Quantcast OFFICIAL POLITICAL VENTING STATION (No fights, please!) - Page 121 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > US Elections
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2017, 10:39 AM

i've been scared of venting about it because it doesn't directly effect me, but either way i am angry and i am scared and i don't know what the hell i can do to help. i feel so damn helpless and i know that those affected or related must feel the same times a thousand. i had an assignment on this due today, and it's just... this whole thing is just so screwed up. this country is so screwed up.

also can we talk about how none of the citizens of any of the seven countries have committed a terrorist attack on the us (i don't think? correct me if i'm wrong, that's just what my teacher said)? 9/11 was mentioned during all of this mess, but none of these countries were a part of that. THOSE terrorists were saudi (who isn't a part of the ban), sooo?? obviously i'm not sayng to cut immigration/travel from anywhere, but don't throw around 9/11 like it stands for every majority-muslim country ever.

and he says its not about religion, but did you know that his own aide said, on live tv, that he asked about how to do a ban on muslims legally? and he's said it before, in his campaigns and he said he would focus on helping christian immigrants and this is so screwed up.

but what to do????? i have some friends that protested at our airport, but i didn't go. my mom is an organizer for a march for the epa and stuff but what will it do? he doesn't seem to care that we are angry. he doesn't seem to care. i don't know what to do.

it takes and it takes and it takes
-leslie odom jr and lin manuel miranda, "wait for it," hamilton

Last edited by july3girl; 01-31-2017 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-31-2017, 10:44 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to venika

im so angry this is disgusting
Old 01-31-2017, 11:25 AM

the Orwellian doublespeak is strong with this one lmao......

only bright side: I just learned that trans boys can be Boy Scouts now
Old 01-31-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
the Orwellian doublespeak is strong with this one lmao......

only bright side: I just learned that trans boys can be Boy Scouts now
Oh yeah this makes me so happy! Good job Boy Scouts keep it up
Old 02-01-2017, 06:47 PM

School headmistress be like "this is a very nasty time in politics. People protesting with signs with curse words, punching people they disagree with"

Not saying punching people is okay
But like
No I am totally saying punching people is okay
Punching people is 1000% okay if they're fucking NAZI SHIT

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 02-01-2017, 07:44 PM

there's a kid here who's grandfather is part of trumps cabinet and I actually feel bad for him? He's really nice and also very liberal himself and I know he doesn't feel comfortable expressing his political views at home but it's just really weird
Old 02-01-2017, 08:43 PM

I don't know who's telling the truth- I really don't trust any news sources- but I heard that this whole thing is just a temporary travel ban, and that Obama did the same thing for a bit before lifting it and no one made this much of a fuss?? Not sure if that's the truth but there may be a whole lot of overreaction going on...

-i found, amber run
Old 02-01-2017, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly View Post
I don't know who's telling the truth- I really don't trust any news sources- but I heard that this whole thing is just a temporary travel ban, and that Obama did the same thing for a bit before lifting it and no one made this much of a fuss?? Not sure if that's the truth but there may be a whole lot of overreaction going on...
thats because Obama's policy was not a ban, it didnt affect 7 countries, and was not directed at refugees.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:20 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly View Post
Following a botched terrorist attack by Iraqis, Obama decided to review the files of 50,000+ Iraqi refugees, and increased vetting for about six months. As a result, immigration from Iraq slowed (but no one was outright banned).

Trump, however, banned everyone from 7 countries from entering the US, even those who have already been vetted and were planning to come here anyways.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:32 AM

mmm... i love the smell of Discourse in the morn...

Tags
anarchy, assassinate pence too, assassinate trump, fuck trump, how did this happen, i hate conservatives, i hate liberals, i hate you all, kp + politics = fights, nilentoneverythread, popular vote anyone???, rip america, stop complaining, summer breeze, summer breeze?!, yes we are