mangoes, im so proud omg

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.