Quantcast mentally ill cuties - Page 6 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2018, 03:24 PM

hey anyone have any ideas for getting through the summer without ever wearing shorts or short dresses or short sleeves? don't worry, nothing new, just my parents are shit at dealing with this type of thing. I can wear shorts and short sleeves at school no problem but I have to go home in two weeks and hahaaaa
Old 05-23-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallowtail View Post
hey anyone have any ideas for getting through the summer without ever wearing shorts or short dresses or short sleeves? don't worry, nothing new, just my parents are shit at dealing with this type of thing. I can wear shorts and short sleeves at school no problem but I have to go home in two weeks and hahaaaa
one of my new favorite summer outfits is a flowy wide-legged jumpsuit (air circulation and light material = cool) with a three-quarter sleeve bodysuit underneath. it's cute and comfortable and fairly cool, and no shorts or short sleeves

basically just focus on light, flowy, loose things to avoid showing sweat stains. i'm not sure how hot it is where you leave, but where i live in the summer it's over 110 degrees fahrenheit on the regular, and i don't normally wear shorts or short dresses and the like.

i would try some flowy wide-legged pants (they're in style right now, you can get em at forever 21 for cheap) and then for the top, maybe a closer fitting three-quarter sleeved shirt/bodysuit. or, if jeans are more your thing, boyfriend/looser fitting ones would be ideal, and if you like them more slim-fit, aim for some holes to encourage air circulation. (full-length overalls, cuffed at the ankles, look adorable with t-shirts/bodysuits and are pretty summery imo)

not sure if maxi skirts/dresses are your jam, but those are also good options.

for tops, again, light, flowy, loose. focus on shirts that don't cling to your body (sweat stains again). boxy t-shirts are nice for that. and try to stay inside in the air conditioning as much as possible

and then i'm not sure how short classifies as short to your parents, but i practically live in shapeless flowy t-shirt dresses during the summer. old navy has some that hit my knees.

not gonna lie it's pretty rough sometimes man but it is possible. i hope this was helpful lol (when in doubt go to pinterest)

good luck!!
Old 05-24-2018, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabes View Post
one of my new favorite summer outfits is a flowy wide-legged jumpsuit (air circulation and light material = cool) with a three-quarter sleeve bodysuit underneath. it's cute and comfortable and fairly cool, and no shorts or short sleeves

basically just focus on light, flowy, loose things to avoid showing sweat stains. i'm not sure how hot it is where you leave, but where i live in the summer it's over 110 degrees fahrenheit on the regular, and i don't normally wear shorts or short dresses and the like.

i would try some flowy wide-legged pants (they're in style right now, you can get em at forever 21 for cheap) and then for the top, maybe a closer fitting three-quarter sleeved shirt/bodysuit. or, if jeans are more your thing, boyfriend/looser fitting ones would be ideal, and if you like them more slim-fit, aim for some holes to encourage air circulation. (full-length overalls, cuffed at the ankles, look adorable with t-shirts/bodysuits and are pretty summery imo)

not sure if maxi skirts/dresses are your jam, but those are also good options.

for tops, again, light, flowy, loose. focus on shirts that don't cling to your body (sweat stains again). boxy t-shirts are nice for that. and try to stay inside in the air conditioning as much as possible

and then i'm not sure how short classifies as short to your parents, but i practically live in shapeless flowy t-shirt dresses during the summer. old navy has some that hit my knees.

not gonna lie it's pretty rough sometimes man but it is possible. i hope this was helpful lol (when in doubt go to pinterest)

good luck!!
thanks a ton! this was super helpful lmao.

but yeah I'm just already incredibly tall and have scars right at the joints of my wrists and like directly above my knees so like its super hard to find anything long enough . and its also something I'm really self-conscious about so I like try my hardest to avoid maxi dresses or anything that makes me look my height. also gonna have a fun time trying to never go swimming or do anything of that sort. last year I had a swimsuit that went down to my ankles but had short sleeves and I just drew on my arms all the time? but then my parents got suspicious so I stopped swimming at all. and like I wore this one jean jacket everywhere with a sundress but those all went juuuuust to my knees and I fucking grew so now that's not an option.

but on the bright side, I'm so pale that most of my scars just don't show up at all except for being slightly raised?? but that also means I have to be super careful to not tan at all or I won't even be able to wear anything above like floor length.

but yeah, thanks so much for your suggestions! definitely helped
Old 05-27-2018, 01:41 AM

summer's here, which means that inevitably I'm going to have strangers trying to start conversations with comments and inquiries about my scars? like could you think of literally anything else to talk to me about??? thats such a Not Interesting part of my life that you're asking about n my life has gotten Much More Lit since 2015, believe it or not. for example in 2018 I write songs and work at a flower shop. thats so much cooler

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 12-31-2018, 12:32 AM

charged my old phone and turned it on for the first time in almost a year- went through the camera roll and all the pictures of myself on it are all body checks? it’s cool seeing how much better i’ve gotten at taking care of myself since there but also? i remember being absolutely convinced i was fat and that i weighed so much and that nothing i was doing was dangerous? but in the pictures i am instantly visibly and quite dangerously underweight- and i also remember that i didn’t take any pictures of myself at my lowest. idk. reminder that mental illnesses are tricky bastards and you sometimes can’t trust your own brain to judge your health. also the whole “not sick enough” thing is total bullshit.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:28 PM

looking at my old posts on this thread when i didn't know what being mentally ill was eeweweweweewew

hi im bipolar
Old 04-10-2019, 07:15 PM

i’ve spent the last few days dealing with being horribly sad by translating simple surreal memes into irish so uh. coping mechanisms? they’re horrifying but it makes me laugh
Old 04-10-2019, 07:32 PM

good morning, i'm here to rectify things i said on this thread bc i don't like leaving loose ends and Also it feels icky taking up space on a thread that I don't truly belong on (even though i'm doing exactly that rn rip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
i think i'm too immature atm because i'm a lot better than i used to be (i think), but at the same time i could just be reflecting my mom b/c she doesn't have very high opinions of ppl who take meds.
this is an unintentional lie, my mom has been significantly more open with me abt mental illness recently and has told me directly that both she and my dad are open to taking me to a doctor and getting me medication if I ever feel that I need it.

Quote:
as it turns out, my job was just way too fuckin stressful and it only took a week for me to calm my tits after quitting.
I actually wasn't going to comment on this, but paired with this past winter I'm beginning to see a pattern. I don't think it was entirely my job that was making me miserable. I started the job in september and quit in february, which means it spanned almost the entirety of our very dark, very cold winter. Plus, like I said, my mom's been a lot more open with me recently and as it turns out, she herself has a seasonal anxiety disorder, which makes it very likely that I also have one. It's never progressed to the point where it physically interferes with my daily life (much), so I probably won't go get an official diagnosis, but now that I have this information (or clue, I guess, is a better term) about myself I'll be able to deal with it better : )

Quote:
I still kind of suspect I might have a mild form of Sensory Processing Dysfunction (disorder?), which, mixed with how asocial I am accounts for pretty much all of how awful I felt at my previous job. It's all speculative though, and now that I don't feel the need to bang my head against hard objects I'm not that concerned with it anymore.
Mild misophonia. That is all. If I'd known about it back then I would have just told my employers that I needed earbuds, but I didn't so : P

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
avoid school counselors bc in my experience they're a lot more prone to telling ur parents everything. Also if you can drive and have your own cell phone, as someone else said, get your insurance info and go. it's also possible you could set up a consultation/first session that is free, if a therapist in your area is willing to do that. I've known counselors that did that.
This was legit good and helpful advice and idk why i never responded to it. Sorry, and thaank you : )
Down and out and missing home

(So beat a little louder now
I can't hear you anymore)
-Barns Courntey
Old 04-15-2019, 10:42 PM

i guess my agreement with faculty is that they don’t try and talk to me about my self harm bc i hate speaking to them/burdening them and instead they try and make me less anxious by helping me with college stuff so i can see a way out of where i am now. and thank fuck. thank god. it is so much better for me to not have to worry abt exhausting conversations and instead just speak abt things that make me hopeful.

Tags
illness, mental illness, mentally ill, support